Walking away from an ADR

We've been to Yak and Yeti when people were being quoted 90-minute waits for walk-ups. If you're not on the dining plan, just get a Landry's Select card for immediate seating at Yak and Yeti. You don't need a reservation at all. The card is $25, but (as of now) they credit it to your meal, so it's basically free. If you're on the dining plan, you won't be able to take advantage of the $25 credit unless you order extra items not on the plan, but I think the card is worth it just to be able to walk in and get immediate seating - no reservation needed. The card is also good at Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex.

Sounds like advertising. Do people really think a table is sitting there empty, waiting for them? If so they are the same people who think mermaids are in the pools and that Cinderella often runs down the stairs at the Grand Floridian. And ghosts are riding the boats.

I totally understand your point here, but Cinderella did come down the Grand Floridian staircase almost every afternoon from 2016 to sometime in 2019. She’d come down the staircase and dance in the lobby with Prince Charming. And it was very magical :)

It was here's a buzzer and a few "it will just be a few more mins" while we watch lots and lots of people go by....

I can understand seating groups of 2- 4 quicker, but there were bigger groups , maybe not 12 but 6 -8.
We had a group of 14 earlier this month. It varied greatly how long we had to wait. Sometimes we got in within 5 minutes other times we were not seated for more than 30 minutes.
My tip for a big group is try to get the first seating for lunch or dinner. That way you are not dependant on other parties leaving a big table to be seated. You also have way more chances of being seated together because they can set up the table for you in advance.
The only time that I was really upset by the seating wait was at Liberty Tree Tavern. We had split our group into 2 reservations at the same time because they do not have tables that seat 14. We even said when we arrived that we would be fine if we were not seated together. The first group was seated within 10 minutes. The second group was not only not seated with the other group, but it took 30 or 40 minutes longer for us to be seated at all. The other half of our group was on to dessert before we had even received our salad and rolls. There should have been some way to have us seated at least within a few minutes of each other. Many other people were called between our 2 groups. That was very disappointing and really messed up our plans and made those of us in the second group very grumpy! Although I love the food at Liberty Tree Tavern, I have generally found it one of the least accomodating restaurants and the check-in staff are often less friendly than most.

Maybe we've been lucky, but whether its been a group of 2 or 4, I don't think we have ever waited much over 20 minutes. No matter which restaurant its usually under 10 minutes.

We've been to Yak and Yeti when people were being quoted 90-minute waits for walk-ups. If you're not on the dining plan, just get a Landry's Select card for immediate seating at Yak and Yeti. You don't need a reservation at all. The card is $25, but (as of now) they credit it to your meal, so it's basically free. If you're on the dining plan, you won't be able to take advantage of the $25 credit unless you order extra items not on the plan, but I think the card is worth it just to be able to walk in and get immediate seating - no reservation needed. The card is also good at Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex.

The Rainforest Cafe is horrible with regards to seating people late. I can't think of a time I haven't had quite a bit of a wait even with an ADR.

The other place I seem to have problems with is The Rose and Crown. Always have to wait there too--a few times around 30 minutes past the ADR time.

It is too bad Disney can't put a button in the ap. You could click what time it is, and that you had decided to abandon your ADR as the wait was too long.And that way they wouldn't charge you for missing it.

Our last time at Crystal Palace for Dinner we waited 30 minutes and went to the desk and the person said we were already seated!! They messed up the reservation seating for several groups that I could see.we have never waited more than 30 minutes in the past.

Yep. We check in and if there is a wait. We move on. No charges that way. If you forget to cancel an ADR and are in that park or wherever. It’s the way to go if you change your mind and not get charged.
However here lately. We do same day ADRs. We usually get what we want and hardly ever wait. Just easier that way.
There is no restaurant in the world worth waiting an hour for. Got other stuff to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!