Walking from BWP Stovalls

Sunstar

Mouseketeer
I'm using Google Maps to check out the walking distances from various hotels and when I try to see how far it is from Best Western Plus Stovall’s, it keeps making me walk down Katella to Harbor. When I move the route to head down Disneyland Drive, it makes me go all the way up to the Mickey and Friend’s garage and loop back around (which adds on an extra 10 minutes from the previous route). Do I really need to do this or is there another way to go? Thanks!

You currently can walk north on Disneyland Drive past PPH, then go toward DLH and enter DTD near the AMC theaters. Security screening is also used by DLH guests. Only GCH guests are allowed to enter GCH from Disneyland Drive, but you can walk through when returning to BWS

There will certainly be changes caused by the new Disney hotel construction.

You currently can walk north on Disneyland Drive past PPH, then go toward DLH and enter DTD near the AMC theaters. Security screening is also used by DLH guests. Only GCH guests are allowed to enter GCH from Disneyland Drive, but you can walk through when returning to BWS

There will certainly be changes caused by the new Disney hotel construction.
Do you know how long a walk that would be?

We stayed at Stoval's and it was about a ten to fifteen minute walk for us. We walk fast.

Do you know how long a walk that would be?
The walk is about 10 minutes. When heading back to Stovall's from the parks, you can cut through the GCH back out to Disneyland Dr, you just can't do that in the mornings going towards the parks.

ETA: I should say, it's about 10min walk from Stovall's to the DLH security check point. Then it's another 5min or so through DTD and to the park turnstiles.

Last edited:

You walk out of your room, and go to the front of the property and turn right to get to the cross walk. (2 minutes)

Cross on the left side of Disneyland Drive, and walk up to Paradise Pier Hotel. (4-5 minutes).

Turn left after PPH, then right at the traffic circle, and to security. (4-5 minutes)

Turn right-ish to follow Downtown Disney District to the esplanade. (5-8 minutes)

I tend to be a slowish walker, and don't have a stroller. Never took me beyond 20 minutes that I remember.

Caveat: This could all change after 6/30, when they will rearrange things in Downtown Disney District to allow for the upcoming construction.

Agreed, you simply walk past Paradise Pier to the Downtown Disney entrance. The last time we stayed here was before the security changes and you could still cut through the Grand, but the procedures changed shortly after that trip. My preference is staying on Harbor, but we really like several of this hotel's features so we are staying here again in December. I fully intend on taking advantage of the short-cut through the Grand back to the hotel and know that we can always UBER or use ART if we are simply killing our feet. I have read that DD security usually moves more quickly than the Harbor entrance so it might be beneficial for that reason alone. If you are entering DD once the park is open you can hop on the monorail for a ride into the parks, giving your feet that bit of rest. I would not let the walk deter you from staying here, it's a pleasant walk, it's not that far and there are other options if you decide it is too much for you.

The walk through PPH/DLH takes about 15 minutes. If you're going after construction starts though, my guess is that it will be very difficult to get through that area.

Where does Uber/Lyft drop off at DL?
Two choices (look on Google Maps to check this visually):
1) Harbor side drop off, just south of the Harbor entrance, on the same side of the street as the parks.
2) DTD drop off, just south of the Lilo lot as you head toward the DLH. Drivers have a 15 minute grace period so they don't have to pay for parking.

Has anyone walked up Disneyland Dr. recently from Stovall’s? Just wondering if this is still a good way to go.
According to recent posters, this is still a good way to go. North on Disneyland Dr., cut through the PPH parking lot heading toward the DLH, follow the path to the DLH bag check (by EOS). On the way back, you'll be able to cut through the GCH from DTD to Disneyland Dr. -- a very nice, scenic shortcut.

When we stayed at Stovalls, and I was having back flare-ups, a few times we had Lyft/Uber drop us off at PPH and then walked from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter