Walking Reservation Necessary?

kboo

DIS Veteran
I'll be needing a 2 BR (Dedicated prefered) at BLT in mid Oct. 2020. Just checked and yep, walking is occurring on the Standard category. Plenty of LV availability so I verified I still have enough points if I need to book a LV. I'll deal with it in Nov when my 11 month booking window opens.
BLT standard category in any room size are hard to get at 11 months any time of the year, and probably get walked. I lucked out at 8:00am on the dot for last Thanksgiving for a 2br dedicated standard, but I got the last one, because right after I booked, they were all gone. It does go that fast.

Off topic but I’m fascinated...people walk for two to three months? Holy cow. I can’t imagine the work involved in that. Yowzas.
I personally haven't done it, but if you are planning to go for a week, it is a matter of modifying online (a few minutes) just short of once a week.

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
I would book the BW view, then wait list the standard view.

Walking is way too much effort then i want to give to DVC.
When booking a more expensive view and waitlisting a less expensive view, be aware of deadlines for holding and banking so you don't end up with lost points due to a successful WL freeing up points that end up in holding or are too late in your UY to bank.

Marionnette

Children see magic because they look for it
@Princess Merida were you able to book your studio? There was still at least one standard view studio available for 8/26 and beyond well after 8 AM today.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS