Walking Reservation Necessary?

I'll be needing a 2 BR (Dedicated prefered) at BLT in mid Oct. 2020. Just checked and yep, walking is occurring on the Standard category. Plenty of LV availability so I verified I still have enough points if I need to book a LV. I'll deal with it in Nov when my 11 month booking window opens.

BLT standard category in any room size are hard to get at 11 months any time of the year, and probably get walked. I lucked out at 8:00am on the dot for last Thanksgiving for a 2br dedicated standard, but I got the last one, because right after I booked, they were all gone. It does go that fast.

Off topic but I’m fascinated...people walk for two to three months? Holy cow. I can’t imagine the work involved in that. Yowzas.

I personally haven't done it, but if you are planning to go for a week, it is a matter of modifying online (a few minutes) just short of once a week.

I would book the BW view, then wait list the standard view.

Walking is way too much effort then i want to give to DVC.

When booking a more expensive view and waitlisting a less expensive view, be aware of deadlines for holding and banking so you don't end up with lost points due to a successful WL freeing up points that end up in holding or are too late in your UY to bank.

@Princess Merida were you able to book your studio? There was still at least one standard view studio available for 8/26 and beyond well after 8 AM today.

For those using waitlist, does waitlist take priority over ones spontaneously looking at availability online? So say 800AM rolls by for the day and not available, can you put on the waitlist and when a walker releases that day, will the waitlist person grab it instantly over someone just popping in for availability check?

For those using waitlist, does waitlist take priority over ones spontaneously looking at availability online? So say 800AM rolls by for the day and not available, can you put on the waitlist and when a walker releases that day, will the waitlist person grab it instantly over someone just popping in for availability check?

No one knows for sure, but that is the way it is supposed to work. Cancellations get checked against the wait list first. However, in practical terms, it seems too many times people are snatching up rooms that they have a waitlist for to make it a 100% full proof system that it is working the way they say it should.

When I have a wait list in place, I constantly check and I the last 6 months, the waitlist won out once...stalking won out a lot more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts