Walking time from the rear of the park to the front?

Kay7979

FANTASY NOVEL AUTHOR
We're staying on site, and I know it doesn't take too long to walk or take a boat back to the hotel, but I'm wondering how long it takes to hike from HP to the boat/walking path back to the RP.

In either park, it's a 10-15 minute walk from the furthest corner back up to the front gate. In IOA, Hogwarts is the furthest corner, while in USF it's the Fear Factor experience (but Diagon Alley is pretty close to that corner of the park.) We found that if the wait for the Hogwarts Express was more than about 15 minutes, it was faster to walk from one Wizarding World to the other.

Obviously this is contingent on your walking speed (me and my kids walk about 3 mph) and the crowd levels. Special events like the parade will also slow this down considerably.

In either park, it's a 10-15 minute walk from the furthest corner back up to the front gate. In IOA, Hogwarts is the furthest corner, while in USF it's the Fear Factor experience (but Diagon Alley is pretty close to that corner of the park.) We found that if the wait for the Hogwarts Express was more than about 15 minutes, it was faster to walk from one Wizarding World to the other.

Obviously this is contingent on your walking speed (me and my kids walk about 3 mph) and the crowd levels. Special events like the parade will also slow this down considerably.

Is there some way to walk directly from one Wizarding World to the other, or do you mean walk to the front gate, walk to the other front gate, then back?

The most direct way to get from Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley (and vice versa) is to take the Hogwarts Express. It is a very enjoyable ride and is a different show riding each way.

That said, to use it requires you have a park-to-park ticket. You will go through a ticket booth which is actually an entrance gate to the park you are hopping to.

There is no walking path other than going out the front gate, walk across in front of Hard Rock Cafe and enter at next park front gate.

Are there any suggested "walking route" maps available anywhere on disboard or anywhere else on www. Are there any for the "other place". First timers at RPR from 12/16 & POR from 12/23 so I'm guessing it'll just be a sea of people.

The most direct way to get from Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley (and vice versa) is to take the Hogwarts Express. It is a very enjoyable ride and is a different show riding each way.

That said, to use it requires you have a park-to-park ticket. You will go through a ticket booth which is actually an entrance gate to the park you are hopping to.

There is no walking path other than going out the front gate, walk across in front of Hard Rock Cafe and enter at next park front gate.

One thing I'm going to like about Universal is that both parks are next to each other. Disney parks are so far apart it's a major undertaking to go from one to another. They could have saved a lot of bus fuel if they had made the parks closer.

We found that if the wait for the Hogwarts Express was more than about 15 minutes, it was faster to walk from one Wizarding World to the other..

We often walked it (yes all the way out the front gate and back into the next park). Hogwart Express lines from London to Hogsmeade was often crazy long in the afternoons.

According to the Unofficial Guide, the train can handle something like 1,800 people per hour, which seems like a lot, but even on our relatively low-crowd days, the stand-by wait for the train was 30 min+ from 10AM or so onwards. At that point, you're not saving any time taking it versus walking, although the train ride is a neat experience and depending on your energy levels, standing in line for 30 min might be preferable to walking an extra mile + over to the other park.

Potter fans won’t care about walking over to the other park

HE has two different shows for this “ride”

Most people don’t mind the wait if they are into Potter

If a person just wants to switch parks and had enough of Potter, the walk would be quicker in changing parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter