Walking to DL from off-site

Skjhjb

DIS Veteran
We had a slight change of plans with our Hollywood tour, so instead of 3 days in a row at DL, we have two days, our tour, and then one more day at DL.

Unfortunately, on the tour day, after we are done, we have to check in to our off-site hotel (original plan had been move off-site, do tour, drive up the coast). So now, we need to walk to DL from off-site for our last day.

I tried checking the maps in the sticky post, but the link gave me a 404 error.

We are staying at Best Western Pavillions - and when I google map the route, it has us walk up Disneyland drive and then it takes us all around over by DLH before turning in to Downtown Disney area.

Is there a reason it would do that? Can we not just walk straight up Disneyland Drive?

Disneyland Drive goes below DTD, there's a bridge there that DTD is on and Disneyland Drive is below you. You need to go by the Disneyland Hotel to stay on the right 'level', and the security check to get into DTD is right there by Earl of Sandwich. The only other entrances to DTD is on the other end of Harbor where DL and CA gates are or through the CGH which is only for guests currently.

To further clarify, yes, you do have to walk up by DLH because this is only security entrance on this side of the park-all the way at the end of DTD. I looked at google maps and it does show the correct route if you choose walking for directions. Up Disneyland Dr in front of the PPH, then turn left on the sidewalk after you cross the entrance to PPH parking. Then take a right up "Downtown Dr" which is technically a street but is blocked off at the PPH roundabout. That will take you straight up to security. There are signs indicating the proper route to the parks along this path.

When you head back to the hotel in the evening, however, you can take a "shortcut" through the GCH. You can use the park exit to the Grand from DCA or the one in DTD between Sephora and the Disney Dress Shop that goes to the GCH lobby, then head out the main doors and take a left down the path to the Disneyland Dr crosswalk over to the PPH and on from there. You cannot go TO the parks this way as access to the front of the GCH is restricted to hotel guests or guests with a dining reservation but you can leave via this route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts