Walking to IOA from Royal Pacific

Hobbes

DIS Veteran
Just looking on Google earth-do we have to follow the path by the river to Margaritaville to get to IOA, or can we get across the road at Hollywood Way? I can see some sort of walking path that comes out by the lighthouse-is that for public use or CMs only?

Just looking on Google earth-do we have to follow the path by the river to Margaritaville to get to IOA, or can we get across the road at Hollywood Way? I can see some sort of walking path that comes out by the lighthouse-is that for public use or CMs only?

There is a path direct from the hotel along the waterway and takes you out at Margaritaville......the security check is there, then turn left for IOA.

You don’t need to wander into Hollywood Way at all when walking.

You need to follow the path that comes out by Margaritaville - the other entrance/exit is for CM's/event use only.

Thanks to you both-that was what I thought as I couldn't see any crossings, and the road looked a bit wide to be sprinting across between cars! I am so looking forward to this part of our holiday-its sad but the 3 days at Universal is exciting us more than the preceding 11 at Disney! :yay:

Its not a bad walk at all.
As others noted, you go right through a quick security and cross the bridge.

-its sad but the 3 days at Universal is exciting us more than the preceding 11 at Disney! :yay:
It's so much more relaxing than Disney - I dont even do Disney anymore.
I will go back once for the 50th if all the new rides are done.

The walk back and fourth from RPR is nice - just keep an eye out for the bikes - they will ring their bells for the most part = just be prepared

It's so much more relaxing than Disney - I dont even do Disney anymore.
I will go back once for the 50th if all the new rides are done.

The walk back and fourth from RPR is nice - just keep an eye out for the bikes - they will ring their bells for the most part = just be prepared

Agreed on UOA>WDW

With regards to the rickshaw-style bikes - we were there Dec 12-19. Saw one bike often between RPR and CW. Seemed like the same guy driving it each time. And he often seemed to be traveling way to fast - potential for an accident to happen. While he may be well familiar with the path, he came around a few blind corners just flying - if there was an elderly person or a child darting about I'm not sure he would have been able to maneuver safely.

That’s why the rickshaw drivers ring their bell to alert people that are not paying attention to them

That’s why the rickshaw drivers ring their bell to alert people that are not paying attention to them

There are a few blind corners that you can't see them coming, especially when traveling so fast - not always about paying attention at that point. People with small children, first-timers, slower moving elderly, etc. may be enjoying the nice peacefulness of the pathway and not know that a rickshaw could be bursting around the corner unexpectedly.

I love this walking path. me and my partner have been to Universal studios twice now, once we stayed at Hard Rock and the last time we stayed here. Both walking paths are great but we always talk about the walking path between RPR and IOA because you hear the Hulk and we'd just be chatting away and usually mid sentence we'd hear it and I'd just stop talking and mimic the Hulk noise. It's silly I know but it's one of those little happy memories. Also just such a nice walk in the mornings and the Security check people there are so nice and it's quick and easy to get through. We would walk to the park in the morning and then get the boat back in the evening (just because I like the boat and for laziness sake).

"we'd just be chatting away and usually mid sentence we'd hear it and I'd just stop talking and mimic the Hulk noise. It's silly I know but it's one of those little happy memories."
No that's not silly-that's what all our holiday memories are-the clickety clack of BTMRR as it enters the tunnel at the beginning of the ride, the clang of that enormous exit gate at Epcot as we leave (that's a bittersweet memory as its usually the last park we do before we come home!). Its not the big things like the newest biggest ride, or the most expensive meal that create the memories that are personal to you its the silly little things. I'm looking forward to creating a few new ones at USF this time-thanks to everyone that has replied
:worship:

I’m staying at RP this summer and am looking forward to the scenic walk after reading this post - thank you.
The smell of cinnamon always reminds me of Universal because of the Cinnabon bakery at Citywalk - to be honest most of my memories are triggered by food :D. And whenever I smell pine trees it reminds me of Soarin’.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!