Walmart Kills Savings Catcher Effective May 14th 2019

I quit using the Walmart Savings Catcher when $55. of my savings catcher money was compromised and used in Downey, California - I am in Oklahoma - and Walmart never did ANYTHING to help me get it back even with repeated requests. When the rules changed and they insisted you sign up for Walmart Pay I thought no way am I gonna use their so called secured website after being compromised and them absolutely not caring. I always swear I'm gonna quit shopping there with all the new Self Pay kiosks and not carrying my favorite brands, but dang it if they aren't the cheapest on the products I need.

I stopped when it went to Wal-Mart pay too. Luckily, a new Aldi's opened and I started shopping there for all my produce and what little snack food I buy for the kids.

I generally go to Wal-Mart for the $1 loaf fresh Italian bread

I think that you not using a credit card saves them a percentage of the sale.
In a sense, they save paying a fee, and therefore help them make more profit.
I thought I had a credit card tied to mine, might have been a debit card. I no longer use it though.

This is a huge bummer! I have about $100 racked up. Granted, it took a long time but it adds up to a disney gift card for me. That is the ONLY reason I ever used walmart pay, that will stop. I hate using it!

Just an FYI, you don't have to have a card attached to Walmart Pay to use Savings Catcher. Or rather, you can attach one then delete it. That's what I did, and I use Savings Catcher every week when I shop. I just scan the Walmart Pay QR code and it prompts me to pay however I want, so then I put the card I'm using manually into the machine to pay. No worries about a compromised card and I can still submit my receipt via the app to get the Savings Catcher savings.

Bummed it won't be available anymore since I usually get at least $5 back every week, which is why I think it's extra funny they say they are ending it since they have found they do have the lowest prices. Not on the stuff I buy they don't :rotfl:

I have been fairly successful with Savings Catcher, with almost $600 in earnings over the life of me using it. I always cashed it in for Disney Gift Cards. Now that it is more difficult to do that, and Walmart pay is required, I will probably stop doing a lot of shopping there as of May 14th. I will be able to do online order placing and pickup for the convenience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!