Walmart?

Sassenach

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone, total DISboards noob here...

We're a family of four (me, hubby and two sons - ages 7 and (will be) 4). We'll be coming to WDW for the second time at the end of August, staying at All-Star Music. Super excited!!

Just wondering... How far is the nearest Walmart? Does anyone know approximately how much it costs in an Uber to get there? We're wanting to head there to stock up on drinks for the room.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome.
There is a new Walmart on Lake Wilson Road (just off the 192), it is about 4 miles from your hotel. We always hire a car, but I wouldn't think that an Uber would be too expensive.

Hi and welcome from us too!

You can do an online order from Walmart and have it delivered to your resort. DS did one in September without a problem and I arranged one in October. Deliveries were made to Bell Services and we collected them once we had checked in (to SSR). The Walmart at Old Lake Wilson Road has only been open for just over a year and is great if you do decide to visit. As @MrsDoubtfire says it's not far so shouldn't be too expensive if you call for an Uber.

Mrs TT.

I would double check on the grocery (and other services) deliveries to the resorts. Some stores will take grocery orders however they will expect you to collect them from their store and not be able to deliver to the resort. WDW has been changing its policy on who can be allowed on property for deliveries and what can be left with bell services.

Hi and welcome.
There is a new Walmart on Lake Wilson Road (just off the 192), it is about 4 miles from your hotel. We always hire a car, but I wouldn't think that an Uber would be too expensive.

Ooh, I'll have to check this one out, thanks :) I love a visit (or several) to Walmart! I like the Vineland Road store, it always has a good selection of supplies and souvenirs - I don't know how much it would cost in an Uber though as we've always had a car. Also visited the Turkey Lake Road and Vine St stores, but Vineland is our fave.

This one is your closest

2855 N Old Lake Wilson Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34747, United States

No idea what the UBER cost would be but perhaps the Budget board might be a good place to ask. Don't think it will be too much as I think it's only 2-4 miles away from the All Star

I just looked back through my trips.
In September it cost us $9.08 to get there in an uber from Art of Animation at just after 6pm.

Hope this helps :)

If you have the Uber app you can check the cost. I just checked and it is showing $8.57 to get there(one way) but can vary a little.

It you going from Animal Kingdom area than Old Lake Wilson Road is probably the closest and the newest x

It you going from Animal Kingdom area than Old Lake Wilson Road is probably the closest and the newest x

oh yes, that one is very close..
i've never been to that one....
the two on the other side of WDW are a bit scary, which is why i was thinking of the one in doctor phillips...
i'll have to try the old lake wilson road next time we're there

Ooh, I'll have to check this one out, thanks :) I love a visit (or several) to Walmart! I like the Vineland Road store, it always has a good selection of supplies and souvenirs - I don't know how much it would cost in an Uber though as we've always had a car. Also visited the Turkey Lake Road and Vine St stores, but Vineland is our fave.
You need an Uber to get round it, it absolutely huge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter