Walt Disney Company Q3 Earnings Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be more interested in their forecasting and how they'll try to sugarcoat the current numbers which we all know are going to stink.
I'd be tempted to sell come calls, but just not a lot of premium there. *sigh*

I'll be more interested in their forecasting and how they'll try to sugarcoat the current numbers which we all know are going to stink.
I'd be tempted to sell come calls, but just not a lot of premium there. *sigh*
See, I'm thinking buy! It can't go much lower surely?

But then you just have to wonder if those who called this the "new normal" were onto something and what if none of the vaccines work?

See, I'm thinking buy! It can't go much lower surely?

But then you just have to wonder if those who called this the "new normal" were onto something and what if none of the vaccines work?

I doubt the news is going to drop the stock price much. MOST of the weaker stomach investors already bailed and those that are in have already baked the loss into their calculations. The numbers are not much worse than wallstreet predicted, so this won't come as a great shocker. Not enough to tumble the stock more than a few points.

I doubt the news is going to drop the stock price much. MOST of the weaker stomach investors already bailed and those that are in have already baked the loss into their calculations. The numbers are not much worse than wallstreet predicted, so this won't come as a great shocker. Not enough to tumble the stock more than a few points.

There are ALOT of amateur investors out there...theres also a lot of professionals intentionally trying to move the market right now. Its select stocks like cruise lines, but we shall see with Dis Literally no rhyme or reason.

Yeah, unless there is really bad news I doubt price will go down much off todays call.

However if they give moderately bad news and then something compounds that in the coming weeks like vaccines failing trials or further lockdowns then that probably would drive the price down quite a lot more.

Yeah, unless there is really bad news I doubt price will go down much off todays call.

However if they give moderately bad news and then something compounds that in the coming weeks like vaccines failing trials or further lockdowns then that probably would drive the price down quite a lot more.

100%. News that is baked into the price will not move the needle significantly. New things that happen are will drive the stock up or down.

I haven’t really followed earnings calls in the past. Are they likely to talk about performance since they’ve reopened since (if I’m understanding this correctly) that will fall outside of the quarter the call is focused on?

I haven’t really followed earnings calls in the past. Are they likely to talk about performance since they’ve reopened since (if I’m understanding this correctly) that will fall outside of the quarter the call is focused on?

Not likely in specifics. They'll may mention a few things when discussing the future but the focus will be on the quarter in question.

These are the types of events where I lose like 4-5 threads out of my notifications because I can't keep up with everything, and like 4 days later I realize I haven't seen a notification from that thread in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter