Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I haven’t gotten an email. Not using DVC points. I wonder if they reached out to DVC first to try to get points used up as much as possible so that whole point usage/UY/bank/borrow etc (haha) has a chance at being less problematic?

I had a room only reservation, not DVC, and I received my email from Disney Destinations at around 9pm cst.

If we have a reservation already for May 31-June 6th, will it be automatically cancelled since our start date is before June 1st? We figured this trip wouldn’t happen even though it has been planned for a year, but we are trying to be optimistic.

If we have a reservation already for May 31-June 6th, will it be automatically cancelled since our start date is before June 1st? We figured this trip wouldn’t happen even though it has been planned for a year, but we are trying to be optimistic.

It wouldn't be automatically cancelled till within 7 days of that. I'm willing to bet the actual reopening dates will change by then, for better or worse.

It wouldn't be automatically cancelled till within 7 days of that. I'm willing to bet the actual reopening dates will change by then, for better or worse.
Okay! Thank you! I guess we won’t cancel just yet and see what happens. We already have our CL extra fast passes booked, so I’ll see if they let me book our regular fast passes next week.

We have a reservation from June 2 - June 10, 2020 however we are thinking we may push it back a few weeks.

I do appreciate the fact that Disney is waiving all fees up to the day of checkin for travel through June 30. That makes things easier to adjust. Now to sort out this airline situation....

I got no email yet but reached out to my TA to check. I had a package and cancelled once SWRR was cancelled. I'm not sure if I'd want to go by Septermber but I'd like to know if it's an option. free dining is a good deal.

My trip was supposed to be this week, we rebooked for Memorial Day week (last week in May). I had booked new FPs earlier this week...they are still there now, but when I attempt to modify some of them to other times, it says there is no longer any availability...so far it appears everything that starts with an S or T has no availability (Splash, Soarin, Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, Test Track, Seven Dwarfs, although that one could really be gone at just under 60 days). Other rides like Jungle Cruise, Navi, and Mission Space show times. FOP doesn’t show any other time slots but that’s normal for this time frame. Safari and Everest also show no other times. There is either a serious glitch or Disney is taking down FP availability without deleting precooked FPs

The idea that some have is that Disney will aim for a holiday weekend...

That's a bad plan.

The worst thing Disney could do is aim for business as usual by one of the big holiday dates.

Imagine them opening because they think the new cases rate is "low enough" to then let the usual high attendance numbers in for a holiday and there be one or two infected in the parks. Disaster for all those there and for Disney.

They need to wait it out until there are zero new cases for several days at least and even then start with very low capacity limits and maybe only a couple of resorts open.

Wonder if we'll see the AP blockout dates change for june/July? Our trip was scheduled for march, then rescheduled for April. If parks don't open until june/july, silver passes are 100% blocked out for those months.

Have to think they wont want to restrict people from coming to the parks when they reopen.

Last edited:
Wonder if we'll see the AP blockout dates change for june/July? Our trip was scheduled for march, then rescheduled for April. If parks don't open until june/july, silver and gold passes are 100% blocked out for those months.

Have to think they wont want to restrict people from coming to the parks when they reopen.
Whoa! My gold pass is definitely NOT blocked for July and it hasn't been in the past few years either..

Wonder if we'll see the AP blockout dates change for june/July? Our trip was scheduled for march, then rescheduled for April. If parks don't open until june/july, silver and gold passes are 100% blocked out for those months.

"The following blockout dates apply to the Disney Gold Pass: April 4 - 17, 2020; December 18 - 31, 2020; and January 1 - 2, 2021."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!