Walt Disney World Explorer

Toadlover

Mouseketeer
Who remembers this cdrom for windows? I absolutely loved this! I have it somewhere but it was for windows 95. I dont think they make it anymore. For those of you who dont know what t was it was an interactive map of all the parks at wdw. You could click on each park and then each attraction. It would tell you with a man's voice about the attraction and some had trivia or even videos. I would spend hours kust pouring through this game. It even had a hhidden mickey game that would cheerily say "Congratulations! You found a hidden Mickey!"

I actually came across a copy of this when our basement flooded a month back and we were moving a ton of storage boxes! I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but I've definitely been curious!

I actually came across WDW Explorer 2nd Edition on eBay last year and decided to grab it. I have been saving it for a dreary rainy day when I knew my spirits could use a lift, which just so happens to be... today! So I am going to give it a whirl here shortly and see if I can time travel back to WDW circa 1998! :yay:

UPDATE: I recently came across my 1998 version (version 2) and tried it in my Windows computer but it wouldn't work with the version I have. It's too new I guess! I am disappointed.

I remember The Walt Disney World Explorer PC game very well and I would play it for hours learning about each ride or show and we actually used this game to plan our Walt Disney World trip and it helped. I believe that there is also a trivia challenge on it and the answers can be found on some of the facts about Walt Disney World too. There is also a guided tour hosted by a real cast member as well. I also remember the Hidden Mickeys and if you clicked on one you already found it told you "Uh-uh you already found that one" and it was silly. I found the second edition at a Goodwill but haven't seen that one yet but The Walt Disney World Explorer is a really cool game

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!