Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

i signed up for Team Shula to get the free birthday entree since we will be there during my birthday week in oct. we have never eaten at the restaurant but have only heard great things about it. however it doesnt really look kid friendly in the pics. has anyone taken kids with them to dinner at shulas?
They do have a kid's menu.

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/menus/pdf/shulas-kids.pdf

Also the S/D has their Camp Dolphin, two hours free with Shula's dining.

http://www.swandolphin.com/kids/campdolphin.html

i signed up for Team Shula to get the free birthday entree since we will be there during my birthday week in oct. we have never eaten at the restaurant but have only heard great things about it. however it doesnt really look kid friendly in the pics. has anyone taken kids with them to dinner at shulas?
If your kids are at least 4, maybe give Camp Dolphin a try. Our three enjoyed it, and as Dan pointed out you get two free hours per entree. The camp fell a little short of the Sandcastle Club (at Beach Club) experience in our opinion, but they liked it and we'd try it again.

Just cashed all of my SPG points for a 10 night stay at the Dolphin..Is there a club level there? I am SPG Gold

Unfortunately, they got rid of club level a while ago. Would love for them to institute some type of concierge rooms...

Thanks for letting me know....I guess SPG gold doesn't get you too much there....as you have to pay for parking and resort fee....guess I will try for an upgraded room!

Just cashed all of my SPG points for a 10 night stay at the Dolphin..Is there a club level there? I am SPG Gold

Congrats! I'm sitting on over 200K Marriott points and I figure that another year of saving points would easily transfer to SPG and then still have enough to book a long stay as well.

Curious about dates though. I looked a week or so ago and there were only about 6-7 days in total available between August and January. Did you call or book online?

Thanks for letting me know....I guess SPG gold doesn't get you too much there....as you have to pay for parking and resort fee....guess I will try for an upgraded room!
Good Luck with that...been SPG Gold for several years and the biggest upgrade to date (5 visits) has been the room view...but there is the shorter check-in line!
Enjoy your 10 days at the Dolphin.

Congrats! I'm sitting on over 200K Marriott points and I figure that another year of saving points would easily transfer to SPG and then still have enough to book a long stay as well.

Curious about dates though. I looked a week or so ago and there were only about 6-7 days in total available between August and January. Did you call or book online?

I was able to get two rooms for ten nights in late October/early November....there were only 4 or 5 nights that were completely booked when I booked a week ago....I booked on line and then called directly to convert the two bookings into an executive 1 bedroom suite

Good Luck with that...been SPG Gold for several years and the biggest upgrade to date (5 visits) has been the room view...but there is the shorter check-in line!
Enjoy your 10 days at the Dolphin.
Just curious, is it only SPG Gold and Platinum that get the shorter check ins? I'm just a regular "preferred" member.

Just curious, is it only SPG Gold and Platinum that get the shorter check ins? I'm just a regular "preferred" member.

The line is for "Gold and Platinum", but unless you arrive at one of those really busy times, you won't have any issues getting checked in quickly using the other line, which generally has more CMs to assist!

The line is for "Gold and Platinum", but unless you arrive at one of those really busy times, you won't have any issues getting checked in quickly using the other line, which generally has more CMs to assist!
I agree, Laura. With all my past visits there, and gold for 15 or so years, I have never had a problem just going up to the check-in desk anywhere. Always quick check-in.

Dave, I'd check again. SPG is great about award nights - if there are rooms available to book with cash, you can book with points. I always call to book to get a points upgrade (just a balcony but it's something), but you shouldn't have too much trouble. There might be a few days each month that are booked up but not whole months.

Dave, I'd check again. SPG is great about award nights - if there are rooms available to book with cash, you can book with points. I always call to book to get a points upgrade (just a balcony but it's something), but you shouldn't have too much trouble. There might be a few days each month that are booked up but not whole months.

Perfect! Thanks.

Next year for Marathon week we're going all out at the Grand Floridian from the 2nd through the 9th Yea!! Maybe in the spring we can get some free flights and nights thanks to Delta and Marriott!

If we have an 8:00 am reservation at Epcot and the
Park doesn't open until 9:00 that day, will we still be able to take the boats from the hotel to Epcot? What time do they start running?

If we have an 8:00 am reservation at Epcot and the
Park doesn't open until 9:00 that day, will we still be able to take the boats from the hotel to Epcot? What time do they start running?
Walking will be faster, and far less stress than waiting for a boat, (the walk is pleasant, 10 minutes walking pretty leisurely.) If walking is not an option, check with desk to be sure if nobody can give a definitive answer here.

Walking will be faster, and far less stress than waiting for a boat, (the walk is pleasant, 10 minutes walking pretty leisurely.) If walking is not an option, check with desk to be sure if nobody can give a definitive answer here.
I do think the boats start at 8, maybe a little earlier. I do hear their horns while I get ready in the morning.

Here is a walking chart.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/walking-distances.htm

Thanks! If I walk, will I go in the Future World entrance or the countries? And if it's the World Showcase, will they let me in there since WS doesn't open until 11 (the rest of the park is 9 and my reservation is 8:15).
?

Thanks! If I walk, will I go in the Future World entrance or the countries? And if it's the World Showcase, will they let me in there since WS doesn't open until 11 (the rest of the park is 9 and my reservation is 8:15).
?
You will walk to International Gateway which will place you between France and the UK. If you have a reservation for early breakfast, they will have your name on a list there and let you go to where you need to go to. They will let you in, with a reservation.

Here is a look at a map. You can zoom in and out as well as move the map around.

https://goo.gl/maps/qHjUmhFTsyB2

You will walk to International Gateway which will place you between France and the UK. If you have a reservation for early breakfast, they will have your name on a list there and let you go to where you need to go to. They will let you in, with a reservation.

Here is a look at a map. You can zoom in and out as well as move the map around.

https://goo.gl/maps/qHjUmhFTsyB2

Awesome! Thank you so much for this!

MarBee -
You're going to see REALLY quick that The Swan is awesome. The walk to Epcot is going to put a huge smile on your face. I was worried about getting to am emh, and entrance hassles at the IG. Do not worry about anything. The walk to Epcot is fast and interesting - you walk over a bridge, then right across the Boardwalk, and before you even know it, you're at the International Gateway. The walk BACK is even better, because if you like ice cream, Ample Hills is AWESOME. You can be in your room, after Illuminations WITH ice cream before a lot of ppl are at their car or waiting in a bus queue. You are going to be closer to Epcot than you think. I was worried as well, but it really is a short walk. I called the front desk asking about the boats to Epcot for 8am emh, and the clerk snickered as if she had heard this same question a thousand times. As she laughed, she said, "no, you just WALK to Epcot." I think for am emh, we left the front door at 7:40 and got there a few minutes before they started letting everyone pass through. And that was AFTER we had to get our bearings straight to figure out which way to go, and kind of walking leisurely to look through the boardwalk windows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter