Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@Dan Murphy Hey, Dan. Hope you are enjoying your vacation. :)

Can you say how much of the lobby renovation is complete? Is the construction work (assuming it's still on) disruptive in any way? That is, anything noisy or unsightly?

Photos would be nice to see. ;) Wishing you and your family a magical trip. :)

Hi Patty

Having a great time, thanks. But it is hot. That sun can be brutal.

I called Picabu. The price is $16. And good only for pop/soda and iced tea, no coffee.

@Dan Murphy Hey, Dan. Hope you are enjoying your vacation. :)

Can you say how much of the lobby renovation is complete? Is the construction work (assuming it's still on) disruptive in any way? That is, anything noisy or unsightly?

Photos would be nice to see. ;) Wishing you and your family a magical trip. :)
Thanks Janice.

As we are at the Swan, the Dolphin really has no impact on us. But I did go up to the Dolphin lobby today. I heard nothing there. There is a few places where some temporary wall are up, but nothing really obtrusive. There will be a gigantic chandelier up where that balloony cloth thing used to be up on the ceiling. The cloth thing is gone but the new chandelier is not in place yet. I would expect that to be the last thing done.

Completion is said to be mid September.

I stayed at the Swan this summer and was toying with maybe staying on the Dolphin side in February. My two main deciding factors are 1) will the construction be done by then? (I assume it will be.) and 2) does the Dolphin have its own bus stop? This summer they shared with Swan but I wasn't sure if that was because of construction or because that's how it always is.
Any input is welcome:)

I stayed at the Swan this summer and was toying with maybe staying on the Dolphin side in February. My two main deciding factors are 1) will the construction be done by then? (I assume it will be.) and 2) does the Dolphin have its own bus stop? This summer they shared with Swan but I wasn't sure if that was because of construction or because that's how it always is.
The bus is shared with the Swan, with the first stop to the parks being at the Swan. I believe I can recall one time when the early morning bus to MK was completely full, not even having any standing room, so there was no stop at the Dolphin.

I'm not a construction fireman, but from all I have heard, it will be complete.

The Dolphin has its own stop. On the loop, first stop is the Swan, second stop is the Dolphin.

Hi Patty

Having a great time, thanks. But it is hot. That sun can be brutal.

I called Picabu. The price is $16. And good only for pop/soda and iced tea, no coffee.

Dan, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to bother with a phone call. I should have specified that if you stopped by there, would you ask about it.
Thank you for the info. I'm not a mug buyer, but I may be traveling with my two twenty-something nieces who drink a lot of soda.

I'll bet it's hot. Take it slow...with lots of pool time.

Parking fees - I read in the intro (written in 2014) they are up to $20 self-park and $30 valet. Per day. Is that still true or is it even higher now?

That's a pretty significant addition to the room rate. We last stayed in 2011 - don't recall what it was back then.

EDIT: A search of the thread shows a post by Dan this year saying its the same. But there is also a 6.5% tax added to it? Wow - $32 for valet, plus I assume a tip is customary each time.

Last edited:
Parking fees - I read in the intro (written in 2014) they are up to $20 self-park and $30 valet. Per day. Is that still true or is it even higher now?

That's a pretty significant addition to the room rate. We last stayed in 2011 - don't recall what it was back then.

EDIT: A search of the thread shows a post by Dan this year saying its the same. But there is also a 6.5% tax added to it? Wow - $32 for valet, plus I assume a tip is customary each time.
http://swandolphin.com/welcome/checkin/parking.html

A tip is appropriate

Here are 2 links to 16 pictures (2 collages) from around the Dolphin lobby. Confirmed all guest rooms and the Dolphin lobby will be complete by mid September. There are about 700 Dolphin rooms out of use right now, getting completed. If you book a room now or are coming here before mid September, you will be in a renovated room.

The collages are able to be enlarged on a phone or tablet to see better.

https://goo.gl/photos/1Chtxpy33VgEBSVD7

https://goo.gl/photos/qtfZ1LeiT4gRocoX9

Staying at the Dolphin for the first time this coming Labor Day weekend! All DVC points rooms were full so this was the best value we could find on Disney property. I love staying in the Boardwalk area but I've never stayed at a non-Disney resort so this will be an interesting experience! Any advice for a Dolphin newbie?

Here are 2 links to 16 pictures (2 collages) from around the Dolphin lobby. Confirmed all guest rooms and the Dolphin lobby will be complete by mid September. There are about 700 Dolphin rooms out of use right now, getting completed. If you book a room now or are coming here before mid September, you will be in a renovated room.

The collages are able to be enlarged on a phone or tablet to see better.

https://goo.gl/photos/1Chtxpy33VgEBSVD7

https://goo.gl/photos/qtfZ1LeiT4gRocoX9

Thanks for the links! Looked up the authorization fee, and if you don't have it prepaid before your stay they hold a huge amount! Crazy!

Do the buses that serve swan and dolphin go to any other resorts? Curious what the rotation is. We will be at the dolphin.

It was 8,750 extra points for 6 nights - not sure what the nightly rate was because they didn't clarify if the 5th night free also applied to the upgrade. DH travels a boatload lately, so we've got a stockpile of points.

And thanks for pointing me to where to make the request. Way back in the threads I found that you can make the request through the swandolphin website Concierge then confirming by calling. Super excited!

Edited: We are going the first week of March, which seems to be considered "high" season for points usage. So that might have affected the cost of the upgrade.
Which page # did you find this info? I looked at my reservation on the app and on the website. I couldn't find a place to upgrade my room.

Last edited:
Which page # dod you find this info? I looked at my reservation on the app and on the website. I couldn't find a place to upgrade my room.

Hi Azzy! I upgraded my room from traditional to balcony deluxe by calling SPG - you can't do it online. I still haven't put in my room location request, but understand you use the link to e-mail the Concierge then call the front desk at the Swan/Dolphin (whichever you are staying at) to reiterate your room location request. Then you kindly ask again at check-in. I hope that helps - I'm a newbie to all this so just going off what I've read and advice from the kind folks here.

Edited to add the link to the concierge services where you can request a room location: http://www.swandolphin.com/concierge/index.html

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter