Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

There are so many little things that add up to an upscale feel at the resort. The towels are thicker and bigger than the ones Disney has in its resorts, even the pool towels. The Heavenly beds include high quality linens, pillows and duvets--they are not just a fantastic mattress. The complimentary coffee is Starbucks pods.

@AtlantaDisneyDreamer The walk from the Dolphin to the Swan bus is short, maybe 3 minutes, and much of it is air-conditioned.

I have stayed at POR and I swear--the buses are about 900 times better at the Swan/Dolphin.

We loved POR except for the buses. It was like bus roulette coming back from the parks at night. I never knew where our bus would enter the resort and which of the 4 stops it was headed to first.

ETA: No times board at the Swan bus stop. We did use the Yacht Club and Boardwalk buses coming back from AK and MK. The Swan and Dolphin are a 5 minute walk from either resort.

Last edited:
There are so many little things that add up to an upscale feel at the resort. The towels are thicker and bigger than the ones Disney has in its resorts, even the pool towels. The Heavenly beds include high quality linens, pillows and duvets--they are not just a fantastic mattress. The complimentary coffee is Starbucks pods.
I have to say, I am a poor sleeper no matter where I sleep. But those heavenly beds are awesome, I actually slept very well there (all the walking could be contributing, but still...)

Here's my two cents, though I've only stayed at Pop before this, and only one time (but we usually stick to budget hotels for vacations).

We did half our stay at the Dolphin and half at BLT renting points. We liked BLT/CR and walking to MK, and our balcony/theme park view... But we loved the Dolphin. We were upgraded to an Epcot fireworks view room because it was our wedding/honeymoon trip (which was very nice because we stayed on points). We loved the view of Epcot and the Boardwalk and slept with the curtains open every night so it was the last and first thing we saw each day. We got to see them running the lights on the World Showcase pavilions after park close too, and watched Illuminations fireworks a few times. We had a room on the corner and out our other windows we could see DHS fireworks. I also thought the bed/pillows were way better than the ones at BLT. It was also nice to have the bigger room (king bed with couch at the Dolphin, vs studio with closed off kitchenette at BLT) for the wedding day when I had two friends in the room, a hair/makeup artist, two photographers, and a videographer... haha.

We're planning our next stay there already :)

We are staying at the Dolphin in November. My son will be 22 months and we requested a pack and play. The Dolphin said they have portable cribs instead of a pack and play. I am debating if I should bring my own pack and play. Has anyone ever used their portable crib? Thinking it would be too big and take up a lot space or maybe too small and my son might try and climb out.

The first time I stayed at the Dolphin, I got a traditional room at the last minute for $130. It must have been the worst room in the hotel, but it was so cheap that I didn't care. I was on the bottom floor, which was very confusing. People would get on the elevator after me and not understand that I was going down instead of up. Even though I was on the same floor as the Fountain, Bluezoo, etc, there was no direct way to get there. I had to go up to the lobby and then down to the restaurants, or walk outside. My room was at the very end of the hotel. It had a weird window that was rounded on top, and it looked out onto a sidewalk where I saw some people taking smoke breaks.. I kept my curtains closed the whole time I was there. The room was oddly sized, and the bathroom door wouldn't even open all the way. Unfortunately the only exit near me was the fire door, so to exit outside I had to go back by the elevators.. if it had been near my room, it would have been easy to walk to the Yacht Club from there. I liked the hotel so much the bad room didn't put me off.. I knew that I'd literally gotten the bargain basement. :) I don't know if all traditional rooms are the same way.

:)

Too funny. We got a crappy room like that, on the 2nd floor, so only elevator access up or down. Since I need stairs available to me psychologically, I went up and asked what they could do. They told me stairs are only accessible on floors 3 and 4 and switched my room to floor 3. It couldn't have been more convenient. Came right out of the hall and was in the lobby, then just took escalators down to door/food, etc., They were very accommodating service wise in switching me, and that was after I fretted unhappy for about an hour. I just couldn't stay a whole week with my only out an elevator.

We are staying at the Dolphin in November. My son will be 22 months and we requested a pack and play. The Dolphin said they have portable cribs instead of a pack and play. I am debating if I should bring my own pack and play. Has anyone ever used their portable crib? Thinking it would be too big and take up a lot space or maybe too small and my son might try and climb out.

I was there with two young families and a bunch of babies last month. One family got cribs from the hotel, and the other brought a pack & play.

I wouldn't say that the pack & pack took up any more or less space than one of the cribs. Personally, I would prefer using my own pack & play, but only if I were confident that my baby wouldn't climb in it and hurt himself.

I was there with two young families and a bunch of babies last month. One family got cribs from the hotel, and the other brought a pack & play.

I wouldn't say that the pack & pack took up any more or less space than one of the cribs. Personally, I would prefer using my own pack & play, but only if I were confident that my baby wouldn't climb in it and hurt himself.

Thanks for the help. He hasn't tried to climb out of his crib or pack and play yet (knock on wood). I was just afraid if the potable sides were lower than he is used to he might think about it since he getting to be around that age.

Thanks for the help. He hasn't tried to climb out of his crib or pack and play yet (knock on wood). I was just afraid if the potable sides were lower than he is used to he might think about it since he getting to be around that age.

Here is a pic of the crib. as you can see it has high sides and fits my daughter and my 38 yr old sister! HAHA! the things you will do for your niece. We had an alcove room during this stay but we have stayed in reg rooms too and since you can move the desk around you should be ok on space.

Ny4jTabDlveV_9HITqjVFBzQYfgqXsn7Fr-H8KFKMbVAogFGSmylBloGnODuwoXURBwsq2Kic6z9ZWoRg5y3u9xDZjF5yLjzv22r_BiJJn2JmNxbcGHQMolXD-SsqDdEfUlbZzS9fPhYzneNgS9J1QXFL6Xu55fzF6idvVuJDNMI6udimgjf8-idtxdUPdBcMxoJvwjfy7Gsy7jXMT-5xlepZDvJXHL2KXuDrVW9rurMoFB8NwHfzR8P38UZtdwg_oyOXSC94LTilLLOqr7dVpPlr4fttJuEeeQ4FoPbBhkO_a0b5JKvJ8S_OY52kRdt0cuBUx4719dErhOojKXz1jRZMyfwmQYIY0rMWGytGx-XjEhSMVul8-FRiYmTnCOmMA0ruR-csxlQkTCcf3Sx_uWLfR0_isZ7U3zPnjOjGwplW7tJMA4TZvVAxKcHjvKYQpzBhsJVk5OkoZiKTXm_c2HeMhNWmaKwp3Z3AjiJ2NZBFCErTvrUro78pzlIzPteJo2fvNfzI5PiBx4FcB5ZOKd8JM79_fq5P8gniSO7iLwTLT-KYgLFSxROMxJMAkHOm0lIp84zzo-bvZASfUVFkO9kGOwoXM5iGd8fjecrGA=w713-h949-no

Any other food questions at S/D? I'm sending off an email to AJ at the Disney Food Blog in a bit with several earlier food questions. She is going to S/D soon and asked if anyone here has food questions for her.

Any other food questions at S/D? I'm sending off an email to AJ at the Disney Food Blog in a bit with several earlier food questions. She is going to S/D soon and asked if anyone here has food questions for her.
Yes! is it acceptable to go to Bluezoo for dinner (not the lounge) and just order sides and/or apps and dessert? no mains? I see the lounge menu has different items than the regular menu....

I apologize in advance if this has been posted already (I've been skimming) . . . I have an Amex offer on several Amex cards (including my SPG Amex) - $60 back when spend $300 at Starwood properties. I'm hoping to use it when we go in December.

Yes! is it acceptable to go to Bluezoo for dinner (not the lounge) and just order sides and/or apps and dessert? no mains? I see the lounge menu has different items than the regular menu....

This is just my opinion - but I think you should be able to order whatever you want. We often order apps instead of mains when we dine out. Have fun!

I will forward on to AJ.

I apologize in advance if this has been posted already (I've been skimming) . . . I have an Amex offer on several Amex cards (including my SPG Amex) - $60 back when spend $300 at Starwood properties. I'm hoping to use it when we go in December.
Sounds good to me!!! :thumbsup2

Here is an initial email reply from AJ at the Disney Food Blog regarding the several food questions presented for her.

Hey Dan! Got 'em!

I'll check with my Orlando-based reporter and see if she can answer any of the fuel questions right now. As for going to bluezoo and ordering just sides/apps/desserts, absolutely! You can do that in any restaurant, basically. I don't know of any stated notifications saying you couldn't. Will check on the ordering from any restaurant for room service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter