Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

we had a room overlooking some ugly roofs nd trucks once at dolphin..... meh,it was just for 2 nights last minute b/c we got stuck with snowstorm at home....turned out we could see the MK fireworks at night from this room! so it all worked out...that said, I always ask about a view of the Swan from the Dolphin,and usually get my request.

Flying out at the crack of dawn tomorrow for three days at the Swan. Very excited!
That's great, Patty. Enjoy!

We are taking a semi-last minute long weekend trip and to be more budget friendly, ended up at a DS hotel. But we just added a day and couldn't get that hotel stay extended, and when looking at other options I found a great rate for the Dolphin for our first night! I'm so excited, even if it's just one night!
Can't argue with that, have a great trip!

I slept from 9-11 pm last night, and a crazy rain/wind storm woke me up. Knowing I had to get up at 3 am for a 5 am flight...that was the end of my sleep. Used Lyft from MCO and arrived at the Swan around 9:30 am. I had booked an incredibly cheap Priceline Express Deal at $405 for three nights with everything included, so expected a standard view and a 3pm room availability. The Swan/Dolphin gods were smiling on me today. I was given a room with immediate availability, and it has a balcony! Room 5001 in the west wing. Awesome king room. I was so happy that I bought the check-in agent a muffin.

This is a very good write-up:

8 Amazing Things About Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts

http://www.disneydining.com/8-amazi...ce=Facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dt
Thanks shoreward, good writeup.

I slept from 9-11 pm last night, and a crazy rain/wind storm woke me up. Knowing I had to get up at 3 am for a 5 am flight...that was the end of my sleep. Used Lyft from MCO and arrived at the Swan around 9:30 am. I had booked an incredibly cheap Priceline Express Deal at $405 for three nights with everything included, so expected a standard view and a 3pm room availability. The Swan/Dolphin gods were smiling on me today. I was given a room with immediate availability, and it has a balcony! Room 5001 in the west wing. Awesome king room. I was so happy that I bought the check-in agent a muffin.
:thumbsup2 You are off to a great start, Patty!!!!

Is there any advantage to having a Magic Band when staying at the Swan/Dolphin? I know you can't use it to charge to the room or unlock room doors. Is it any more convenient to wear a MB in the parks than pull out the card tix for FP+ and park admission? We are planning on getting Memory Maker if that makes any difference. Just wondering if it's worth it to pick some up for the three of us or to just stick with the ticket cards we got from Undercover Tourist. What do you Swan/Dolphin regulars do?

Is there any advantage to having a Magic Band when staying at the Swan/Dolphin? I know you can't use it to charge to the room or unlock room doors. Is it any more convenient to wear a MB in the parks than pull out the card tix for FP+ and park admission? We are planning on getting Memory Maker if that makes any difference. Just wondering if it's worth it to pick some up for the three of us or to just stick with the ticket cards we got from Undercover Tourist. What do you Swan/Dolphin regulars do?
We have used Magic Bands. It's mostly for convenience in the parks. Makes entry, FP and Memory Maker much easier. Also, if you have MM, the ride photos and videos will automatically be linked to your account.

We have used Magic Bands. It's mostly for convenience in the parks. Makes entry, FP and Memory Maker much easier. Also, if you have MM, the ride photos and videos will automatically be linked to your account.

Thanks, Dan. I'm leaning toward "splurging" on buying MagicBands out of pocket since we are already saving so much by using points and there's just three of us to buy the bands for. Convenience seems to make it worthwhile, especially with MM and considering we hope to walk over to Epcot and DHS in the evenings with our Parkhoppers. Our tix arrived today, and our FP+ day is Jan. 2 - our trip is getting so close. I've not been hearing much about folks here on the DisBoards going the first week of March, so I'm hoping the crowds are manageable. Can't wait!

It probably is a little easier to have a MB in the park. It isn't necessary but does save you from digging around for your ticket.

I'm leaning toward "splurging" on buying MagicBands out of pocket since we are already saving so much by using points and there's just three of us to buy the bands for. Convenience seems to make it worthwhile
Same logic that I used, they are not that much to start with and I really didn't want to dig in my pockets for a card.

This is a very good write-up:

8 Amazing Things About Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts

http://www.disneydining.com/8-amazi...ce=Facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dt
Great article thanks! A few question I have now since reading it--
Where is there more information about the dining package for kids while staying at the hotel? I couldn't find it on the hotel website. Also, the last time I stayed at the swan we got a USA Today daily. Is this still the complementary paper? Thank you!

Where is there more information about the dining package for kids while staying at the hotel? I couldn't find it on the hotel website. Also, the last time I stayed at the swan we got a USA Today daily. Is this still the complementary paper? Thank you!
Info on the kids' dining pass:
When kids are happy, parents are happy. That’s why we now offer the SPG® Kids Pass. For a flat daily rate of $25, children (ages 12 and younger) of Starwood Preferred Guest® members can enjoy all-inclusive access to a variety of dining options, including children’s menus, buffets (where available) and beverages at Cabana Bar & Beach Club, The Fountain, Picabu buffet, and Fresh Mediterranean Market.

To take advantage of SPG Kids Pass, sign up when you check in or anytime during your stay. For full details, visit www.spg.com/kidspass.

I've seen both USA Today and Wall Street Journal at the Swan.

I wear a lanyard with a plastic pouch that holds both my room key and park ticket. I hate wearing a watch or anything tight around my wrist so I wouldn’t like wearing a Magic Band. Home Depot sells pouches for like a dollar that have a zip-top for security.

I clicked through to the SPG page about Kids Pass. The Swan/Dolphin are not on the list of participating resorts. Only the Sheraton Vistana in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter