Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm not sure but I'm certainly going to be upset if they're not connecting. They were sold to us as "one room" - a deluxe alcove with connecting room. It's one nightly rate for both rooms. Paying cash so can't help you on the question of points, unfortunately.
Thanks for the reply. So you are paying only one resort fee per night?

Thanks for the reply. So you are paying only one resort fee per night?
Yes, that is my understanding based on my conversation with the agent on the phone. The email confirmation is somewhat contradictory so I'm not totally certain, though if we are charged two resort fees I will ask at the desk that what the phone agent promised be honored. I called and asked for rates for suites and that's how we booked this set up, and other posters have confirmed that suites incurred only one resort fee. We are traveling in early April so I can report back after then, if that would help!

We have taken an Executive Suite a few times now and been charged only resort fee for it. The Executive Suite includes a parlor room adjoined with two regular resort rooms.

I *think* that if you have a single confirmation number for a suite, it’s seen as a single room and therefore, one resort fee.

So you are saying that if a King Alcove is booked connecting to a standard guest room there is only one daily fee? Why is this? We have two standard rooms, connecting, and have to pay two daily fees. What is the difference?

Yep you only pay one service fee for both rooms...have no idea why...?

If booking with points...you book a standard room at spg...so Dolphin for 6 nights is 50,000.

You must pay (cant use points) the $256 per night which includes tax and service fee.
Course timing and availability is very important - best if you are booking several months in advance

Check with Swolphin first for availability of the suite
Then book a base room with SPG using your points
Call Swolphin and give them the confirmation #
They will make the room suite "overwrite"
You will be charged the $256 at booking

If booking with points...you book a standard room at spg...so Dolphin for 6 nights is 50,000.

You must pay (cant use points) the $256 per night which includes tax and service fee.
Course timing and availability is very important - best if you are booking several months in advance

Check with Swolphin first for availability of the suite
Then book a base room with SPG using your points
Call Swolphin and give them the confirmation #
They will make the room suite "overwrite"
You will be charged the $256 at booking
Ah, I see. We currently have two rooms booked on points. While the king alcove sounds like the nicer option, no need to pay cash for 5 nights. Thanks!

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a locker room at the S/D pool that we could use to shower and dress before heading to the airport on departure day? I think check out is 11am (?) and we might take an afternoon flight home, we won't have any days left on our tickets so would hang at the pool but need a place to clean up. If there is a locker room does anyone know if there are hairdryers there? Thanks. :wave2:

Yes, both resorts have a health club with locker room.

http://swandolphin.mobimanage.com/ListingDetails.aspx?id=26056

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a locker room at the S/D pool that we could use to shower and dress before heading to the airport on departure day? I think check out is 11am (?) and we might take an afternoon flight home, we won't have any days left on our tickets so would hang at the pool but need a place to clean up. If there is a locker room does anyone know if there are hairdryers there? Thanks. :wave2:

I know Swan/Dolphin has an events calendar for the resort that they give you upon checkin. Is there somewhere to find this online? Thanks!

Every 5 Years since our honeymoon, we have gone to Disney for a big platinum plan trip. This year, that is not possible...1, no platinum plan. 2, I got a huge discount on a non Disney cruise because I won a slot tournament last year with a free seat at a 100,000 tournament in May on a cruise out of port Canaveral. Even without this trip, finances being what they are, would have meant either a really scaled back Disney trip, or none at all.

Then we remembered, we would be already down there, and using points to stay at the Dolphin, we are extending our cruise vacation by one night to see the new stuff in AK. We have booked the night time AK tour for Avatar etc.

I was originally upset that we could not get down to Disney this year, and now so happy, even if for 2 days, I will get some Disney Magic. Maybe I will get some luck and win the big slot tournament...lol!

We are so greatful the Swan and Dolphin exist on property, take points, and are making it possible for a short, but memorable stay! I have always stayed on property since my first trip when I was 6. We stayed at the swan when I was a teen, and it was wonderful!

We are saving up money and plan on returning returning for a big trip in 2021. Magic Kingdom’s 50th anniversary, and all the new stuff should be open.

Every 5 Years since our honeymoon, we have gone to Disney for a big platinum plan trip. This year, that is not possible...1, no platinum plan. 2, I got a huge discount on a non Disney cruise because I won a slot tournament last year with a free seat at a 100,000 tournament in May on a cruise out of port Canaveral. Even without this trip, finances being what they are, would have meant either a really scaled back Disney trip, or none at all.

Then we remembered, we would be already down there, and using points to stay at the Dolphin, we are extending our cruise vacation by one night to see the new stuff in AK. We have booked the night time AK tour for Avatar etc.

I was originally upset that we could not get down to Disney this year, and now so happy, even if for 2 days, I will get some Disney Magic. Maybe I will get some luck and win the big slot tournament...lol!

We are so greatful the Swan and Dolphin exist on property, take points, and are making it possible for a short, but memorable stay! I have always stayed on property since my first trip when I was 6. We stayed at the swan when I was a teen, and it was wonderful!

We are saving up money and plan on returning returning for a big trip in 2021. Magic Kingdom’s 50th anniversary, and all the new stuff should be open.
Sounds like a great plan to me. Enjoy!!

I'm curious about the Happy Hour punches at Phins. Has anyone been there for the 4-5 pm happy hour and tried the various punches on different days? What flavors have they offered? Worth giving them a try?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts