Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I"m still bitter that there are no rooms available to book on points for our December 2020 trip. I want to call to inquire as to why this is.....should I call Marriott or S/D In House Reservations??

I just noticed that Garden Grove is no longer open for dinner after 1/16. Did I miss an announcement? I was hoping to do their special Easter dinner again this year.

Related ... what is the dress code for Il Mulino? We're doing MK all day so I don't think anyone will want to spend hours getting dressed up for dinner.

Last edited:
I"m still bitter that there are no rooms available to book on points for our December 2020 trip. I want to call to inquire as to why this is.....should I call Marriott or S/D In House Reservations??
I'd call S/D direct. Unfortunately this is a shift from how SPG use to run things. The new Marriott Bonvoy system is based on demand, so they only allocate so many rooms for Bonvoy points, if the hotel is at a certain percentage it gets closed off. At least that's my elementary understanding. This change has upset many Bonvoy members as its a universal change

I'd call S/D direct. Unfortunately this is a shift from how SPG use to run things. The new Marriott Bonvoy system is based on demand, so they only allocate so many rooms for Bonvoy points, if the hotel is at a certain percentage it gets closed off. At least that's my elementary understanding. This change has upset many Bonvoy members as its a universal change
I wound up calling and in-house reservations said Dolphin is completely sold out for regular rooms. This is about a year away......how can the only rooms available be Alcoves and Premium Suites??? She also told me she saw no events that would create such a sell out. Hm..............

Thanks for the update @JJ2017 bummer its so sold out, assume Swan was booked too. Maybe this is the impact S/D is seeing with the price hikes at the Disney deluxe hotels. I know we couldn't find a good deal at S/D for our Feb trip in a month. I really miss the old Cash & Points deals we use to get.

Thanks for the update @JJ2017 bummer its so sold out, assume Swan was booked too. Maybe this is the impact S/D is seeing with the price hikes at the Disney deluxe hotels. I know we couldn't find a good deal at S/D for our Feb trip in a month. I really miss the old Cash & Points deals we use to get.
Swan also doesn’t have point booking available but does have standard rooms at least. But, we love the convenience of using hubby’s Marriott vouchers at fresh to get to go breakfasts. I was told Garden Grove accepts the vouchers but doesn’t pack up to go like Fresh. First world problems but it was awesome! Swan doesn’t also have the room connections we like (king alcove connected to a standard double).

The dinner closure at Garden Grove is on the restaurant's page on the S/D website ...

Hours of Operation - Restaurant
Breakfast: 6:30 am - 11:30 am
Lunch: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Dinner: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm ( until Jan 16, 2020)

It also says it's increasing the number of character breakfasts ...

Characters 7 days a week for Breakfast in the following dates in 2020.
  • 2/29/20 through 4/12/20
  • 6/1/20 through 8/31/20
  • 11/21/20 through 1/3/21
Outside of the dates listed above we will have characters only on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Hello everyone. I've booked a room called the family suite in the dolphin which has 2 double beds and a sofa bed. Anyone know anything about the view from these rooms? Do they have balconies? Is the sofa bed comfortable? Thank you!
Anyone?

Too late now, but we burned our points at S/D before the merger closed / devaluation, with the understanding that nothing good would come from the merger.

Too late now, but we burned our points at S/D before the merger closed / devaluation, with the understanding that nothing good would come from the merger.

Have to agree with you. Without a doubt, getting the Starwood card was one of my best travel decisions and it paid off for over a decade. But let's face it, previously booking the S&D with Starwood points was an absolute boondoggle, and things are moving back to normal. I still earn a bunch of Marriott points and I'm still pretty happy with the experience.

I had the choice of getting 2 separate rooms on points or paying cash for the parlor portion of an executive suite at the Swan. I paid cash and I'll save my points for a Marriott property where the point value is better.

Have to agree with you. Without a doubt, getting the Starwood card was one of my best travel decisions and it paid off for over a decade. But let's face it, previously booking the S&D with Starwood points was an absolute boondoggle, and things are moving back to normal. I still earn a bunch of Marriott points and I'm still pretty happy with the experience.

I had the choice of getting 2 separate rooms on points or paying cash for the parlor portion of an executive suite at the Swan. I paid cash and I'll save my points for a Marriott property where the point value is better.
It’s really so sad that the points are so high. I wound up booking two nights at the swan on points and upgrading to an alcove with cash. I still prefer the Dolphin and will continue to stalk the site for availability. Idk if I will keep it, but we will see. I almost pulled the trigger on the executive parlor upgrade but it just isn’t necessary for this shorter trip.

Would there be a charge if I have baby formula shipped to the dolphin( it doesn't have to be refrigerated ) ?

Would there be a charge if I have baby formula shipped to the dolphin( it doesn't have to be refrigerated ) ?

Depends on how you have it shipped. If you are meeting the delivery person, e.g., a delivery company/personal shopping company in FL and you accept the delivery in person from them, then no. If you ship through, e.g., USPS, UPS, Fedex, it will be delivered to the conference center central shipping and you will pay a fee based upon weight. The key is to get a delivery that you are able to meet and accept without S/D personnel involved.

Depends on how you have it shipped. If you are meeting the delivery person, e.g., a delivery company/personal shopping company in FL and you accept the delivery in person from them, then no. If you ship through, e.g., USPS, UPS, Fedex, it will be delivered to the conference center central shipping and you will pay a fee based upon weight. The key is to get a delivery that you are able to meet and accept without S/D personnel involved.
Great, thanks for the reply!

Swan King Alcove question:

We are only familiar with Alcove Rooms at Dolphin. From the one picture I saw of Swan's, it looks as if the sofa is "separated" from the main area in a little "alcove" area. Are ALL King Alcove's set up like that? If so, could we fit a rollaway in that area?

Anyone know the official opening for Cove and if they are already accepting reservations?

Also how will transportation to parks work? They are quite far away from the Ferries to use Swan/Dolphins dock

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter