Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Okay back with more questions. Once i pay for my Disney package in total...what will I be billed at the hotel? Just the $30 resort fee? Any other taxes? What would a 7 night stay look like OOP? Or is the resort fee going to be added to my Disney TA balance?

Hotels have tax (12.5% I think). I don't know if your travel agent will include those things. You might want to ask them.

There's also a nightly parking fee if you're driving or renting a car for the week.

Swan King Alcove question:

We are only familiar with Alcove Rooms at Dolphin. From the one picture I saw of Swan's, it looks as if the sofa is "separated" from the main area in a little "alcove" area. Are ALL King Alcove's set up like that? If so, could we fit a rollaway in that area?
The two king alcoves (with balcony) we’ve been in looked identical to the pictures. In front of the sofa was a table and then a space, with a tv on the wall opposite the sofa. We parked an ecv in that space with plenty of extra room so I assume a rollaway would fit fine even though you’d probably have to move the table. Are you needing a rollaway in addition to the sofa bed? I understand the sofa beds to be comfortable and we’re going to find out for ourselves in two months 😉

The two king alcoves (with balcony) we’ve been in looked identical to the pictures. In front of the sofa was a table and then a space, with a tv on the wall opposite the sofa. We parked an ecv in that space with plenty of extra room so I assume a rollaway would fit fine even though you’d probably have to move the table. Are you needing a rollaway in addition to the sofa bed? I understand the sofa beds to be comfortable and we’re going to find out for ourselves in two months 😉
Our kids don’t do well sharing a bed. So even at $25/night die the rollaway, it will be worth it.

Reactions: CJN

Does the Dolphin have the hand held shower attachments?

Yes............

https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/standard.html

DOLPHIN GUEST ROOMS
In the sleek updated bathroom, a contemporary bathtub or a glass-enclosed shower is adjacent to a backlit mirror mounted on a backsplash of iridescent glass tiles. The Heavenly® Bath, with an exclusive overhead rain experience and the handheld Heavenly® Shower, enhances morning rituals and offers a welcome respite after a long day.

Yes............

https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/standard.html

DOLPHIN GUEST ROOMS
In the sleek updated bathroom, a contemporary bathtub or a glass-enclosed shower is adjacent to a backlit mirror mounted on a backsplash of iridescent glass tiles. The Heavenly® Bath, with an exclusive overhead rain experience and the handheld Heavenly® Shower, enhances morning rituals and offers a welcome respite after a long day.
Thank you so much !

I currently have a swan package booked through Disney and I’ll admit it’s kinda killing me. They can’t offer me the upgrade if a balcony which we desperately want. Our 6 year old loves it and it’s our escape in the morning and night when our son goes goes to sleep. I hate relying on requests. We stayed at the dolphin last April with 2 double and balcony facing Hollywood studios which was amazing! We paid the upcharge but it wasn’t bad.. now the rates are kinda crazy. You all seem to have tons of experience with the s/d, what are the chances of me getting my balcony request at the swan. The dolphin is a bit less money but my nieces are dancing at Disney that week and staying at the swan, I know our son would love to be with them. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated:)

Staying at the Dolphin for the first time next week! We will be transferring over from GDT and spending the morning at Epcot.

Are the rooms usually ready before checkin time? I am hoping to be able to take an afternoon break before going back to Epcot for the night.

Is there a direct number I could call to see if the room is ready? It is our only Epcot day, don’t want to leave any earlier than I have to.

Staying at the Dolphin for the first time next week! We will be transferring over from GDT and spending the morning at Epcot.

Are the rooms usually ready before checkin time? I am hoping to be able to take an afternoon break before going back to Epcot for the night.

Is there a direct number I could call to see if the room is ready? It is our only Epcot day, don’t want to leave any earlier than I have to.
They’ll text you when it’s ready. I’d leave my stuff with bell services, head to Epcot, and come back to rest poolside in the afternoon if it’s not yet ready. Or you could schedule a spa treatment at Mandara spa.

They’ll text you when it’s ready. I’d leave my stuff with bell services, head to Epcot, and come back to rest poolside in the afternoon if it’s not yet ready.

Will they text even if I booked with hotels.com?

I got the Marriott app hoping to set up a text alert but my reservation couldn’t be linked. I am linked in MDE though.

They should take a number when you check in so they can text you. You could rent a cabana for the afternoon if your room isn't ready. (ours is never ready early, one of the perks I'm looking forward to with Ambassador status this year)

Now that I say that though, I'm not sure how much cabana rentals are these days. I heard they've gone up in price.

I have heard this before but I don't think that is true. See this video. They are "Italian" dolphins.

So is this true?? We took the friendship boats for the first time on our last trip. They said it's called Dolphin because the "dolphins" are really Dolphin Fish - otherwise known as Mahi Mahi. True?
The statues on top of the Dolphin hotel are not mammalian dolphins, but a stylized version of a nautical dolphin, a common symbol used on old world nautical maps. The design of the creatures is based on Triton Fountain in Rome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_World_Dolphin

Excited for our first Dolphin stay next week! Wish we were staying longer than just the one night, but the location is just perfect for our plans.

How does one make a room request... through Marriott or through Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter