Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We asked for a refund on our AP for that reason. We will probably still go at the end of August because it was for a college visit, but imagine we'll skip the parks that trip. After that, I don't think the next one is until April.

The silver lining with the sports teams using the hotels is that the staff will be used to the new protocols and running on all cylinders by the time we go. I wouldn't want to be one of the first guests after the shutdown.

Yeah I lost one in March, May, and now perhaps July. The inability to resort hop for food and beverage seems silly to me. If you pass a temp check to get in (same to get in the parks) then what's the big deal? After July I have October and November but we shall see. If I can't go and use my AP it really doesn't make sense for me to keep it.
I do wonder if the reason for not letting non overnight guest into resorts has to do with capacity restrictions and keeping people spread out.

The inability to resort hop for food and beverage seems silly to me.
I've not been following the current "new" rules so I didn't know they were not allowing resort hoping.
I do wonder if the reason for not letting non overnight guest into resorts has to do with capacity restrictions and keeping people spread out.
I'm sure if it's the NBA & MLS they want to avoid outside contact with those not related to their sport. Actually using S&D for this makes a lot of sense. I can't see these "stars" sleeping at the All-Star resorts, but I can see it at S&D.

We have the Dolphin booked in September through Priceline (prepaid). The hotel said that prepaid reservations can be cancelled for a refund up until June 30th, so we have a big decision to make in the next couple weeks. We're Canadian, so we have border issues as well as health insurance to consider. I wish the parks were open before we have to decide, but here we are. I'm leaning towards cancelling at this point. Dh said he'll want to spend very little time in the parks if masks are mandatory still due to summer heat. There's also the rumor that the Eat to the Beat concerts are cancelled, which is another disappointment. Not really sure why I'm posting, but, figured S/D fans would empathize!

I'm not sorry I abandoned my idea to spend a few days in the WDW area in late July! The locals are welcome to test the reopening waters first.

No. You can eat anywhere you have an ADR or anywhere at your home resort assuming you can get in.
But, you can't make ADR's. I saw that too, that you can go to another resort with an ADR, but you can only make them for a very select few places right now. :/ Hopefully that changes as the parks reopen.

But, you can't make ADR's. I saw that too, that you can go to another resort with an ADR, but you can only make them for a very select few places right now. :/ Hopefully that changes as the parks reopen.
Right. Sounds like they will be opening up more ADRs and locations soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if the S&D is toward the back of this list to get Park access for their guests. Perhaps this was one of the deciding factors in the S&D opening later...

I have a Swan reservation the first week of August and I still got that email last month about about having first access to the park reservation system since we have tickets linked in MDE. I think they're really going by park admission and not so much the resort part as far as who gets first priority into the parks. The resort opening date must have been because MLS blocked a gazillion rooms for the month of July :-/ I'm excited to see how everything pans out in the next 30 days leading up to the first parks opening. It's going to be nice having real answers from Disney instead of just throwing around our hopes and dreams from the rumors we hear. lol

My dates are July 28-Aug 5
Just got this email:

We hope you are safe and well. Our records indicate you have an upcoming reservation at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. We are reaching you to provide some key updates on the Walt Disney World Resort theme park so you may determine if you still plan to visit.

We feel it is important to inform you that when the Walt Disney World theme parks reopen in mid-July, it will be at reduced capacities. At this point, we do not know what restrictions and capacity limitations will be put in place. New ticket sales are temporarily paused. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. You can find the latest updates on the theme parks here.

As for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, we will be offering limited services initially, which will impact various amenities and restaurants typically available to guests.

We understand these changes may vary from your initial expectation when you made your reservation with us, therefore we are asking for you to re-confirm your intention to stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin by calling us at 800-227-1500 or e-mailing at reservations@swandolphin.com by Monday June 15th.

If we do not hear from you by 5pm Monday, June 15th, we will refund and cancel your reservation.

Last edited:
Just got this email:

We hope you are safe and well. Our records indicate you have an upcoming reservation at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. We are reaching you to provide some key updates on the Walt Disney World Resort theme park so you may determine if you still plan to visit.

We feel it is important to inform you that when the Walt Disney World theme parks reopen in mid-July, it will be at reduced capacities. At this point, we do not know what restrictions and capacity limitations will be put in place. New ticket sales are temporarily paused. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. You can find the latest updates on the theme parks here.

As for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, we will be offering limited services initially, which will impact various amenities and restaurants typically available to guests.

We understand these changes may vary from your initial expectation when you made your reservation with us, therefore we are asking for you to re-confirm your intention to stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin by calling us at 800-227-1500 or e-mailing at reservations@swandolphin.com by Monday June 15th.

If we do not hear from you by 5pm Monday, June 15th, we will refund and cancel your reservation.

Oooo interesting. What dates are you staying? I haven’t gotten that email yet

Oooo interesting. What dates are you staying? I haven’t gotten that email yet
July 28-Aug 5, I am also holding a reservation at OKW (just in case)

Even if I say yes, that I still plan on coming, that doesn't COMMIT me, does it? I just felt more comfortable also having a Disney resort reservation due to all of the uncertainty with making theme park reservations, new adrs, etc. And...I thought the Swan was going to be CLOSED until July 29th? (or taken over by MLS, anyway!)

July 28-Aug 5, I am also holding a reservation at OKW (just in case)

Ah, I bet it was because your arrival is before that 7/29 date that was mentioned earlier. The parks are going to be open, but they’re probably trying to limit or deter as many guests as possible who won’t be with the sports stuff. I work for Marriott and it’s no fun having to “walk” people to other resorts because we oversold, etc.

Ah, I bet it was because your arrival is before that 7/29 date that was mentioned earlier. The parks are going to be open, but they’re probably trying to limit or deter as many guests as possible who won’t be with the sports stuff. I work for Marriott and it’s no fun having to “walk” people to other resorts because we oversold, etc.
I worked for Marriott for 12 years (up until 3 years ago). Two of my kids worked there as on-calls in banquets, but they received letters that they had been terminated. We will miss the discount!

I worked for Marriott for 12 years (up until 3 years ago). Two of my kids worked there as on-calls in banquets, but they received letters that they had been terminated. We will miss the discount!

Uggggh, I’m sorry to hear that!! :-( The discount is definitely a perk you can’t take for granted, especially with Disney. I still can’t believe it’s possible to stay at the Swan with the Explore rate. I’m really hoping that doesn’t disappear

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter