Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I booked an alcove room at the Dolphin for Christmas thinking I could do Club FPs but since that is out the window now, I wonder what would be the best type of room to book... are the balcony rooms convenient? From pictures I saw, they look far from the lobby? Or any rooms that would be nice to see the theme park?
I'm a little late with this since it sounds like you've decided against spending more for a theme park view (probably wise right now), but just FYI and for others who might be wondering, this is what our view of Hollywood Studios looked like from the Swan.

I read several pages ago about the AP discount, but when I call to book it for Dolphin (usually I use in house reservations) I get a recording that they are closed. The hold voice over comes on over the recorded message so I can’t tell if you’re supposed to hold or can’t book the discount until they reopen? Thanks for any guidance.

I read several pages ago about the AP discount, but when I call to book it for Dolphin (usually I use in house reservations) I get a recording that they are closed. The hold voice over comes on over the recorded message so I can’t tell if you’re supposed to hold or can’t book the discount until they reopen? Thanks for any guidance.
You can book online now. You just need to enter the promo code QWH and present your AP when checking in.

Help :). Currently have Pop booked for august for 4 nights but see dolphin only $30 more all in with aph disc

Do have my park reservations made already. Will i lose them if I link dolphin reservation then cancel Pop? If so, is there a way around this as in calling IT?

Help :). Currently have Pop booked for august for 4 nights but see dolphin only $30 more all in with aph disc

Do have my park reservations made already. Will i lose them if I link dolphin reservation then cancel Pop? If so, is there a way around this as in calling IT?
I’m not sure if we have data on this yet. However... There are no dates in August that are “sold out” of park passes for resort guests for any park.

To be safe, I would link the new Dolphin reservation, cancel POP after linking Dolphin in MDE, and then go in and cancel and rebook all your park passes just to be sure they’re associated with the Dolphin. I doubt you’d have a problem anyway but you can always clean them up like this with the August availability calendar wide open.

I’m not sure if we have data on this yet. However... There are no dates in August that are “sold out” of park passes for resort guests for any park.

To be safe, I would link the new Dolphin reservation, cancel POP after linking Dolphin in MDE, and then go in and cancel and rebook all your park passes just to be sure they’re associated with the Dolphin. I doubt you’d have a problem anyway but you can always clean them up like this with the August availability calendar wide open.

I actually just did exactly this, switching from Pop to Dolphin for Sept, and everything worked perfectly ☺

Any update on this? Kinda scared to cancel my CB reservation and potentially have issues with my park reservations. :oops:

Any update on this? Kinda scared to cancel my CB reservation and potentially have issues with my park reservations. :oops:

Did you already make your new reservation? If so, link it to MDE and then make park passes for those dates, then cancel your others. If they’re for the same dates, and those dates still show availability for the parks you want to attend (which they surely do, reservations for resort guests seem to be wide open), cancel your park passes linked to your previous reservation and then rebook them.

Did you already make your new reservation? If so, link it to MDE and then make park passes for those dates, then cancel your others. If they’re for the same dates, and those dates still show availability for the parks you want to attend (which they surely do, reservations for resort guests seem to be wide open), cancel your park passes linked to your previous reservation and then rebook them.
Yes everything is linked and it’s for the same dates. I remember reading that some Passholders had issues reserving more than 3 consecutive days despite having a resort reservation. I didn’t have that issue, but I’m not sure if that has completely fixed or not. My reservation is for mid August so good news is there’s plenty of availability for now!

I actually just did exactly this, switching from Pop to Dolphin for Sept, and everything worked perfectly ☺
I did speak to WDW & they confirmed but said to keep both reservations on the books for a full day after linking & before cancelling the WDW booking.

Pulled the plug on August trip sigh but thinking of again cancelling a DVC reservation & banking the points...booking at the Swan instead

Just need to scroll thru the thread and find out ‘how bad’ the no view rooms truly are

I did speak to WDW & they confirmed but said to keep both reservations on the books for a full day after linking & before cancelling the WDW booking.

Pulled the plug on August trip sigh but thinking of again cancelling a DVC reservation & banking the points...booking at the Swan instead

Just need to scroll thru the thread and find out ‘how bad’ the no view rooms truly are
Oh glory. Search the thread for posts by @amalone1013. She had to have gotten some of the most epically bad ones! That said, I’ve also booked “no view” and gotten assigned a lovely view. Seems to be luck of the draw and how nicely you sweet talk the desk people at check in.

Oh glory. Search the thread for posts by @amalone1013. She had to have gotten some of the most epically bad ones! That said, I’ve also booked “no view” and gotten assigned a lovely view. Seems to be luck of the draw and how nicely you sweet talk the desk people at check in.
thanks, heck u think a repeat visitor to a hotel chain would get some love.

my thots r Hotwire & Priceline res get the dregs, at least in my experience there

Any consistent love for Marriott

A few years ago, I booked a Traditional (no view) room at the Swan and was given an upgrade to a Resort view room. This was my Resort view. The diamond-shape hurricane fencing was attached to the window.

Our experience has been different. I have booked 3 times via Priceline and have had a resort room in all 3 cases. Twice with a balcony.

Last year we had to cancel a vacation in November due to a medical emergency and Priceline worked with Marriott to get us a refund.

Dave

Rarely am I at a loss for words lol

After expressing my disappointment with the room, I was moved.

You can see this room from the outside, when approaching the back entrance of the Swan and looking up, left of center. It is tucked in, at an inside corner. The other rooms in the same corridor, same direction, face the Dolphin and are Resort view. You would think that their system would have this room flagged as being so bad; but, then
again, maybe it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter