Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Are the Swan/Dolphin holding/transferring luggage? They switched our stay for nights 26-30 at the Dolphin over to the Swan, but they didn’t switch the 25th. I’m hoping they will transfer our luggage or at least hold it for us, since we plan on rope dropping on the 26th, but when we stayed at a DS hotel in July, they weren’t handling luggage! So I figured I’d ask here ☺ Thanks!

Are the Swan/Dolphin holding/transferring luggage? They switched our stay for nights 26-30 at the Dolphin over to the Swan, but they didn’t switch the 25th. I’m hoping they will transfer our luggage or at least hold it for us, since we plan on rope dropping on the 26th, but when we stayed at a DS hotel in July, they weren’t handling luggage! So I figured I’d ask here ☺ Thanks!

Also curious about luggage! We’ll be at Copper Creek the night before our Dolphin stay... I assume Disney won’t transfer luggage in our situation since Dolphin isn’t a Disney-o&o property?

Also curious about luggage! We’ll be at Copper Creek the night before our Dolphin stay... I assume Disney won’t transfer luggage in our situation since Dolphin isn’t a Disney-o&o property?
The luggage transfer would not ordinarily be a problem, even to the Dolphin. But, as these are not ordinary times, bag transfer between resorts is not currently available.

Normally Disney will transfer to/from Swan/Dolphin. However, I don’t know if that changed with Covid protocols.

I was considering Swan for my October stay, but the Dolphin is now open that week as well and is cheaper. I can get a Deluxe Alcove 2 bd and sofa bed for a really good price, which would work great for my needs. I know at Dolphin the beds are smaller and there is only 1 sink, but is the overall quality/age of the rooms similar?

I was considering Swan for my October stay, but the Dolphin is now open that week as well and is cheaper. I can get a Deluxe Alcove 2 bd and sofa bed for a really good price, which would work great for my needs. I know at Dolphin the beds are smaller and there is only 1 sink, but is the overall quality/age of the rooms similar?
The overall feel of the rooms is the same in my opinion. The second sink at Swan is a nice bonus but doesn’t really weigh in on my decision making. The full sized beds at Dolphin don’t really work for us, so I choose Swan when possible. But if the bed situation is fine for you, I would go for Dolphin. I actually prefer the Dolphin hotel over the Swan, but the Swan rooms over the Dolphin. Although, it’s a very minor point since everything is walkable between the two hotels. I think you’ll love the Dolphin!

Yep. I book these types of rooms all the time!

Maybe it's too early to ask this but...my cousins family is going Christmas week. They are staying at CB however but does anyone think there is a chance of Mr. and Mrs. Claus being at S/D thi as year. I am thinking Chocolate Santa probably won't be on display.

What is the amount of the daily resort fee that they add on to the room price? We wouldn’t have a car so parking wouldn’t be something we would need to pay. Just wondering for a possible future stay

What is the amount of the daily resort fee that they add on to the room price? We wouldn’t have a car so parking wouldn’t be something we would need to pay. Just wondering for a possible future stay
It was $30/night the last time we went. Word is that it had gone up to $35/night recently, but based on the the pricing I've been doing on the Marriott site, it's currently back down to $30/night

My understanding is that when you stay at the Swolphin, you get complimentary theme park parking as part of your resort fees and such. How do you actually use that? Just show them your room card? Or will you need proof of booking or something?

It took me a week or so after MVMCP was officially canceled, but canceled my Swan reservation for Dec. 18-18. I know posters have had good trips, but the canceled party, along with the lack of park hopping while staying around Epcot, makes it a no go for me.
I will see how things are during F&G, and possibly plan something then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter