Walt Disney World tickets will all have expiration dates

So the tickets I bought a few weeks ago from UTC (4 day hopper with 3 free days) are going to be good to use for our trip in May? Or are we going to have to pay more?

So the tickets I bought a few weeks ago from UTC (4 day hopper with 3 free days) are going to be good to use for our trip in May? Or are we going to have to pay more?

Those tickets do not expire, so you can use them in May or May 2020, it won't matter.

I just (today!) bought 4 tickets from UCT at the old prices. I am assuming that these are still the non-expiring (until activated) tickets, right? If not, I'm screwed since 2 of them are for our planned 2019 trip. I bought (2) 5-day tickets for the kids trip with me in 2018 (I have an AP) and then I bought (2) 7-day park hoppers for our extended-family, week-long trip in 2019.

Those tickets do not expire, so you can use them in May or May 2020, it won't matter.
I called and spoke to someone at UT after I bought tickets yesterday. They confirmed these tickets have no expiration date beyond the regular 14 days after entering a park. You are all set.

If I buy the unexpiring ten day tickets from a private source now, can I use five days this year and the other five days next year?

If I buy the unexpiring ten day tickets from a private source now, can I use five days this year and the other five days next year?
No. Unexpiring is not the same as the no-expiry option that was eliminated two years ago and you can no longer purchase. Unexpiring tickets can be used today or 10 years from today but once the first day is used, you have 14 days to use the remaining days.

That stinks on the expiration dates!!

I'd pick some up now to hold on to if they weren't so dang expensive. Last time we bought tickets was 2005, 10 day non expiration, I got them for $300 piece. Now the 3 days are $300 piece:scared1:

BUT... $300 in 2005 is worth $483.83 in 2017. And a 10 day hopper from UT cost $478.69 (although it no longer has the non-expiration). So are you really out anything?

BUT... $300 in 2005 is worth $483.83 in 2017. And a 10 day hopper from UT cost $478.69 (although it no longer has the non-expiration). So are you really out anything?
Oops sorry! Yes much better deal, I left out some info, they were hoppers and had the waterpark and more option so we also got 5 days to the waterparks.( they might of been $343, I forget exactly)

The kids were all under 9 and when they became adults and we got the upgrade to their tickets, they then got 10 water parks and more added to their tickets cause that's what it was at the time. So ya way better deal back then. We still have those tickets and the kids have more waterpark days than my DH and I but I figure we'll just buy our admission if we go.

BLS says consumer prices are up about 25% over that period, not more than 50%. I too have no expiration park hoppers I bought over a decade ago. Disney ticket prices have increased much faster than inflation over that period.

Thankfully I'm not a fan of WDW. My weakness is DCL and while I've seen big price increases in cruises over the last 5 years, there's still value there.

The 2005 tickets were 10 day non-expiring vs only 3-day tickets, so I would say she got a much better deal back then.

I did compare 10 day to 10 day, but the buying power is only $380 not $480 so you're right, she did get a better deal.

Last edited:
BLS says consumer prices are up about 25% over that period, not more than 50%. I too have no expiration park hoppers I bought over a decade ago. Disney ticket prices have increased much faster than inflation over that period.

Thankfully I'm not a fan of WDW. My weakness is DCL and while I've seen big price increases in cruises over the last 5 years, there's still value there.

You're right, I must have used those alternate facts lol.

Are you guys in the US not able to buy the british tickets? I was able to purchase the US ones or the British ones?

Hi All - Just want to make sure I am doing this correctly. I just bought 2 - 7 day park hopper tickets from undercover tourist this morning to take advantage of the price non-expiring version. I will not be going until at least 2018 - maybe 2019. I was going to link these to my Disney experience to keep them safe. Is it ok to link both to my account? Then when we go I can re-assign one to my husband? I would just rather have them both where I can control them until our Disney trip is actually confirmed.

Thanks in advance!

Hi All - Just want to make sure I am doing this correctly. I just bought 2 - 7 day park hopper tickets from undercover tourist this morning to take advantage of the price non-expiring version. I will not be going until at least 2018 - maybe 2019. I was going to link these to my Disney experience to keep them safe. Is it ok to link both to my account? Then when we go I can re-assign one to my husband? I would just rather have them both where I can control them until our Disney trip is actually confirmed.

Thanks in advance!

You can do that, but you should know that MDE will use the tickets in the order they are linked. So if you decide to go for less than 7 days and buy 5-day tickets that you link to MDE, it will use the 7-day tickets first. I don't link my tickets for this reason since we don't always go for the same length each time.

Are you guys in the US not able to buy the british tickets? I was able to purchase the US ones or the British ones?
Maybe through park-tickets.com??? I bought UK Universal tickets through them--14 days 3 park hoppers were way cheaper than 5 day 3 park hoppers sold anywhere else.

You can do that, but you should know that MDE will use the tickets in the order they are linked. So if you decide to go for less than 7 days and buy 5-day tickets that you link to MDE, it will use the 7-day tickets first. I don't link my tickets for this reason since we don't always go for the same length each time.
Yikes. That's good to know. Is there anyway to unlink tickets?

I guess I could transfer them to one of my family members linked with me and then have them transfer them back after using other tickets. Though I don't see this as a problem ax we generally go for a week

I believe that you can ask Guest Relations to put an order on which ticket to use if they are already linked. If you do that, check at the end of the trip that they used the right one.

I have a trip planned for fall 2018 which I will use my AP towards. As of now, I am tentatively planning to take my girls with me so I bought 5-day park hoppers for them. We also have an extended-family trip planned (more definitively) for 2019 so I also bought 7-day park hoppers for that trip. I bought them through UCT but had the actual tickets sent to the house. Since the trips are so far out, things can change. UCT allows you to return unused tickets for a refund (minus a restocking fee) so I figured this was my best bet. I rarely link our passes to MDE until about 7 months out anyways, unless it is an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter