Wardrobe Malfunction Prevention

Meka003

Mouseketeer
OK

SO Disney in August, Im much more comfortable in skirts or summer dresses but I dont any sort of wardrobe malfunctions to occurs. Which parks have rides where this would be an issue...my dresses are not short but I'm talking about rides that you need to sit on like a bike which would cause an issue. Thanks for the help !

The only ride that has seats like a bike would be Flight of Passage, I believe...I always wear shorter skirts and dresses and have never had any problems wearing black boyshorts/yoga shorts underneath.

I always wear my super short Sofee shorts whenever I wear a skirt/dress. I'm sure you can find a flexible pair of shorts for cheap somewhere.

At Universal, ET seating is a bike of sorts. Well, not really a bike, but truly bike-style seating, and on a raised platform to boot!

That's the biggie that comes to my mind when thinking of Orlando.

If you get skimmies, make sure to try them out before your trip. I have one shorter pair that always rides up which defeats the entire purpose! Also one brand always makes me overheat which is also uncomfortable. Make sure you're happy with your choice before you walk for miles in them.

Bike Shorts!!!

I love my dresses, but I wear black active capris or Capri length leggings or bike shorts beneath them. I love Old Navy active bike shorts because they don't roll on me like the Jockey Skimmies do. (Yes, they're black, but everything in my wardrobe mixes well with black!)

I am tall and so dresses tend to be shorter on me than I'd like. I work in a school so I make damn sure to have something on underneath in case of wardrobe malfunction. If you're getting an eyeful of bike shorts, I'm not happy, but it's better than getting an eyeful of my undies and chafed legs.

I agree with the posts about the Jockey Skimmies. Similar, are the JKY Slipshorts. Both are super soft, cooling, and prevent chafing.

Shorts or leggings!! I saw a video of a Lady in the newly refurbished Guardians of the Galaxy Ride in DCA. The poor lady tried to hold her dress down and failed miserably. They had to cover her privates with funny images throughout the whole video. I’d personally go with leggings just in case my dress somehow decides to go further up my legs than it should.

Just said this elsewhere, but Astro Orbiter is the only ride I've had an issue on. That's because you have to sort of climb in and lift your legs up high to do that...it was awkward.

Seconding or thrifting advice to throughly road test any type of shorts or coverage BEFORE your trip. Depending on your size and shape, there can be various styles/brands which will ride up or roll down (!) and make you far more uncomfortable as the day wears on.

I've worn dresses to all the parks and I've never had an issue with any ride. But I favor dresses that are a bit loose and usually a thin knit so they have stretch too. I've gotten in/out Astro Orbitor without a hitch. I don't always wear shorts under them but I mostly do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter