Warning- daily safety and security room check

palmtreelover08

DIS Veteran
i am staying a Pop. Stay on site- every year. We opted out of the room cleaning. Last night when getting ready for the party, housekeeping knocked on the door. They came in our room to do a security check- said they do it for guests who opt out of room cleaning. I wasn’t happy about it then. Now this morning at 9:00 am, I have someone knocking on my door again to do another safety and security check. I am angry! Wth do they think happened overnight? Plus we went to to the party and didn’t get home until after 1:30 am! The do not disturb signs mean nothing! They will still knock and if you don’t get up and answer- in they come. This new policy is ridiculous. Why every day? If I were staying at any other hotel and the do not disturb is on, my room would be skipped. Why are they not just checking every three-five days? I called the manager and was essentially told- “this is our policy and we do daily checks”... go pound sand and have a magical day. Wanted to warn everyone that if you plan on sleeping in at all- request they don’t do their checks until afternoon. Wish they would have mentioned this nonsense at check-in. Ps- in fine print on the back of the do not disturb, it says they reserve the right to enter your room. Um- who reads their do not disturb sign, and who knew I would need to read it- as I opted out of room cleaning so wasn’t aware someone would be coming in daily. Heads up!

It’s security checks or room cleaning now - take your pick. Housekeeping has knocked on our door for cleaning at 9 am, we just ask them to come back.

Also, do they still have doorhangers? I haven’t seen one in our room the past 2 trips.

- Not new, been happening since the beginning of the year.
- Happens to those who opt out of Housekeeping, those who ask housekeeping to come back later and assortment of other reasons.
- You no longer have a DND sign, read it, only tells them you are in there.
- You in there is likely an incentive for them to come look.
- New Disney way but it is not happening at other hotel brands.
- It's Disney's "problem" ...
- Went through this in January, had creepy experience.
- So in April July coming up September and January booked offsite.
- Offsite hotels have DND signs and one handed us a letter that said "use it, we WILL RESPECT your privacy" ... shade.
- Enjoy the rest of your trip, and your visitors that come in to look at you and your stuff.

It’s security checks or room cleaning - take your pick. Housekeeping has knocked on our door for cleaning at 9 am, we just ask them to come back.

Also, do they still have doorhangers ?? I haven’t seen one in our room the past 2 trips.

And it has been reported numerous times that the minute folks have asked Housekeeping to come back, they are followed up quickly by a visit from security ... so no guarantee to no guests.

Do they have to come in when you are in the room? Or can they just do it when one is out and about?

Do they have to come in when you are in the room? Or can they just do it when one is out and about?
It seems to be that they are usually doing these checks with normal housekeeping. However, if for some reason (you decline, you are in the room) and housekeeping doesn't clean your room, then you will have the security check. Different people have reported different results with trying to "schedule" or reschedule the check.
ETA: You can read more about experiences here https://www.disboards.com/threads/guest-experiences-with-daily-room-checks.3660888/

It seems to be that they are usually doing these checks with normal housekeeping. However, if for some reason (you decline, you are in the room) and housekeeping doesn't clean your room, then you will have the security check. Different people have reported different results with trying to "schedule" or reschedule the check.
I will be in a DVC unit, so I won't be getting anything other than trash removal.

- And it has been reported numerous times that the minute folks have asked Housekeeping to come back, they are followed up quickly by a visit from security ... so no guarantee to no guests.

Crazy. I haven’t read/seen those reports. Our experience with 2 trips/14 nights since the policy went into effect is we ask them to come back and have never been visited by security.

It’s security checks or room cleaning now - take your pick. Housekeeping has knocked on our door for cleaning at 9 am, we just ask them to come back.

Also, do they still have doorhangers? I haven’t seen one in our room the past 2 trips.

I’m at Pop now. It doesn’t seem to matter if you opt out of housekeeping or not. Security has been knocking.

Ok, I don't care if they come in when we are gone, kinda rather they did.

I think most of the time they're coming in happens when most people are in the parks. The ones who seem to have the problems are the ones with them "disturbing" them are those who come back to their rooms for hours during the day.

If you're rope drop to end of day people, you'll never even know when they come.

This is a little off topic, but I read sooooo many reports of housekeeping trying to rush DVC members out of their rooms early on their check out day. So on our trip in June I made a very nice note explaining that we wouldn't be leaving till right at 11 a.m. and ask they respected our privacy till then. I put a smiley face on it and it was cute. And it worked, we left out at 10:50 without the first knock on the door or anything. I was pleased.

Security is knocking in addition to room cleaning?

By their terms they have that right.

If your housekeeping/daily check creates any red flags ... security will come and knock, likely while you are there.

They know what is in their rooms, they are not checking the rooms ... peek in a shower, checking light switches and wires behind tvs :confused3 .....

... they are checking the guests things they can see and the guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter