Was in Tokyo area Nov. 16 to Dec. 1. AMA...

Yes, fall colors were still going! There was a pop-up show called Naked at Shinjuku Gyoen that I managed to get tickets to through Lawson (with an American phone number). My daughter, who lives in Tokyo picked the tickets up. I think there's a 4 day window, so if you ever see something that you want to do, but you are having a tough time getting tickets, check with Lawson. You could order just before leaving and pick up upon arrival in Japan.

The Ginko Trees were really cool there and several other places we went. Even in Tokyo Disneysea, there were a few places that the foliage was stunning. I will look through our photos and post a few and note where we were.

Last edited:
So, while we weren't there for fall foliage specifically, we enjoyed it casually (other than seeking out the one event I mentioned above). gondolierqueue.jpg
This was shot from the queue for the Gondolier Ride in DisneySea.

momijiwaterfallwithtowerleg.jpg
The Momiji Waterfall adjacent to Tokyo Tower (leg in background)

naked.jpg
The NAKED event in Shinjuku Gyoen

yokohamastadium.jpg
Just some trees at Yokohama Stadium

randomyokohamastreet.jpg
Another random street in Yokohama.

Also. Our schedule:

1 night/day: Chiba City
2 nights/day: Tokyo Station area
5 nights/day: Disney/Tokyo Bay
2 nights/day: Yokohama
5 nights/day: Mizonokuchi, Kanagawa

This was my worst recovery coming back from Asia, but it was also the only time I only slept for less than 2 hours on the flight over. Sorry I'm not up to a trip report, but I am getting Christmas under control here at home, just in time. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter