Was It Too Hot to Eat? Never! A Holiday Dining Report Complete! Raglan Road and Paddlefish

Joining in! Looks great so far. We were there Memorial Day weekend too. We have been going this weekend since 2017 and really enjoy it. It is always hot! As far as your pictures mine were showing up upside down but by resizing them they posted correctly. Maybe try making them smaller? Good luck and can’t wait for more!

For the comparable price, Joel Gott's The Show is much better.
[/QUOTE

Thanks for the wine run down! Sounds like some nice bottles and a good selection. Fun fact, I went to high school with the Gott brothers. Well Duncan anyway, Joel was a couple years older. Love that his wine label has been successful! :)

Joining in! Looks great so far. We were there Memorial Day weekend too. We have been going this weekend since 2017 and really enjoy it. It is always hot! As far as your pictures mine were showing up upside down but by resizing them they posted correctly. Maybe try making them smaller? Good luck and can’t wait for more!
I don't know, it just seems to be hotter every year. Maybe be cause I am older LOL. I resized my photos and it worked. Thank you for the tip.

Funny story about Joel Gott. I went to a wine tasting in a snooty suburb of Chicago. The wine maker we were to meet was Joel Gott. Everyone came dressed from work in their suits and dresses. This guy wearing tattered jeans, a t-shirt with an unbuttoned Oxford shirt over the top of it, and hair a little too long was hanging around in the restaurant lobby. Some of the other guests at the dinner mentioned the scruffy looking man hanging around at the lobby, as they were concerned it was a loiterer. When they introduced the wine maker, guess who walked into the room? None other than these scruffy Joel Gott. I think he is awesome.

Following along! :wave2:

1st up was the Portland cream. This was the best of the 3. This was a fluffy yeast donut absolutely full of vanilla cream goodness. I swear it weighed a pound it was so full of cream. This doughnut put Boston creme donuts to shame. I can't wait to go back and get another.

I had one of these too and it was delicious! I agree, much better than any Boston creme I've had.

Monday morning Mike woke up to what we believed was a hangover. He was having a bit of Vertigo. We would find out that he would have Vertigo every morning waking up, and Vertigo at various times throughout the day. Unfortunately, the heat has affected him more since he was diagnosed with diabetes. According to his doctor, the heat can cause Vertigo if you have not had enough water. This vacation was so super hot, Mike suffered from Vertigo every morning. For that reason, I don't have many breakfast reviews

Before we got to the park, my buddies were able to snag a ride on slinky dog. It is so much fun.439334158_855697497_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg
Sandy also got hugs from one of her favorite characters .438964552_855273006_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg
Once we got to the park, I had to get something to eat. We met those two at Woody's lunch Box. Mike and I had been to Woody's last October for breakfast. I was really looking forward to trying lunch. We share most table service meals, so we get to try different things. Today we shared Totchos,potato barrels coated with beef and bean chili, shredded cheese and signature queso with tomatoes and corn chips finished with sour cream and a sprinkle of green onions. These were pretty good, but not as good as I had hoped. The chili tasted like the canned stuff. They had to much stuff on them for my liking, but I am certain most people would disagree with me. I love tots, so I wished I could have tasted them more.

We also shared the BBQ Brisket Melt ,sliced smoked brisket, pickles and tangy BBQ sauce between melted cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses on grilled sourdough. Mike liked this well enough, but I didnt like it at all. The meat was tough. There was way too much sauce on it. The pasta salad with it was fantastic though.

Sandy and Ray each had Turkey sandwiches, and I was so jealous. We had the breakfast Turkey last year and I loved it. Mike is not a Turkey fan, so we tried this. Bad idea.

Finally, I had dessert. Because I have to eat dessert at every meal at Disney. I had the raspberry pop tart. I see this is no longer on the menu. I am not surprised. While I really enjoyed it, the Hazelnut one I had last year was so much better. Disney is probably hoping the new lemon blueberry one will fare better.
20190527_111557.jpg

While I was not excited about our meal here, I will return. I honestly wonder if the heat was getting to my taste buds. I don't think so. Just poor ordering choices.

I love tots, so I wished I could have tasted them more.

I had this and we thought it was pretty good, not the best ever but better than similar things I've had at Disney. But without everything on it the tots themselves didn't really have much flavor so I kind of think that's why they put so much on it.

I had the raspberry pop tart. I see this is no longer on the menu. I am not surprised. While I really enjoyed it, the Hazelnut one I had last year was so much better. Disney is probably hoping the new lemon blueberry one will fare better.

I think the lemon blueberry one is only seasonal. I've heard the raspberry one was good too, but we got the hazelnut one and actually thought it tasted pretty terrible. Not sure if it was just that night or if I wasn't a fan of them in general (we had been hoping to order the raspberry).

Raeven. I really think the Portland cream was the best doughnut I have ever had. Thanks for following along.

Me too! I'm not usually crazy about doughnuts, and we really only have Dunkin' around here, and that was so much better.

Hi Niki! Joining in to hear all about the yumminess!

I had this and we thought it was pretty good, not the best ever but better than similar things I've had at Disney. But without everything on it the tots themselves didn't really have much flavor so I kind of think that's why they put so much on it.

I think the lemon blueberry one is only seasonal. I've heard the raspberry one was good too, but we got the hazelnut one and actually thought it tasted pretty terrible. Not sure if it was just that night or if I wasn't a fan of them in general (we had been hoping to order the raspberry).

Me too! I'm not usually crazy about doughnuts, and we really only have Dunkin' around here, and that was so much better.

Too bad you didn't like the hazelnut pop tart. I am a Nutella fan, so maybe that is why I liked it.

As far as the tots, that makes sense. When we had the tots for breakfast last October and they were pretty tasty. This is a kiddie comfort food to me, so I probably don't expect much flavor.

Hi Niki! Joining in to hear all about the yumminess!
Lots of yumminess to come.

That night, after a nice rest in the air conditioning, we returned to DHS for dinner.
WPuck-AK-DHS-Cupcakes-533.jpg
I had always wanted to try 50's Prime Time Cafe, but we never seemed to fit it in. Since this trip was all about new places to us, we decided to give it a try.

The décor is just adorable. Our server was a handsome young cousin with a charming southern accent. Honestly, he was the best part of the meal. He acoldes me for blowing my straw at him, after he had goaded me into it. Tons of fun, and good service. Plus, so handsome.

I was really ready for a good home cooked meal. I will admit, my expectations were high. We started out with a basket of onion rings.

IMG_4840.jpg
These were pretty darn greasy. The onion part was rather small and thin. The batter part was very big. They looked so goos, but I was very disappointed. Surprisingly, I liked the horseradish sauce. It was closer to a ranch dressing with a little kick than it was actual horseradish sauce. That was fine by me.

We all had the same dinner, fried chicken. Again, the food was really greasy. The chicken pieces were a nice size, but the meat was not that good.The meat had very little seasoning to it, so it lacked flavor. The mashed potatoes that came with it were good, but the gravy was oversalted. Easy enough to scrape off the gravy though. The one good thing I liked was the corn. It was typical frozen corn like at the grocery store. I grew up eating it and love it.

20190527_181400.jpg
Sandy had a cherry Coke, which she said was very good. Mike head and iced tea that was very refreshing. I went all out to get a strawberry milkshake. I should have stuck with iced tea. The milk shake tasted like fake strawberry. It was kinda like strawberry medicine flavor, or Dolly Madiaon strawberry Singers. Just blech. Don't let that little piece of strawberry looking material on the straw fool you. No real fruit could be found in the entire milkshake. It was just off for me. I had a few sips and then left the rest. No one else at the table wanted to drink any after the first sip.
20190527_181407-2268x3024.jpg

I was so disappointed. The food was just not good. I had such high hopes. Other than a stop at the bar, I don't see us coming back any time soon.

I’m in! Always enjoy your reviews. I’m signed up for the Jiko wine tasting in Oct and can’t wait. I admire your trying all new or not recently visited spots. I have trouble tearing myself away from favorites but at this point have enough favorites to fill 2 weeks! So sorry about Mike’s vertigo. A friend’s husband battled that recently and it’s no joke.

Too bad you didn't like the hazelnut pop tart. I am a Nutella fan, so maybe that is why I liked it.

I think it was mostly the crust/texture of the whole thing which I expected to be different. I like Nutella, but I'm not a huge fan of maple flavoring which I felt was most of it.

As far as the tots, that makes sense. When we had the tots for breakfast last October and they were pretty tasty. This is a kiddie comfort food to me, so I probably don't expect much flavor.

I still thought they were pretty tasty though. I think as far as plain tots go I always love the ones at Boma for some reason. :rotfl:

I’m in! Always enjoy your reviews. I’m signed up for the Jiko wine tasting in Oct and can’t wait. I admire your trying all new or not recently visited spots. I have trouble tearing myself away from favorites but at this point have enough favorites to fill 2 weeks! So sorry about Mike’s vertigo. A friend’s husband battled that recently and it’s no joke.
It was really hard to try new places. I have my favorites too. I have to say, I really thought about scrapping the idea a couple times.

So excited you are doing Jiko wine Wednesday. I hope you love it as much as we do. Skipping it the trip because we have the Italian wine lunch on Wednesday. Have a great time.

Vertigo is hell. I was rear ended last weekend, and have had it many times this past weekend. Ugh.
I think it was mostly the crust/texture of the whole thing which I expected to be different. I like Nutella, but I'm not a huge fan of maple flavoring which I felt was most of it.

I still thought they were pretty tasty though. I think as far as plain tots go I always love the ones at Boma for some reason. :rotfl:

I didn't get the maple.flaror. it might have made a difference if I had. I am not a big maple.fan.

I need to try those Boma tots.

Following along

Thanks for joining.

I am way behind, but I will try to get alot done in the next few days.

The next day we went to Magic Kingdom. What better way to start than breakfast at Be Our Guest. We all had the same, with Mike and I sharing an entree. Vegetable Quiche,Mushroom, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, goat cheese and Chive Quiche served with Fresh Fruit. This was very good, but honestly I still prefer the kids scrambled eggs. Mike's favorite are the pastries. I also have to have a grey stuff cupcake. This time I also got a cover. Love me some sparkling g alcohol for breakfast.
496eb50f436bd538dbdfc0d17325a616-300x175.jpgbe-our-guest-restaurant-breakfast-vegetable-quiche-1-600x390-426x277.jpg20170528_074807-1494x1992-208x277.jpg

I am way behind, but I will try to get alot done in the next few days.

The next day we went to Magic Kingdom. What better way to start than breakfast at Be Our Guest. We all had the same, with Mike and I sharing an entree. Vegetable Quiche,Mushroom, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, goat cheese and Chive Quiche served with Fresh Fruit. This was very good, but honestly I still prefer the kids scrambled eggs. Mike's favorite are the pastries. I also have to have a grey stuff cupcake. This time I also got a cover. Love me some sparkling g alcohol for breakfast.
View attachment 430473View attachment 430474View attachment 430475
Oh I was wondering if they allow alcohol at breakfast at BOG....I always enjoy a mimosa :)

Following along!

That’s too bad your meal at 50’s didn’t live up to your expectations, it’s a favourite of mine.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter