Was It Too Hot to Eat? Never! A Holiday Dining Report Complete! Raglan Road and Paddlefish

Oh I was wondering if they allow alcohol at breakfast at BOG....I always enjoy a mimosa :)
All the alcohol is available at breakfast it seems. I wasn't in the mood for oh, so champagne it was. Good too.
Following along!

That’s too bad your meal at 50’s didn’t live up to your expectations, it’s a favourite of mine.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!
Thanks for following. I so wanted to love 50's.
Just getting caught up with the dining review board and following along now!
Thanks for joining
Hopping aboard a little late. Looking forward to reading more
Better late than never. Happy to have you.

We were actually hungry for lunch, or maybe we just wanted out of the heat for a bit. Columbia Harbour House was packed, so we decided to try a new place Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn & Cafe. The place was huge, so we were able to find a table in a back room.

On to the food. I have to say, we were not impressed with Pecos Bill. Sandy and Ray got burgers. I don't have a photo, but it looked like a burger and tasted just like that. It was a fast food burger.

Mike and I split two entrees we were hoping to be more interesting. Jerk Chicken Lettuce Wraps Bib Lettuce Cups filled with Jerk Chicken topped with Vegetable Slaw and tossed with Soy Lime Vinaigrette, and Taco TrioChoose 3 from: Seasoned beef, seasoned chicken, spicy chicken or spicy breaded cauliflower, with 5 spice yogurt and pineapple salsa. We chose a beef, seasoned chicken and spicy chicken. As far as the lettuce wraps, they tasted a bit weird. Not really spicy, and no real jerk taste. The tacos were also weird. The spicy chicken had no heat to it. The chicken was the best of the bunch, but not alot of flavor. The beef was sort of mushy. The pineapple salsa was almost non existant, yet it made everything just a bit too sweet. They were all edible, but just weird.

I dont believe we will come to Pecos Bill's ever again.

Last edited:
I have started to write this review a few times, and lose it because I just never seem to finish. So here goes. Artist Point Storybook Dining. This was the meal I was looking forward to the most. We had not been to a.characyer dinner in 12 years. I figured AP used to be really good. Add so.e characters and we would br happy happy.

I stared with a cocktail of course. Evil to the Core - Patron silver tequila, habanero, blackberry, orange juice. This was good. I love everything BlackBerry. I didn't even get a picture. Mike had some unremarkable red wine. Sandy had died Coke. Ray had a beer that he was pretty excited about. Session Lager. He said the brewer makes better, but he liked this alot.
20190528_204018-2268x3024.jpg
We started with the appetizers. These are already chosen for you, and are three little dishes. Hunter's Terrine,chicken, black truffle, stone fruit preserve, house-made pickles Wicked Shrimp Cocktail,soy, miso, avocado, Thai chili, greens Mushroom Bisque crispy mushroom. The mushroom soup is the same fantastic mushroom bisque that was previously at AP. Unfortunately, you only get about 2 bites. I was left wanting a whole bowl. I would have gladly given up the other two. The terrine tasted fatty, but it really wasn't. The pickles were the best thing on the plate.
20190528_204549-2268x3024.jpg
The shrimp seemed to be pretentious. It was pretty much a shrimp with mediocre Asian slaw. Not impressed.
20190528_204452-2268x3024.jpg

I was really looking g forward to the entree. I am fussy about prime rib, and I love good prime rib. I kept reading reviews that said AP was really good. We all got it. Unfortunately, it was bad. Check out this photo.
20190528_205633-2268x3024.jpg
I ordered medium. There was a huge pool of blood in the middle!😬 There was a weird glaze on it too, but that was not glaze. Blood. It also was wayyyy too fatty. The entire right side was pure fat. I ate around the edges on the left side. Honestly the flavor was pretty bland. No one ate much of it. We packed it up and made a Filipino breakfast of Beef Salpicao (beef stir fried with garlic, maggi and soy sauce) and sinangag (garlic butter rice.) It was much better that way. The carrots were tough and odd. The wonderful thing on the plate was the Popover. I wish I knew how to make them. I really wanted a whole plate of those with my bowl of mushroom bisque (in my fantasy AP dinner.)

Right after dinner we had some great character interaction. This was truly the best part of the meal. Snow White was very sweet. Grumpy was loads of fun. Dopey was cool too, but didn't really stick around for photos.
20190528_210403-2268x3024.jpgFB_IMG_1559253210479-540x720.jpgFB_IMG_1559253215294-540x720.jpg

On to dessert. I liked all three in taste.
Miner's Treasures,sponge cake, chocolate gems, and berry panna cotta
20190528_212557-2268x3024.jpg
Fairy Tale Gooseberry Pie,meringue, gooseberry
20190528_212400-2268x3024.jpg
"Poison" Apple,dark chocolate-apple mousse, sour center. This disappointed Ted me quite a bit. The taste was basically just chocolate. It might look big in the photo, but it was barely more than a bite. Really tiny.
20190528_212417-2268x3024.jpg

Service here was really poor. Our waitress seemed bothered by us, even though we were not demanding. I asked doe a Coke Zeri at one point, since drinks were included. She seemed put off by my request, since I had already ordered a cocktail and water when we arrived. Sandy had to ask doe her single refill of diet coke. She never asked if the guys wanted more beer/wine (which they would have had she asked I am sure.) At the end she just brought us the check. We gave her our gift cards, she ran our check after a very long time. During this time, every table near us were getting The Hunter's Gift to the Queen,crackled maple popcorn, ganache heart. It looked so magical and good. I am so into special effects with food, so this really excited me. She returned our check for signature, and still no Gift. So we waited another 10-15 minutes after we had signed the bill waiting g for the Gift. She walked by and looked at us like Oh you're still here? Then you could see the light bulb turn on. She had forgotten us. She hurriedly returned with the Gift, which I will post next.

I bring you the Hunters Gift to the Queen.
20190528_215156-3024x2268.jpg

It was so cool. I love the smoke. The popcorn wasn't very crispy. I was the only one to eat it. The hearts were very good.

As we left, I wanted to have my photo taken with the evil Queen. Unfortunately the line was huge, even though it was after 10pm at this point. No photo for me. My patience, and that of my friends were totally shot.

I was bummed out by this meal in general. The parts of the meal that were good gave really small portions. The rest was mediocre at best. If you go here, go for the character interactions not food. This was a one and done for us.

I was really looking g forward to the entree. I am fussy about prime rib, and I love good prime rib. I kept reading reviews that said AP was really good. We all got it. Unfortunately, it was bad. Check out this photo.
20190528_205633-2268x3024.jpg

I ordered medium. There was a huge pool of blood in the middle!😬 There was a weird glaze on it too, but that was not glaze. Blood. It also was wayyyy too fatty. The entire right side was pure fat. I ate around the edges on the left side. Honestly the flavor was pretty bland.

We had reservations for this meal on our last trip, but I'm now pretty glad we cancelled it. This prime rib does not look good to me at all :sad2:

Im so sorry that the food at Primetime was not good. I have always wanted to try the food there, but we might opt for a different option instead.
The problem is there aren't many good options in DHS. Hopefully SWGE will change that.

We had reservations for this meal on our last trip, but I'm now pretty glad we cancelled it. This prime rib does not look good to me at all :sad2:
You averted a potential disaster. We were not happy with food or service. The characters were great, but to me it doesnt outweigh the bad food.

The next day had a bad beginning all around. Mike awoke with horrible vertigo. My office flooded back in Chicago. The heat felt like Hades. Plus, our decision to only try new restaurants wasn't working out so well. I was ready to go home. But first, I HAD to go hear one of my favorite Latin love song artists Jon Secada. I have had a crush on him for years and years. He just happened to be at the Eat to the Beat concert that night. I would rethink my decision to leave after the concert.

Jon Secada was FABULOUS!!:💖💖 Although I am surprised how little the man actually is in person, his voice is so big and beautiful. Just loved him. We had great seats too. Here is a photo from his first set.
20190529_175008-2268x3024.jpg
Between sets I needed one of my favorite drinks to keep from melting. I ran to Italy to get a Limoncello Margarita!! This is a perfect mix of sweet/tart limoncello and tequila. Love this.
20190529_182512-2268x3024.jpg
While I was a bit refreshed, Jon clearly was dying in the heat. Even with the shirt change, he was getting hotter and hotter by the minute.
20190529_190853-2268x3024.jpg
After my concert we needed dinner. We had originally wanted to go to Ruth's Chris, as Sandy and Ray had never been there. We changed our minds though, as none of us wanted to leave Disney property. Although Mike and I had eaten breakfast at Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club, we had never eaten dinner there. Close enough to a "new restaurant", so off we went.

I like how comfortable this restaurant is. The blue nautical tones are soothing. We were at a half booth table, which was so comfy. AC was going to the max. Ahhh.

We were quite impressed with the wine list. I started with a Conundrum Chardonnay. I have had the Conundrum red blend before, so I was happy to try the white. I was duly impressed. The Chardonnay was slightly buttery and very refreshing. Loved it.
20190529_204051-2268x3024.jpg
Mike didn't want a white, but felt it was too hot for a red. Enter the cote des roses. He liked this too, and we have tried it at home since then.
20190529_204033-2268x3024.jpg

Ray was all about a red and tried H3 Merlot. He liked it. I was lucky enough to take a sip. While it was ok, I am just not a big fan of Merlot. The only one I really like is Twomey Merlot, which is not a cheap bottle.
20190529_204011-2268x3024.jpg
On to the food. I really wanted the lobster and corn chowder, but it was just too hot for soup. We didnt order appetizers, going straight to entrees. I had Sustainable Catch of the Daywith Pan-fried Saffron-Risotto Cake and Fire-roasted Tomato-Pepper Sauce. This was good. I don't recall what fish it was, but it was a nice firm steak. The taste was a little fishy, but not really off putting. If you only like super mild white fish, this is not for you. I liked it very much personally. The pepper sauce was fantastic.
20190529_205438-2268x3024.jpg

Mike had New England Seafood Pot PieShrimp, Scallops, Jumbo Lump Crab, and Sustainable Catch of the Day with Baby Carrots, Pearl Onions, Peas, Potatoes, and Crustacean Cream with a Flaky Crust. He thought this was the single best thing he had eaten all week! I tried it. Personally, I was not a huge fan. It was kinda like a fish pot pie. To me it tasted much stronger than my fish of the day. It eas very creamy too. While it was ok, it just wasn't my taste. Creamy fishy pot pie is definately Mike's flavor profile, so he was super happy with this dish.
20190529_205600-2268x3024.jpg
Ray ordered Applewood-smoked Bacon FlatbreadCaramelized Onion with Gruyère and Arugula. I had a piece (yes I try most of everyone's food) and really liked it. How can you go wrong with apple wood bacon and gruyere (my favorite) cheese? You can't. My only complaint would be that the crust should have been a bit crisper.
20190529_205447-2268x3024.jpg

Sandy tried the Pappardelle Pastawith Spinach, Sautéed Mushrooms, Rebel Tomatoes, Roasted Garlic Cream, and Citrus Gremolata. At least that is what I think it was. My phone ran out of charge right before I could take the last photo. I remember she liked it as well.

Overall this was one of the best meals we had all week. While dinner here is not one of my favorites on Disney property, this was a good solid meal. We will definately come back some day.

I have started to write this review a few times, and lose it because I just never seem to finish. So here goes. Artist Point Storybook Dining. This was the meal I was looking forward to the most. We had not been to a.characyer dinner in 12 years. I figured AP used to be really good. Add so.e characters and we would br happy happy.

I stared with a cocktail of course. Evil to the Core - Patron silver tequila, habanero, blackberry, orange juice. This was good. I love everything BlackBerry. I didn't even get a picture. Mike had some unremarkable red wine. Sandy had died Coke. Ray had a beer that he was pretty excited about. Session Lager. He said the brewer makes better, but he liked this alot.
View attachment 433774
We started with the appetizers. These are already chosen for you, and are three little dishes. Hunter's Terrine,chicken, black truffle, stone fruit preserve, house-made pickles Wicked Shrimp Cocktail,soy, miso, avocado, Thai chili, greens Mushroom Bisque crispy mushroom. The mushroom soup is the same fantastic mushroom bisque that was previously at AP. Unfortunately, you only get about 2 bites. I was left wanting a whole bowl. I would have gladly given up the other two. The terrine tasted fatty, but it really wasn't. The pickles were the best thing on the plate.
View attachment 433778
The shrimp seemed to be pretentious. It was pretty much a shrimp with mediocre Asian slaw. Not impressed.
View attachment 433779

View attachment 433782
I ordered medium. There was a huge pool of blood in the middle!😬 There was a weird glaze on it too, but that was not glaze. Blood. It also was wayyyy too fatty. The entire right side was pure fat. I ate around the edges on the left side. Honestly the flavor was pretty bland. No one ate much of it. We packed it up and made a Filipino breakfast of Beef Salpicao (beef stir fried with garlic, maggi and soy sauce) and sinangag (garlic butter rice.) It was much better that way. The carrots were tough and odd. The wonderful thing on the plate was the Popover. I wish I knew how to make them. I really wanted a whole plate of those with my bowl of mushroom bisque (in my fantasy AP dinner.)

Right after dinner we had some great character interaction. This was truly the best part of the meal. Snow White was very sweet. Grumpy was loads of fun. Dopey was cool too, but didn't really stick around for photos.
View attachment 433783View attachment 433784View attachment 433785

On to dessert. I liked all three in taste.
Miner's Treasures,sponge cake, chocolate gems, and berry panna cotta
View attachment 433790
Fairy Tale Gooseberry Pie,meringue, gooseberry
View attachment 433791
"Poison" Apple,dark chocolate-apple mousse, sour center. This disappointed Ted me quite a bit. The taste was basically just chocolate. It might look big in the photo, but it was barely more than a bite. Really tiny.
View attachment 433792

Service here was really poor. Our waitress seemed bothered by us, even though we were not demanding. I asked doe a Coke Zeri at one point, since drinks were included. She seemed put off by my request, since I had already ordered a cocktail and water when we arrived. Sandy had to ask doe her single refill of diet coke. She never asked if the guys wanted more beer/wine (which they would have had she asked I am sure.) At the end she just brought us the check. We gave her our gift cards, she ran our check after a very long time. During this time, every table near us were getting The Hunter's Gift to the Queen,crackled maple popcorn, ganache heart. It looked so magical and good. I am so into special effects with food, so this really excited me. She returned our check for signature, and still no Gift. So we waited another 10-15 minutes after we had signed the bill waiting g for the Gift. She walked by and looked at us like Oh you're still here? Then you could see the light bulb turn on. She had forgotten us. She hurriedly returned with the Gift, which I will post next.

following.... wow your AP review just made me sad for you!! And to have mediocre service at best was just a bummer. :(

i enjoyed your reviews!! we are going next May and I am chomping at the bit! reading and seeing all the great food pics make it a bit easier to bear. :)

That’s too bad about Artist Point- I keep seeing mixed or bad reviews and it’s just so sad. I loved that restaurant previously.

I’m glad that John Secada cheered you up! I almost changed our trip dates last spring to coincide with his performance, but we stuck with our spring break and Christopher Cross.

The Ale & Compass dinner seemed like a lifesaver. When I’m having a bad Disney time, a low-key, comfortable, solid dinner can turn it all around. I haven’t made it there for any meal yet, but it’s on my to-do list.

following.... wow your AP review just made me sad for you!! And to have mediocre service at best was just a bummer. :(
Thanks. I am still pretty sad about this one.
i enjoyed your reviews!! we are going next May and I am chomping at the bit! reading and seeing all the great food pics make it a bit easier to bear. :)
Happy to help.
When did they start doing photos on HM?
I first got one last October. Fun photos.

Oh dear, Story Book Dining does not sound (or look) good at all. I’m not sure I’ve seen any good reviews. And ugh on the server. We all have bad days but that’s just so disappointing and really can make or break the meal. I’m a big fan of Ale & Compass. It’s a solid Epcot resort area pick. Glad that and Jon Secada could turn your day around!

That’s too bad about Artist Point- I keep seeing mixed or bad reviews and it’s just so sad. I loved that restaurant previously.

I’m glad that John Secada cheered you up! I almost changed our trip dates last spring to coincide with his performance, but we stuck with our spring break and Christopher Cross.

The Ale & Compass dinner seemed like a lifesaver. When I’m having a bad Disney time, a low-key, comfortable, solid dinner can turn it all around. I haven’t made it there for any meal yet, but it’s on my to-do list.
I was excited about artist point because I had read so many good reviews of the prime rib. Maybe it was better when story book dining 1st started. I don't know, but we will not be back.

Jon Secada can cheer me up any day. He has such a beautiful voice.Plus he is easy on the eyes. The man aged pretty well.

We have now gone to breakfast and dinner at Ale & Compass. I really like it. The shrimp grits and bacon pancakes (ew) for breakfast were not the best, but everything else we had was really good.

Love Conundrum! Was just looking at where we could walk to from HS - this may have tipped the scales 😉
Conundrum red and white are both now on my favorites list. I am happy to see that Conundrum is at one of the F&W booths.

Oh dear, Story Book Dining does not sound (or look) good at all. I’m not sure I’ve seen any good reviews. And ugh on the server. We all have bad days but that’s just so disappointing and really can make or break the meal. I’m a big fan of Ale & Compass. It’s a solid Epcot resort area pick. Glad that and Jon Secada could turn your day around!
The only good thing at story book dining was the character interaction. Our server was not happy in the enchanted forest.

The only good thing at story book dining was the character interaction. Our server was not happy in the enchanted forest.

Mike and I needed to work all morning (bad thing about modern technology). After that we met our friends at Epcot. By the time we arrived, we were famished. So far we hadn't hit the Flower & Garden booths. Time to correct this. Off to Mexico. We shared Tlacoyo: Blue Corn Masa topped with Black Bean Spread, Ground Chorizo, Queso Fresco and Mexican Cream. This was so good! Plus it was a huge portion. Plenty for Mike and I to take the edge off our hunger. We also shared Rosé Sangria: Withers Rosé Wine, Tequila Blanco, Elderflower and Ginger Liqueur, Pineapple, Cactus Pear and Ginger Juices. This was also very good. The mixture of wine and tequila was fabulous. This booth was an overall win!
20190530_165055-2268x3024.jpg
20190530_164955-2268x3024.jpg
No day at Epcot is complete without a stop at La Cava del Tequila. Usually we just stop for a margarita to go. This day, we decided to take a little more time and enjoy some tequila and chips. There were two salsa. Both were pretty spicy. One was kinda smokey. All of it was great.
20190530_171219-2268x3024.jpg

Ray and I also had a couple shots of tequila
20190530_171205-2268x3024.jpg20190530_171153-2268x3024.jpg
We also shared a tequila flight
20190530_170954-2268x3024.jpg20190530_171448-2268x3024.jpg
I absolutely had to have an avocado margarita. I love this so much.20190530_171144-2268x3024.jpg
Sandy had a red margarita. I don't recall what it was. She liked it though. Blood orange maybe?
FB_IMG_1559253131012-540x720.jpg

We loved our time here. I will not hesitate to spend an hour or so chillaxin here in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!