'Waste' EE entry just for Rise rope drop?

As others have said, it's a gamble on if Rise is running or not, that I wouldn't take. We did every ride in Fantasyland in the Early Entry time slot when we were there July 4th weekend last year started at Peter Pan (10 minute wait) walked right onto snow white, exited that queue and jumped right in pinocchio queue and walked right on. My oldest did dumbo with my wife, and me and the youngest did Mr. Toad (both no wait), and my oldest actually did Dumbo twice without getting off, and then we made our wait to Toon town (still about 2 minutes ahead of the crowds coming into the park). We met Mickey (2nd in line) as we had a LL for Runaway Railway (this was before it switched over to a genie+ selection). We did Rise later in the day (want to say our wait was about 50 minutes). The fantasyland rides that we knocked out in that first half hour, cumulatively would have had longer waits at that stage of the day. Even with the switch to all on site guests going to the same early entry now, I still think you'd be able to knock out most of, if not all of fantasyland if you can be near the front of the rope drop for Peter Pan (first half of the pack I'd say).

When Rise is open first thing, I still would not rope drop at DL. It is as far back in the park as you can go and takes a long time to get there - and EVERYBODY goes there first! the line builds really fast so you most likely will be waiting a substantial time NMW. Meanwhile, you just scurried past literally every other ride in the park while they all have little or no line. take advantage; do those first, then come back in the PM as others have suggested once things have mellowed out. Yes, you will wait a long time, but you will have already ridden everything else.

@Lumpy1106 yes that was another point I was trying to make to my husband, are we really going to walk allll the way past rides that are open to us just to get in line. He sees now, as I do, that later in the day is the way to go 👍 we are not big on nighttime shows so we usually try and do pirates or Indiana during those shows, now I think we will use Genie+ for those and spend more evening time in Galaxies Edge 🤩

@Lumpy1106 yes that was another point I was trying to make to my husband, are we really going to walk allll the way past rides that are open to us just to get in line. He sees now, as I do, that later in the day is the way to go 👍 we are not big on nighttime shows so we usually try and do pirates or Indiana during those shows, now I think we will use Genie+ for those and spend more evening time in Galaxies Edge 🤩
Even not being big on nighttime shows, I encourage you to consider seeing Fantasmic at DL. It is a very intimate and up close experience, much different than Hollywood Studios. The show also used to be better, but with the recent changes at HS and some new changes coming to DL it is an open question which will be better now.

It is a pain to see Fantasmic since you basically have to do a dining package, but still worth it IMO. If you see the 9:00 Fantasmic you can stay and watch the fireworks immediately after and they do projections on the water screens. It's like 45 minutes straight of nighttime magic.

Fantasmic at DL returns late-May from a long hiatus and typically runs nightly during the summer at 9:00 and 10:30. It runs weekends only most of the rest of the year except typically extended downtime in January.

Another thing to consider is that it sounds like the Rising Moon fireworks show is going to continue after Season of the Force. If that is the case, Galaxy's Edge will be more crowded in the evenings.

Another thing to consider is that it sounds like the Rising Moon fireworks show is going to continue after Season of the Force. If that is the case, Galaxy's Edge will be more crowded in the evenings.
Oh really? Hmm...guess we will have to see if that is the case. Thanks!

Even not being big on nighttime shows, I encourage you to consider seeing Fantasmic at DL. It is a very intimate and up close experience, much different than Hollywood Studios. The show also used to be better, but with the recent changes at HS and some new changes coming to DL it is an open question which will be better now.

It is a pain to see Fantasmic since you basically have to do a dining package, but still worth it IMO. If you see the 9:00 Fantasmic you can stay and watch the fireworks immediately after and they do projections on the water screens. It's like 45 minutes straight of nighttime magic.

Fantasmic at DL returns late-May from a long hiatus and typically runs nightly during the summer at 9:00 and 10:30. It runs weekends only most of the rest of the year except typically extended downtime in January.
So we've seen Fantasmic a few times (obviously not recently) so....yeah....sorry, not a big fan though :rolleyes1 perfectly happy to skip it.

So we've seen Fantasmic a few times (obviously not recently) so....yeah....sorry, not a big fan though :rolleyes1 perfectly happy to skip it.
No need to apologize - it doesn't impact me in any way what you choose to do. To each their own! I won't be seeing it on my next trip either. Have a great trip.

No need to apologize - it doesn't impact me in any way what you choose to do. To each their own! I won't be seeing it on my next trip either. Have a great trip.
Somehow I always feel guilty saying I don't love Fantasmic because so many do love it and seem to love it SO MUCH 😂 so I'm like "is something wrong with me?" Lol Just doesn't float my boat 😂

Wow lucky you, sometimes you can just be in the right place at the right time and the Disney gods are smiling on you. pixiedust:
I was actually looking forward to finally getting to watch Fantasmic on that trip. We even booked the hungry bear dining package. First world problems but getting a second ROTR ride in was actually a consolation. 😭

David from Fresh Baked did a very extensive study of the RotR queue at all different times of the day. There’s a video on YouTube with all his findings & recommendations for when to ride it. You should try watching it. The title is something about “riding rise 30 times”.

David from Fresh Baked did a very extensive study of the RotR queue at all different times of the day. There’s a video on YouTube with all his findings & recommendations for when to ride it. You should try watching it. The title is something about “riding rise 30 times”.
He is the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter