Water Mouse boat?

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
Hello :D !

I had a quick questions about the Water Mouse boats available to rent @ the Polynesian (and other WDW resorts). I know it says they can fit two adults comfortably, but will they allow 1 adult & 2 children in one boat??? :(

My DD-6 & DS-7 1/2 really want to do these on our next trip, but I'm a single mom & my sons too young to drive one himself. I know there is a maximum weight limit, but we are all pretty small, so I don't think that will be an issue. My concern is, if we fit, will they let us all go in one??

Thanks for the help!
;) :D ,
Katherine

I have never seen three people in a mouse boat, I'm not sure if it's allowed. Disney also has a midsize (9'L) canopy boat, we rented one at Downtown Disney. It was alot of fun (not as fast) and reasonably priced.

They are definitely not big enough for 3 people, even if you are small, in my opinion. I am small and rode in one with my very small 5-year-old, and there would not have been enough room for anyone else.

You might want to check and see if they still rent jet boats at the Contemporary marina. They are a larger and faster variant on the water mouse. They easily fit three people.

Have one child wait on the dock and then half way through your ride time come back to the dock and switch out. The child on the dock will be able to wear a lifejacket while waiting. I split the time with my daughters at WL last month and it worked fine. The dock workers helped switch the kids. In my case my wife was waiting on the dock too so I didn't have to worry about the child waiting though

One other thing I noticed was that the Watermice at the CBR (and all the other small lakes) had 3hp motors. The ones on the big lakes, like by MK, have three times as much horsepower at 9hp and are much, much faster. Same price too. I will rent them on the big lakes from now on and zip around instead of puttering!

It is definately only 2 people per boat. I just rented one last week at WL with my 2 year old DD and they had signs everywhere that said only 2 per boat. Don't forget to use your disney club discount (if you have disney club) We got a huge discount, only paid $20 for a 40 minute ride.

Does anyone know what the hours are for renting water mice boats at the MK resorts? I want to plan to do this on the day we arrive, but not sure how late we can rent the boats. Thanks!

Well at least now I know they only fit 2 people & now I can plan my trip better. I really want to do the WaterMouse boats, so I came up with the following plan, so the kids can each have a turn in them.

One of the days while were there my son is going to do the "Pirate Cruise" @ GF (from 10:00-12:00). While he's on the cruise, I'll rent a WaterMouse for my daughter & me. Then from 1:30-2:30 my daughter is going to the "Wonderland Tea Party" @ GF, then my son & me can rent the WaterMouse.

The only thing I'm worried about is the "Wonderland Tea Party" is only an hour, so this only gives me enough time to drop off my daughter, head to the Marina, ride the WaterMouse for 1/2 hour, then rush back to get my daughter by 2:30. Hopefully there isn't a wait for the boats or it can throw off the plans.

DO YOU GUYS THINK THIS WILL WORK?? :(

Thanks again for the help!
Katherine

I think it will work really well for you. You are planning to rent at the GF now I assume??

Just enjoy lunch and the grounds from 12:00 to 1:30. Grand Floridian Cafe is a very pretty spot for lunch and there is also a snack bar with a very decent selection. You can take your lunch out to tables if you eat there.

When you rent in the am I'd explain the situation. They may let you prepay for your afternoon ride which would save you a little time. You will also have the safety talk in the am which will save you 5 minutes or so in the afternoon. Have a fantastic trip!

BCV23 - Thanks for the tips! This will definately same some time. I'm looking forward to seeing the ground @ GF. I've never been there, so this gives me the opportunity to do so.

Thanks again!
Katherine

Smaller motors, that explains it! I keep reading about how people love the water mice, but when we rented one at CBR I thought it was kind of dull. The post by mm6mm6 stating that the boats at the smaller lakes are much slower makes a lot of sense.

I'll have to try one on the big lake next time.

I've never rented the mice so I hope this isn't a dumb question but.... when you take your child (mine will be 8 and 11) with you, can you or do you let them drive the boat???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter