Water Parks in Dec!!!??!!!

Mr Ed

Mouseketeer
:bounce: My kids (7 & 4) really enjoy water parks, but I've read conflicting information on the Disney Water Parks openings for Dec. We are staying from 12 Dec to 27 Dec. Can anyone tell me if BB and TL will be open during this period & what they might be like.

Thanks
Ed(24 days to go)!!

Hi Mr Ed! Typhoon Lagoon will be closed for rehab during your stay, but Blizzard Beach will be open. Beginning December 29, Blizzard Beach will close and Typhoon Lagoon will open back up. Maybe that's where the conflciting information came from.

The water parks are all heated and you can swim in December if you're so inclined. Just remember if it's cold outside that it will be very cold when you get out of the water to stand in lines or walk to a different section of the park. Me, I'm a big cold weather chicken and don't leave my house when it gets below 60. I can't imagine swimming if it's below about 85, but I'm sure my kids would hop right in! LOL!

Typhoon Lagoon is closed for annual rehab from
October 28, 2001 through December 22, 2001.

Blizzard Beach is closed for annual rehab from December 23, 2001
through February 16, 2002.

I found this info at http://www.wdwig.com/faq_tl.htm

see the left side for other waterparks

From the official Disney site: "Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park will close for refurbishment beginning December 29. Please check this site again as your vacation nears for updated Water Park operating hours." "Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will be closed through December 29 for refurbishment. Please check this site again as your vacation nears for updated Water Park operating hours."

I think Deb's site has the old rehab dates. I was also given the same information of the 29th when I called. Be sure to double check when you get there though, as Disney has been changing their operating hours on a weekly basis at some points. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter