Water Parks, yes or no?

mom2redheadgirls

Earning My Ears
I am doing the 5+2 in late September and have never been to the WDW water parks because our last WDW visit was too short. Would you recommend a day at a water park or should I spend it somewhere better? If so which water park is better for a 4yo, 3yo and a baby???
Thanks!
Steph

I say sure! Go for it. With each trip, Blizzard Beach has become our first day and our "middle of the week" day. It is such a great break from the pace of the parks! You can be busy there all day or just take it easy. You kids would love the wave pool, pretty tame, unlike Typhoon Lagoon. The slides are a blast and the family raft ride is so much fun. Yes, do the water parks. Well worth taking the day. Oh, get there either as the park opens (half an hour before that to get in line), or about 1:30 or so when the morning people are leaving. The lounge chairs are completely taken by mid morning. Have fun!

We have been to Blizzard beach and had a BLAST! However, with the ages of your children, I cannot see you having much fun at a water park. The only thing you could do is stay in the shallow water. Might as well do that at the hotel pool.
I second the family raft ride, not not sure if there is an age limit. I know that I would not want my baby on it. Perhaps you and your wife could take turns watching the baby while the others play. Shoes are a great idea as well as sunscreen and towels. There is an area for sunning and shade (naps).

One more thing! Have your girls wear water shoes, the tar gets very hot to walk on. Also, sunscreen! Apply often all day long.

We took DS to Typhoon Lagoon when he was 23 mo and then again when he was 3yo. Both times we said it was one of the best days of the trip...just nice and relaxing. He even named his fish Miss Tilly! He has so much fun in the little people area and buliding with the sand that this is always a must do for us. Since we are there for 7 nights this time, we may try Blizzard Beach as well...we'll see.

We've only been to TL (I think that's the one we went to last Nov/Dec?) but the kids had a blast! Snorkeling in the little "shark" pool was cool too. :)

Definetly! You'll have UPH's with the 5 + 2 plan, correct? With the UPH's your admission is already paid for the water parks so take advantage. Our 3yo loves swimming and the water parks. In fact they may be her favorite part of a WDW vacation!! Both parks are great and both have little kids sections.

since you have already paid for water parks, I would go half a day. go early in the morning, and leave by early afternoon. with the ages of your children, they will more likely be ready for a nap.

Blizzard Beach has been my kids favorite but in all honesty, either one will do just fine. You will be limitied however to some rides due to age & height restrictions.

For me, I find water parks with small children rather exhausting,,,

We went to TL last year both girls were 2. They absolutely loved it!! In fact we cancelled our PS for that evening because we stayed later than planned. One of my girls hated pretty much everything about WDW, the rides, the characters, the heat and crowds. TL was the only place she didnt cry.

We didn't go to the wave pool. We stayed in the kiddie area (which is large) and the lazy river. The chairs in the kiddie area are low to the ground and we were right on top of where they were.

I haven't been to BB and I'm thinking of checking it out this year. We will definately go back to TL again since I know it was a hit!

Have fun!

It's a must for us to go to one or both for our visits to WDW. Go for it.

If it is included in the type of ticket you are purchasing, I would say at go and give it a try. A water park is a must for our family ever since our DSs were your children's ages. They are 14 and 15 now and it is still the highlight of our trips.....but then, I swear I find fins growing out of them in the summer! ;)

Just rememeber the sunscreen! Oh and believe me, your little ones will sleep like a log that night!!!! :):)

Have a great trip,
Karen

Forgot to mention - do not forget the water shoes. They are a must. Cannot walk without them.

Our family also loves TL. It's one of the highlights of our trip. I would definitely recomend it for your family.::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter