WATERPROOF phone case

jltdone

Mouseketeer
Im just curious as to what people use for a WATERPROOF case for there cell phones. Im looking for one that I can use in the pool and the lazy river. Im not going scuba diving. Just maybe the lagoon and rainbow reef.
Thanks
Jay

I used the "TeaTronics Floating Waterproof Case,Waterproof Phone Case IPX8 Waterproof Phone Pouch Available TPU Clear Dry Bag" from Amazon all around Aulani and Oahu just last week. I had my phone in this around my neck in the lazy river, pools, lagoon. It takes a minute to get used to just letting your phone drop into the water but it worked great and I had no problems at all.

I got Anker phone cases for us off Amazon. I figured they were a reputable brand as I've purchased their batteries and flashlights before and have been pleased by their products. It worked beautifully in the lazy river, the lagoon, pools, and the hot tub for us. Before the trip, I tested them in a long bath - I put a paper towel in each of them and submerged them in the water for around 30 minutes. When the paper towels came out dry, I knew I was safe for use at Aulani!

One thing of note - the lazy river has some parts where strong water pressure flows from spouts above, like a fake waterfall. (I'm not describing it properly but hopefully you know what I'm talking about! Like when you enter the faux caves!) Probably best to avoid those. You can test for submersion against certain depths - which is what phone companies do when marketing waterproof phones - but not sure how well these cases fare under strong water pressure. Perhaps you could do a test with really strong pressure from a showerhead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter