Way Out Here, Eh? - A June 2019 TR *PTR Link Posted

I definitely don’t miss the days when my youngest needed eye drops before his eye tests! He was like a slippery eel with a tiger’s temper and an absolute nightmare to give eyedrops and it wasn’t helped at all by the audience of optician and the student optician that we’re usually in attendance

Who all just watch on as you struggle to hold them down.... :rolleyes:

This reminds me of the time my husband wanted to buy our youngest a light-up toy one evening in Epcot and he told us “no thanks”. We were gutted he’d decided he was too old for one

Ouch, I didn't even think of that one happening. :sad:

I know how that goes....before you know it you will be letting them go off on their own to areas of the park.

That's going to be a tough one to process. Alex and I are at that point where we daydream about time in the parks to ourselves. We forget that there's going to come a point where we'll have to beg the kids to hang with us.

It's hard when they are in school though, you are so limited as to when you can travel.

We debated long and hard about whether or not to put the kids in British schools, but ultimately decided it against it because we didn't want to fight a separate school schedule. There would have been many occasions where Alex had time off but the kids didn't and vice versa. And had we chosen the British school route, we wouldn't be able to fly back in June for the cousins meetup, so it was a good decision.

Elizabeth does better if she lays down with her eyes closed and I put the drops in the corner of her eyes and then she opens her eyes. When she opens her eyes the drops then go in the eye. She fights much less this way.

That's definitely the easiest approach. I can get Landon to take regular eye drops that way, but this antibiotic medicine he was on after his surgery was so thick that we struggled to get it to roll.

Lol! At least Landon still loves Disney!

True.
Evie is 40 inches now, and Alex and I think we are going to go into future trips completely different now. A new phase of Disney touring.

It's great to prebook your favorite rides but it's hard to explain to little kids why they can only ride their favorites once or why they have to wait to ride again and then you walk across the park 9000 times.

We explained to Landon that the ride situation was a good lesson in patience and appreciation. He had to understand that sometimes you gotta take what you get and be grateful for it. Really hard concept for a kid to grasp, though.

she looks so grown up in it!

:sad:

Glad you could get another FP to ride YOU KNOW WHAT to make Landon happy! Sounds like a good afternoon!

Sorry Landon's overeating caused you to miss some alone time with Alex :(

We all really enjoyed exploring Toy Story Land and getting so much accomplished. It's now one of our favorite places in the parks.

Trader Sam's eluded us again! :rotfl:

Ah the sign of the greatest love 😂

Disney parents...they might not be perfect, but they get Fastpasses for their kids' favorite attractions. :laughing:

10 years from now Evie reads this TR.. Mom you called me a what??

Without A/C in the summers here in Europe, I tend to say they're little furnaces every time they want to cuddle. It's not always hot out, but when it is my kids want to hang onto me...

If we have kids I'm not really sure how well I'll do with the whole 'growing up' thing. I bet it's hard, but also cool in the context of Disney to see how they change and what they grow to love and what's different each trip as they get older.

I don't really think about them growing up, because I'm around them all the time but when we get back to Disney it's kind of a stark reminder how fast they're growing. Even writing this report 6 months after the fact, I can see how Evie is going to be a different gal come our June '20 trip.

The two of us were entering a new phase of Disney park touring. That of “Visiting with School-Aged Kids.”

With reluctance, I accepted that the struggles from before were being replaced with a new variety of obstacles. Alex and I would now have to endure whining and fear and grumpiness from two people who were developing their own tastes and preferences and apprehensions.
Welcome to the club! Good luck. You're gonna need it!
This is how much I love you, kid. I fought the madness that is MDE and pulled all my patience to get you another ride on TSMM.
He has no idea what you went through to make it happen for him.
WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?! Every year, I tell myself not to suffer through summertime in Florida with small children. And yet, almost every summer I find myself back in the parks, toting around a little furnace in 100 degree heat.

Will I never learn???
Speaking from personal experience... nope!
“You’re not allowed to ask to go on YOU KNOW WHAT anymore today!”
Good luck with that!
But it was close and convenient and relatively cheap. Couldn’t ask for more.
Those are some hard criteria to beat.
Unfortunately, Landon’s eyes were bigger than his stomach and he ended up eating too much food, too quickly. This resulted in a mess and an early night on our part. Originally, Alex and I were supposed to leave the kids in the room with my mom and walk over to the Polynesian to visit Trader Sam’s, but with Landon’s incident I felt better just staying back in the room and calling it an early night.
Yikes... that's rough. Sorry it happened, but hopefully it wasn't something that caused too much of a problem.

I've enjoyed getting caught up on your report.

I don't think we have ever seen any stars in Disney, you so lucky! Very cool to see the stars of Toy Story in Toy Story Land. We visited TSL for the first time in December. There is is just so much fun to see. We enjoyed Andy's Toy Box but the table situation was rough. I love that Evie is so into the Disney costumes. She has style! I have yet to successfully use the FP drop system but intent to keep trying.

Your many trips sound so fun especially Scotland. I'm glad you'll get a little Disney time too.

Haha I feel like I'm always excited for the prospect of bringing our kids to the park and experiencing the magic with them...but then I remember they'll have actual wants and needs and it will definitely be different! Lol

The pic with evie is so cute!

Who all just watch on as you struggle to hold them down.... :rolleyes:
Yep & look at you as if your child is the only angel that behaves that way! :sad2:
Ouch, I didn't even think of that one happening. :sad:
Dear love him he caught a glimpse of our disappointment and said he’d get one if we really wanted him to:rotfl:We said no😂
Disney parents...they might not be perfect, but they get Fastpasses for their kids' favorite attractions. :laughing:
Exactly!!:thumbsup2
Without A/C in the summers here in Europe, I tend to say they're little furnaces every time they want to cuddle. It's not always hot out, but when it is my kids want to hang onto me...

I may have used the lure of A/C to boost my reasons for a trip to WDW ;):thumbsup2

I think you made a good call on the school situation. I have friends in England and their schools seem really strict about taking kids out of school during term time.

After being off again for a bit, it's time to play that catch up game. ;) So mostly reading and leaving a note to say I'm caught up and still enjoying. :)

The bit about "The Ride That Shall Not Be Named"... LOL! Kids these days are so relentless! :laughing:

Leaving Toy Story Land, I was gifted with Landon tugging my hand and saying, “Why are we leaving? I wanted to go back on Toy Story Mania. Mooooom, can’t we just go back?”

I feel like i am just laughing at all these updates!

With reluctance, I accepted that the struggles from before were being replaced with a new variety of obstacles. Alex and I would now have to endure whining and fear and grumpiness from two people who were developing their own tastes and preferences and apprehensions.

here i am laughing at what is my life! DIllon is 5 going on 15 and i feel like this is my life EVERY DAY!

We left the theater at 1:05 and had to head back into Toy Story Land. For the third time…. Good grief, we were all over the park that morning!

I feel like this is me all the time! Like it never stops! I am always criss crossing the park!

WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?! Every year, I tell myself not to suffer through summertime in Florida with small children. And yet, almost every summer I find myself back in the parks, toting around a little furnace in 100 degree heat.

Will I never learn???

Nope! Hard no you will not learn!
No Way Smh GIF by Desus & Mero

If anything, this second turn on the ride made Landon love it even more, and the conversation was nothing but Toy Story this and Toy Story that for the rest of the day. Alex got so sick of it that he banned the ride name for the rest of the afternoon.

“You’re not allowed to ask to go on YOU KNOW WHAT anymore today!”

HAHAHAHHA :rotfl2:

Yikes... that's rough. Sorry it happened, but hopefully it wasn't something that caused too much of a problem.

After reading your latest update, it sounds like you had a similar incident. Although, nobody put dessert on top of my kid's mess. :rolleyes:

I don't think we have ever seen any stars in Disney, you so lucky! Very cool to see the stars of Toy Story in Toy Story Land. We visited TSL for the first time in December. There is is just so much fun to see. We enjoyed Andy's Toy Box but the table situation was rough. I love that Evie is so into the Disney costumes. She has style! I have yet to successfully use the FP drop system but intent to keep trying.

TSL is such a fun land to walk around and explore. Definitely my favorite part of DHS now.

Every time I read about you and your girls coordinating outfits for trips I think, "Oh man, Evie is going to want us to do that one day." I'll probably have to ask for advice here.

Haha I feel like I'm always excited for the prospect of bringing our kids to the park and experiencing the magic with them...but then I remember they'll have actual wants and needs and it will definitely be different! Lol

The pic with evie is so cute!

Alex and I were so excited to start bringing the kids to Disney....now we're so excited about taking trips without them. :rotfl2:
It's just a different dynamic, and we appreciate getting both sorts of vacations.

I may have used the lure of A/C to boost my reasons for a trip to WDW ;):thumbsup2

I think you made a good call on the school situation. I have friends in England and their schools seem really strict about taking kids out of school during term time.

A neighbor and I were trying to decide where to put our girls next year, and we went to an open house at the primary school in our neighborhood. It was there they told us we'd be fined 50 pounds per student per unexcused absence. :faint:
The school liaison told us this was because schools here go off a rating system and absences are part of that rating, but regardless. That was too steep for me!

After being off again for a bit, it's time to play that catch up game. ;) So mostly reading and leaving a note to say I'm caught up and still enjoying. :)

I feel like my DIS relationship now is comprised of scrambling to catch up, promising myself I won't fall behind again, then getting pulled away for a week or so due to real life, and repeating the whole process over again. :laughing:

here i am laughing at what is my life! DIllon is 5 going on 15 and i feel like this is my life EVERY DAY!

Most days I don't miss the diaper changing/lack of sleep baby stage....but then that school aged attitude comes out and I'm like, "Man, life was a lot easier when you didn't spend twenty minutes arguing with me about putting your clothes away." :sad2:

Nope! Hard no you will not learn!

I guess not since I'm going back this June! :rotfl:

June 9, 2019 Part 1:

Believe it or not, my family didn’t visit the Magic Kingdom until the third day of our trip. With two little kids, I’m not sure how I managed to stay away for that long; I suppose the excitement of Toy Story Land and my mom’s birthday helped them forget what they were missing.

A good night’s rest left Landon in tip top shape, and we were all ready to leave the room bright and early. When staying at Shades, there are two options to get to the Magic Kingdom. You can either take a bus to the Ticket and Transportation Center and use the ferry or monorail, or you can walk to the Polynesian and take a travel method from that resort. (There is a golf cart during peak hours that will drive you to the end of the Shades property, as well, in order to shorten the walk. However, it doesn’t run in bad weather.)

I have used both forms many times and found it's easiest to walk to the Poly in the morning hours, when the sun hasn’t fully risen and feet are fresh.

Not to mention, the quiet hours of the Polynesian as the grounds are first beginning to buzz are my favorite.

If you’re not toting tiny humans or heavy bags are you even a DISdad??? :rotfl:

Whether I like it or not, Shades of Green seems to be my “home” resort. It’s the place I’m most knowledgeable on and have spent the most amount of nights at. You got Shades questions, I probably have the answers…

The Polynesian was nice and quiet when my group walked into the lobby. As always, I paused to take in the bright colors and serene background music. I even admired the light shades by the elevators:

I also spent the duration of the walk from the first floor lobby to the monorail security check telling my mom how one day her and I were going to stay at there. We were going to sit by the pool with Dole Whips in hand and watch the MK fireworks over the water of Bay Lake.

My mom, like always, smiled and listened patiently to my grand dreams. She’s so tolerant of my wishful musings.

Our monorail journey to the Magic Kingdom was uneventful. Nothing of note happened, and we were through the tapstiles and onto Main Street in no time.

As any Disney loving mother will do on her first visit of the trip to the park, I made my kids stand in the street and take some group shots.

I have gotten some real gems from these pre-park opening Main Street shots in the past. Some of my favorites, actually.

But alas, the kids were not having it this day.

Evie was downright grumpy.

We had a breakfast coming up and so skipped eating in the room that morning, which Evie did not like. She was hungry. And not in the mood to smile for pictures.

“Evie, we’re at Disney! We’re inside the Magic Kingdom.”

*Glares*

“We’re going to go on the carousel, meet princesses, eat lots of good food!”

*Continues to glare*

I wanted us to get the usual assortment of photographs and just had to tell the kids they had to suck it up and stand for a few minutes. Which resulted in a series of art I like to call: Frowning through the Generations.

Here we have:
Frowning with the Wise Old Woman:

Next we have:
Frowning with the Matriarch and Patriarch

About the time Alex and I were standing behind the kids whispering through posed smiles, “Just give us one smile and we can be done. Children, work with us!” a nice gentleman Cast Member walked up to my mother. He admonished us for leaving grandma out of the family shot and offered to take a group picture.

The only reason we got a semi-decent expression out of Evie was because the Cast Member was waving a strand of Mickey stickers in his hand, promising both kids a ream if they cooperated. This man knew the way to a kid’s heart.

Straight up bribery.
:rotfl2:

After he handed our camera back to us, he pointed to the Rose Garden and told us to stick around, a wedding ceremony was about to happen and the bride would be arriving in a carriage.

This was music to Evie’s ears, and she asked if we could stay and wait for the horses to walk up Main Street. We agreed and let them roam around until it was time.

Not long later, the wedding party arrived. One of the girls was wearing a Belle dress and a man was in a Beast tux. We thought it was the bride and groom but then we saw who we assumed was the bride in the carriage in a big white ballgown. So we could only assume she had her Maid of Honor and Best Man dress up in Beauty and the Beast attire.

Seeing the pretty gowns and steady horses put Evie in a much better mood.

It was a shame I couldn’t take advantage of the happier spirits and grab a few more shots, but our breakfast reservation had come due and it was time to go eat!

Continued in Next Post:

Continued From Previous Post:

One of my favorite breakfast restaurants on Disney property is the Crystal Palace, and I try to eat there every trip. I find the food to be varied and delicious, the buffet lines clean, and the seating area relatively quiet but not uncomfortable for kids.

We were seated at a small round table that was awkwardly close to the table next to us. Thankfully, our server noticed how familiar I was getting with the grandmother beside me and insisted he move us several inches to the right. He explained that the cleaners come in at night and move the furniture around to vacuum and don’t always put the tables back in the right spot.

I took Landon and Evie to get their plates of food first. With very firm instructions to Landon to moderate himself. That boy has no control at buffets. Especially breakfast ones, and I wasn’t having a repeat of the night before.

Buffets are great in the sense that you get to pick and choose what you want to eat, but they are a nightmare with six year olds. Landon wanted to hold his plate and dish his own food, but he was notorious for forgetting to hold his plate straight. So I spent the entire time in the line straightening his wrist before the grapes on his plate rolled onto the carpet, all while apologizing to the guests behind us for my son taking twelve years to pick up a waffle.

Giving up control and allowing kids to gain independence is a hard transition!

I returned the kids to the table and had time to get my own breakfast fare before the characters started appearing.

I stuck with the eggs and cheesy casseroles and tomatoes and regretted nothing. All were delicious and exactly as I remembered them from previous visits.

It wasn’t long before Winnie the Pooh and friends began showing up and my kids promptly forgot all about their food in lieu of cuddly hugs.

Tigger was the last to arrive, and Landon and Evie grabbed a quick picture of him before he moved on to the table next to us.

There was a young boy of about one or two sitting to our right, and up until this point he wanted nothing to do with the characters. His parents had to wave them away, because he was not having any of their antics. However, when Tigger arrived the boy lost his mind. He became so excited! Wouldn’t stop hugging him and petting his fur and smiling from ear to ear.

The parents and grandmother were over the moon seeing the kid’s reaction. One heard my mom and me Oooh and Awww over the interaction and leaned over to tell us that Tigger was his favorite character of all time. That he slept with a small plush Tigger since he was a baby.

You could tell this meet meant just as much to the family members as it did to the little boy, and it was such a joy to witness. I love seeing guests make Disney memories, and I hope it set the family on the right foot for having an incredible Magic Kingdom day.

Then, not long after Tigger moved on, the dad came back from a buffet run and he was carrying a bowl filled to the brim with ice cream. His wife looked at him and said, “Really?”

He replied with: “Hey, I’m on vacation. I can have ice cream for breakfast!”

::yes::

And for some reason this amused me and my mom to no end.

We were at Disney.

Ice cream for breakfast is totally allowed.

Especially when the recipient looks so excited to be doing it, like he was getting away with sneaking cookies from the cookie jar…

If that wasn’t enough entertainment for one meal, another gentleman sitting behind us ate nothing but cereal for his meal. He had no less than three bowls, and at first Alex wondered why someone would spend so much money to eat there and only get cereal. But after a moment he decided that cereal was probably a treat for the gentleman and that was his way of splurging, as well.

Go big when you’re at Disney.

To some that means sharing a hug with Tigger. To others it’s eating sugary sweets for breakfast.

Disney doesn’t discern.

Our meal complete, we left Crystal Palace and headed towards Fantasyland. I grabbed this photo to show you guys how frugal I have become:

I brought a few sandwich baggies with me and packed a couple croissants in them, along with a few bananas, for later. I can never eat enough at buffets to get my money’s worth, and I didn’t think Disney would mind me taking a few pastries for the road, to have as a midday snack later.

One of our traditional shots in years past has been Alex and Landon with the sword in the stone. The first year we took the photo, the sword came out and turned into a memorable moment. @StarWarsMomofGirls! warned me before the trip that they now kept a cover over the sword, so when we walked back behind the castle I was thrilled to see the cover was off!

Go up there quick, boys, and smile for me!

Sure enough, a few minutes after we left the actors came out and did their show, then the sword was covered again. It was straight up luck that we were able to capture another trip’s photo with it!

Continuing with “traditional shots” it was also mentioned on my PTR that I start getting photos with Evie on her favorite ride, the carousel. So that’s where we headed next.

There was a very kind woman next to me on the attraction that offered to take our picture, and I’m forever grateful to her for her kindness.

After our ride on Evie’s beloved horse, it was time for another classic.

No trip to the Magic Kingdom is complete without riding It’s a Small World!

And yes, my kids banished Alex and I again. We had pretty much accepted this fate by now.

Up Next…Rapunzel’s a Chatty Kathy

Evie's grumpy face will be funny to show her when she's older!

Pretty cool to see a wedding ceremony happen, and glad it perked Evie up!

I'm with you, Crystal Palace breakfast is the best! You got some cute character pics!

What a fun morning so far! I absolutely love that pic of you and Evie on the carousel.

We were going to sit by the pool with Dole Whips in hand and watch the MK fireworks over the water of Bay Lake.
This is truly the dream.

New fave photo from the TR.

This man knew the way to a kid’s heart.

Straight up bribery.
It's funny because it's true :rotfl:

Not long later, the wedding party arrived. One of the girls was wearing a Belle dress and a man was in a Beast tux. We thought it was the bride and groom but then we saw who we assumed was the bride in the carriage in a big white ballgown. So we could only assume she had her Maid of Honor and Best Man dress up in Beauty and the Beast attire.
Whoa cool!

It wasn’t long before Winnie the Pooh and friends began showing up and my kids promptly forgot all about their food in lieu of cuddly hugs.
Oh my goodness look at those smiles!!

Especially when the recipient looks so excited to be doing it, like he was getting away with sneaking cookies from the cookie jar…
Hahaha I can picture this face exactly, it's quintessential Disney :earboy2:

Go big when you’re at Disney.
Let's just blow everyone's minds and eat ice cream topped with cereal for breakfast.

I grabbed this photo to show you guys how frugal I have become:
That's not frugal, that's straight up SMART

There was a very kind woman next to me on the attraction that offered to take our picture, and I’m forever grateful to her for her kindness.
How sweet, and what an adorable picture!!

And yes, my kids banished Alex and I again. We had pretty much accepted this fate by now.
Oh man your mom just looks so happy :lovestruc

I have used both forms many times and found it's easiest to walk to the Poly in the morning hours, when the sun hasn’t fully risen and feet are fresh.
It is such a pretty walk!
The Polynesian was nice and quiet when my group walked into the lobby. As always, I paused to take in the bright colors and serene background music. I even admired the light shades by the elevators:
I love the Poly lobby when it is quiet.
I also spent the duration of the walk from the first floor lobby to the monorail security check telling my mom how one day her and I were going to stay at there. We were going to sit by the pool with Dole Whips in hand and watch the MK fireworks over the water of Bay Lake.
One day it will happen!
Those faces!!
“Evie, we’re at Disney! We’re inside the Magic Kingdom.”

*Glares*

“We’re going to go on the carousel, meet princesses, eat lots of good food!”

*Continues to glare*

I wanted us to get the usual assortment of photographs and just had to tell the kids they had to suck it up and stand for a few minutes. Which resulted in a series of art I like to call: Frowning through the Generations.
Best. Ever. Pictures. So funny!

This was music to Evie’s ears, and she asked if we could stay and wait for the horses to walk up Main Street. We agreed and let them roam around until it was time.
Cutie!
Buffets are great in the sense that you get to pick and choose what you want to eat, but they are a nightmare with six year olds. Landon wanted to hold his plate and dish his own food, but he was notorious for forgetting to hold his plate straight. So I spent the entire time in the line straightening his wrist before the grapes on his plate rolled onto the carpet, all while apologizing to the guests behind us for my son taking twelve years to pick up a waffle.
It's such a ine line, you want them to be independent but you need to watch them so carefully without appearing to do so.
Tigger was the last to arrive, and Landon and Evie grabbed a quick picture of him before he moved on to the table next to us.
Love the character pics!
You could tell this meet meant just as much to the family members as it did to the little boy, and it was such a joy to witness. I love seeing guests make Disney memories, and I hope it set the family on the right foot for having an incredible Magic Kingdom day.
Loved that story, thanks fro sharing!
And for some reason this amused me and my mom to no end.

We were at Disney.

Ice cream for breakfast is totally allowed.

:rotfl:
Go up there quick, boys, and smile for me!
Great shot!
That was so lovely!
I love the special relationship they have with your mom. :goodvibes

I don’t blame Landon, I love TSMM! Good job getting the 4th FP for it!
I agree about the Florida summer heat! We go every year in August and sometimes I wonder why, haha!
Love the Incredible photo shoot and Buzz!
The kids do grow up fast, enjoy every minute even when you can’t :lmao:

I love CP breakfast, we have one in March on our last day!
The little boy and Tigger, melt your heart ❤️
Evie looks so much happier on the Carousel, wonderful picture of you two!

Well, eventually the tiny humans become not-so-tiny and can walk and haul their own bags. But until they reach that point...
My mom, like always, smiled and listened patiently to my grand dreams. She’s so tolerant of my wishful musings.
That's what moms do. They listen and encourage our dreams and aspirations.
Which resulted in a series of art I like to call: Frowning through the Generations.
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:
This man knew the way to a kid’s heart.

Straight up bribery.
That's the only language they understand. And they only understand it when they want to.
I took Landon and Evie to get their plates of food first. With very firm instructions to Landon to moderate himself. That boy has no control at buffets. Especially breakfast ones, and I wasn’t having a repeat of the night before.
Yikes! Did you have to set a one plate limit? :lmao:
The parents and grandmother were over the moon seeing the kid’s reaction. One heard my mom and me Oooh and Awww over the interaction and leaned over to tell us that Tigger was his favorite character of all time. That he slept with a small plush Tigger since he was a baby.

That is incredible! It really looks like you had an enjoyable breakfast. Not just for you and your family, but to be able to witness joy from others around you rather than dealing with grumpy or rude guests. That's just a breath of fresh air and a great way to start the day off at MK on the right foot!
I like the way he thinks!
I can never eat enough at buffets to get my money’s worth, and I didn’t think Disney would mind me taking a few pastries for the road, to have as a midday snack later.
What they don't know won't hurt them. Besides, for what it costs to eat there...

I love people watching at meals! It's funny because I always know my mom is watching the same thing I am but if it's just DH and I he'll be completely oblivious to whatever I'm watching 🤣 I wonder if the family didn't want to meet anyone but Tigger during their meal. Glad the boy was excited to see him like they must have thought he'd be! My mom once went through alllll the trouble of literally making a Barney costume for my Dad to wear for my second birthday party because I loved him so much and I freaked out when I saw him LOL

Love the traditional photos! I don't think I knew that the sword came out the first time you took the photo! So cool! And the one of you and Evie that the person took melts my heart! So cute!!

TSL is such a fun land to walk around and explore. Definitely my favorite part of DHS now.

We really enjoyed it too!

Every time I read about you and your girls coordinating outfits for trips I think, "Oh man, Evie is going to want us to do that one day." I'll probably have to ask for advice here.

I can't wait to see you & Evie coordinating your outfits. Michelle is the expert.

Love this photo!

Is this a hint about your June trip?

The only reason we got a semi-decent expression out of Evie was because the Cast Member was waving a strand of Mickey stickers in his hand, promising both kids a ream if they cooperated. This man knew the way to a kid’s heart.

Straight up bribery.

Much better photo! We use bribery all the time. I would not have gotten out of the house today without it. I had JP last night & had to drop him off at school today and get to work on time.

After he handed our camera back to us, he pointed to the Rose Garden and told us to stick around, a wedding ceremony was about to happen and the bride would be arriving in a carriage.

How cool! We caught a pre-opening wedding on our tip in December.

YES it is!

These are all good. Evie looks so happy.

There was a young boy of about one or two sitting to our right, and up until this point he wanted nothing to do with the characters. His parents had to wave them away, because he was not having any of their antics. However, when Tigger arrived the boy lost his mind. He became so excited! Wouldn’t stop hugging him and petting his fur and smiling from ear to ear.

I love this! It reminds me of JP's reaction on his first trip to Pooh and the gang.

Then, not long after Tigger moved on, the dad came back from a buffet run and he was carrying a bowl filled to the brim with ice cream. His wife looked at him and said, “Really?”

:rotfl2: Chef Mickey's was our first ever breakfast buffet and yes ice cream was eaten.

Our meal complete, we left Crystal Palace and headed towards Fantasyland. I grabbed this photo to show you guys how frugal I have become:

Totally approve.

One of our traditional shots in years past has been Alex and Landon with the sword in the stone. The first year we took the photo, the sword came out and turned into a memorable moment. @StarWarsMomofGirls! warned me before the trip that they now kept a cover over the sword, so when we walked back behind the castle I was thrilled to see the cover was off!

So glad this worked out for y'all.

Very cute photo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!