Way Out Here, Eh? - A June 2019 TR *Updated 2/13 x2

luvpoohandcompany

DIS Veteran
Bit rushed this morning but just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your latest updates and photos :goodvibes I love Evie’s expressions every single time lol. Hope that’s your Poly dreams come true:shamrock:

MyGoofy26

DIS Veteran
Love reading your reports. Especially now that I’m three months away from taking my daughter on her first trip. I never realized how many adults only trip reports were on this board til I tried to find kid/toddler ones. So thank you for writing this one as I impatiently wait for May. 😂

She’ll be 16 months and is all about Mickey and Minnie right now, so I’m hoping for a Tigger moment like your breakfast neighbors.

• lvcourtneyy

DIS Veteran
    Omg :rotfl: :rotfl: definitely one for the wedding slideshow later on.

Which resulted in a series of art I like to call: Frowning through the Generations.
    :rotfl::rotfl:

Cast Member was waving a strand of Mickey stickers in his hand, promising both kids a ream if they cooperated. This man knew the way to a kid’s heart.
    Very smart man.

Thankfully, our server noticed how familiar I was getting with the grandmother beside me and insisted he move us several inches to the right.
    That's great. It's small things like this that make servers awesome.

He replied with: “Hey, I’m on vacation. I can have ice cream for breakfast!”
    I'm with him!

amazingact21

Upendi
    Evie's grumpy face will be funny to show her when she's older!
    I can only hope she becomes happier to go to the MK as she gets older.

I'm with you, Crystal Palace breakfast is the best! You got some cute character pics!
    To me, Crystal Palace is quintessential Disney. :goodvibes

This is truly the dream.
    I feel like I've had this Disney goal for years. I'm hoping one day I can make it happen!

That's not frugal, that's straight up SMART
    My mother in-law was so pleased when I asked if she was hungry and whipped out a bag full of snacks. :rotfl2:

Oh man your mom just looks so happy
    I am pretty sure riding Small World with her grandkids is her favorite Disney experience.

amazingact21

Upendi
    I love the Poly lobby when it is quiet.
    It can get really loud in there during the daytime, so it's nice to enjoy it when everything is calm and quiet.

One day it will happen!
    I stay positive that my mom and I can make the trip happen one day.

Best. Ever. Pictures. So funny!
    Sometimes, kids just aren't going to cooperate. :rotfl:

Loved that story, thanks fro sharing!
    It's fun when you get to see the Disney magic take hold of other guests. How wonderful is it to be in a place where people are smiling and creating special family memories? :goodvibes

I love the special relationship they have with your mom.
    I love that my kids are so close to my mom. I hope they always remain close and I can keep taking them home for visits.

I agree about the Florida summer heat! We go every year in August and sometimes I wonder why, haha!
    Love the Incredible photo shoot and Buzz!
    The kids do grow up fast, enjoy every minute even when you can’t
    I feel like every summer I go, "We should switch it up and go during the wintertime." Then I get home and plan a trip during the summer. :laughing:
    Although, I will admit that I love warm weather and would take a humid Florida day over the cold any day of the week. Living in England has been missing that muggy sunshine more than ever!

amazingact21

Upendi
    I love CP breakfast, we have one in March on our last day!
    It's a classic Disney restaurant. I try to eat there every trip, because it's such a wonderful part of a MK day.

Well, eventually the tiny humans become not-so-tiny and can walk and haul their own bags. But until they reach that point...
    I look forward to that day... As it stands, Landon's still handing his backpack to me as he gets off the bus. Better to run and play with his friends during the walk home. :rolleyes:

I like the way he thinks!
    Let's be real. Is the ice cream really any worse than a large serving of the puffed french toast?? :rotfl2:

• amazingact21

Upendi
    I love people watching at meals! It's funny because I always know my mom is watching the same thing I am but if it's just DH and I he'll be completely oblivious to whatever I'm watching
    YES!
    It's the exact same with my mom and Alex. He's always off in his own little world, but my mom is on the same page as me. 😆

Love the traditional photos! I don't think I knew that the sword came out the first time you took the photo! So cool!
    One of our favorite Disney memories.

I can't wait to see you & Evie coordinating your outfits. Michelle is the expert.
    It'll be Evie doing all the planning and execution. I will just be along for the ride. :rotfl:

Is this a hint about your June trip?
    I wish. We're staying at our reliable Shades again, but my mom and I are still hopeful that a Mom/Daughter involving the Poly will happen in the next few years.

We use bribery all the time. I would not have gotten out of the house today without it. I had JP last night & had to drop him off at school today and get to work on time.
    Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Chef Mickey's was our first ever breakfast buffet and yes ice cream was eaten.
    This is great. Such a treat at Disney. (And probably no worse than a big plate of pancakes or pastries.)

amazingact21

Upendi
    Thankfully here schools are usually ok as long as you talk to them first and have a reasonable excuse for taking them out-like being an American and needing to visit family!
    The schools around here are understanding when it's illness and/or emergencies, but they've kind of become tired of Americans pulling their kids out for American holidays. Which I can kind of understand, but it definitely makes it easier to have them in an American school for those occasions. Both Alex and the kids had a four day weekend around our Thanksgiving, and that allowed us to go up to Scotland. Had they been in the Brit school, Alex would have been at home and they wouldn't. (Meaning, Alex would have been underfoot driving me crazy. :rotfl2: )

Bit rushed this morning but just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your latest updates and photos :goodvibes I love Evie’s expressions every single time lol. Hope that’s your Poly dreams come true:shamrock:
    Thanks. She sure is a character.
    I'd love to take my mom to the Poly, but man it's hard to spend that kind of money on a hotel. :faint: One day, though...

amazingact21

Upendi
    Love reading your reports. Especially now that I’m three months away from taking my daughter on her first trip. I never realized how many adults only trip reports were on this board til I tried to find kid/toddler ones. So thank you for writing this one as I impatiently wait for May. 😂

She’ll be 16 months and is all about Mickey and Minnie right now, so I’m hoping for a Tigger moment like your breakfast neighbors.
    Hi! Thanks for reading and following along! I'm glad my kids' crazy antics can be of help. 😆 I feel like when you travel to Disney with kids, getting as many tips as possible is key. However, every kid is different, and you have to be prepared for any sort of reaction. They keep you on your toes...

I hope you get some great photos with Mickey and Minnie! Hopefully your daughter will be so excited to see her favorite characters in real life. :goodvibes

That's great. It's small things like this that make servers awesome.
    True. It's amazing what little things like noticing the table or guaranteeing a ride on Soarin' can do to a meal experience.

I'm with him!
    The more I think about this guy and his ice cream, the more I think about the times I ate wayyyy to many chocolate croissants and blueberry pastries and think, "They were probably the same amount of carbs/sugars." :rotfl2:

Steppesister

DIS Veteran
    Thankful I'm only one update behind!

I love the stories you shared from the Crystal Palace. Such wonderful testiments to folks having a good time THEIR way with no regrets or judgement.

Evie's faces... OH MY!! :lmao:

The sword photo is precious! I'm SO glad you scored with that one again this year. :)

• amazingact21

Upendi
    Thankful I'm only one update behind!

I love the stories you shared from the Crystal Palace. Such wonderful testiments to folks having a good time THEIR way with no regrets or judgement.

Evie's faces... OH MY!! :lmao:

The sword photo is precious! I'm SO glad you scored with that one again this year. :)

My DIS time has been lagging this winter, so I'm lucky if I post an update once a week! Just not enough free time in the day...

I am going to keep holding out hope that we can catch the sword when it's uncovered so I can recreate this photo for as long as Landon will allow it.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.