WAY TO Early Riviera Price per Point Guesstimate

Why was it important for the CCV and BRV point charts to match? Does that mean they would keep BRV's point chart the same when they reboot after the existing contract expires? It seems like they could make an argument that they didn't increase the CCV point chart because the rooms are small and lower capacity than BRV. Although at the same time, they could've increase it slightly since the rooms are in the main building.

The smaller size is exactly why they matched the point chart. Main building location is what pulled it up to be level with BRV, despite the smaller accomodations.

I'm going to go in the opposite direction and bet on $145 a point on the basis I think we are heading fast towards another major worldwide recession,

I'm going to go in the opposite direction and bet on $145 a point on the basis I think we are heading fast towards another major worldwide recession,

Something would really have to go wonky for that to happen. BLT started at $112 a point in 2008, when we were in the midst of hopefully a historically significant recession. That was record asking price for DVC at the time. It still sold out.

Why was it important for the CCV and BRV point charts to match? Does that mean they would keep BRV's point chart the same when they reboot after the existing contract expires? It seems like they could make an argument that they didn't increase the CCV point chart because the rooms are small and lower capacity than BRV. Although at the same time, they could've increase it slightly since the rooms are in the main building.
Maybe because it would have been very difficult to sell the new resort once prospects saw a big difference between the points per night cost. Think about it - same resort, same amenities, and less sleeping capacity at the new resort vs the existing resort. The only difference on the plus side for the new resort would be the cabins, rooms in the main building and 3 bedroom villas. That doesn't seem like enough meaningful difference to justify a higher buy-in and points per night cost for the villa sizes most buyers want (studios, 1 & 2 bedrooms).

I tend to agree with you on the recession thing. Scary.

$195 per point and a point chart like BLT. This keeps them under that scary sounding $200 per point while still requiring a lot of points to stay at.

It will be interesting to see just how deluxe they make it. VGF level or CCR level.

$195 per point and a point chart like BLT. This keeps them under that scary sounding $200 per point while still requiring a lot of points to stay at.

It will be interesting to see just how deluxe they make it. VGF level or CCR level.

I hope they have a variety of view options like BLT or AKV. That would presumably provide some opportunities for cheaper rooms; it'd be an additional incentive to own there too.

Just wanted to put my .02 cents worth back into this thread...
I still think as CCV is selling and 1/2 sold out already!!!!...
The cost of Rivera would be $197ish... Just below the magical $200/point to entice buyers... But with the economy doing well and Star Wars Land opening and The "Skyway" opening, and Toy Story Land already open, it could be more than $200/point. The jury is out as to the "Skyway" will be a hit or miss...

As for point charts, I think it would be around the same as CCV and BRV.. But just a guess....

Stay Tuned!!

DeerH

Just wanted to put my .02 cents worth back into this thread...
I still think as CCV is selling and 1/2 sold out already!!!!...
The cost of Rivera would be $197ish... Just below the magical $200/point to entice buyers... But with the economy doing well and Star Wars Land opening and The "Skyway" opening, and Toy Story Land already open, it could be more than $200/point. The jury is out as to the "Skyway" will be a hit or miss...

As for point charts, I think it would be around the same as CCV and BRV.. But just a guess....

Stay Tuned!!

DeerH

Yeah I'm eating a little crow and agreeing with you. I went in saying "There's no way it sells for more than $185 a point" but DVC has really taken off, both in resale and direct, since then. Barring some major negative turn in the economy, I don't see why Disney would want to start the price off at less than $197 a point.

The real question is what will their new discounts be for Riveria?? They can price it at $5k a point but with discounts I bet the end result is in the $155 per point range.

Disney wants early sales to help offset costs and to get momentum going so they inflate the price and discount to what they need to get started. After interest increases, the discounts fade, they sell at the inflated price. If sales continue strong, they raise the price again.

:earsboy: Bill

Something would really have to go wonky for that to happen. BLT started at $112 a point in 2008, when we were in the midst of hopefully a historically significant recession. That was record asking price for DVC at the time. It still sold out.
Good point.

What will be the minimum amount of points to buy in do you think?:scratchin We have never added any additional points since 2008, is that considered an "add on"?:confused: THANKS in advance.:goodvibes:goodvibes

What will be the minimum amount of points to buy in do you think?:scratchin We have never added any additional points since 2008, is that considered an "add on"?:confused: THANKS in advance.:goodvibes:goodvibes

50 for members, 75-100 for new owners, if they keep in line with CCV.

$210 is my guess. They already burst the bubble with the sold resorts direct pricing. A good $ incentive, take away a resale perk et voilà! The carrot and the stick : D

50 for members, 75-100 for new owners, if they keep in line with CCV.
So for members as an add on, it will probably be 50. Do you have to purchase in increments of 25 or can you just for example purchase 80 points?:confused:
THANKS!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter