WDW 1st Day The Trip Over!

trudster

Mouseketeer
To give you some background, we have been holidaying in Orlando for the past seven years (we're Mickey Nuts). This is DD 1st trip 6mths old on day of travel. We booked our trip mostly via the web. The only thing we needed to book for DD was plane, which we did prior to her arrival, then contacted Delta to let them know her name etc.

DD Trudie
DH Alan
Me Jan

We arrived at Dublin airport on Saturday 14th Sept 9am for midday flight via Atlanta. Check in desk says no record of Trudie being booked on flight and that will be 400 euros please. We had been quoted 150 euros! DH says no way. Lucky thing is that he writes everything down and had names etc of the girl he had been speaking to on the phone. So one hour later Delta finally agrees to 100 euros payment for DD, for all the grief etc. The girl on the desk said that whoever DH had spoken to when he booked DD on plane probably hadn't bothered putting her on:mad: So we get to the gate and wait to board I mention to DH about skycot which was also prebooked, so he goes to check it out. Come's back and no we don't have a skycot but we'll try our best!! We get on the plane, we're four rows back from the bulkhead. By this time DH is mad anyway when he sits in his seat and realises his handset is broken well:bounce: He legs it up to the stewardess and says if they don't get us moved they can get us off the plane and our cases too. Low and behold 5 mins later 2 very nice people swap seats with us and I get a skycot for DD. It's not a great start to our holiday:rolleyes: Arrive Atlanta with no further probs. DD did very well on plane but I won't lie it was hard going being in such a confined space. Delayed leaving Atlanta- weather. Arrive Orlando 11pm, arrive Beach Club midnight with a very upset baby who just wants to sleep. Check in etc go to room, am not impressed. Everything I had read about BC rooms being scruffy before going was true. Put baby to bed anyway. Get something to eat and crash ourselves.

Well that's all for now. I know it's very detailed but I did hear somewhere you all like detail;)

Oh dear, this must have been so stressful - when you have a young baby with you, the last thing you need is for all this added hassle.
I am sorry to hear about the room at the Beach Club - I hope they switched you to a better room?

Oh Jan - I'm anxiously awaiting the next report to see that everything turned out ok in the end:confused: :confused:

Atleast the flight got sorted - eventually - but it is such a stressful time, especially when you'd both made sure it was all booked correctly:( .

But I'm thinking :D thoughts that the rest of the holiday will be good.

Thanks for the report Jan, we travel with Delta on Saturday never flown with them before, I know you had a bit of trouble at the beginning but were they friendly was the meal nice were the films any good :confused: lots of questions I know but i have 2 DS one who is 9 yrs old and the other 21months old even though we have booked him his own seat, like you I know its going to be hard work. So any info would be appreciated.

We also go via Atlanta, did you get through customs etc smoothly ? do you travel onto Orlando on the same plane ? is there anyway to get a bite to eat or a drink at Atlanta ?

Any information you could give me before Friday I would really appreciate

Hi
Crew on Delta were very friendly. The meal was ok but then I think airline food is always so so. I always pack snacks in case the meal is woeful. Security is seriously tight so take as little carry on as you can lots of people were getting picked for on the spot searches so that means emptying bags, pockets and even taking shoes off. Atlanta airport is huge and has a wonderful array of eating houses and snack shops. You don't get the same plane down to Orlando but this worked ok for us as we got a newer plane typical though you spend eight hours on an old plane and roughly 1-2 on a new one lol.

Don't worry everyone the holiday is 200% better after this :D

I'm from Canada..hope you don't mind me nosing in!

Aren't infants under 2 free??? Every airline I know of they are...They don't occupy a seat??:rolleyes:

Hello

We don't mind you be nosey, just to set the record straight though NOTHING IN THIS COUNTRY IS FREE (lol) I was just going to pay £100 which is mainly tax etc for my DS but after I thought about it 11 hours via Atlanta is a long way for a 21 month old child, and I didn't fancy him climbing all over me all the time so fingers crossed he will sit nicely in his own car seat and the extra £170 will be well spent:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Unfortunately we have to pay for transatlantic flights. I'm not sure if this is so for Canada but it is here. But then we do live in Rip Off Britain lol.

You say that about Britain.

I was born in England, came here at the age of 5. Been back loads of times and love England. I have a daughter of 15 driving me crazy all the time to go there!
But I have a sister of 66 years of age who is plannnig her 'return' to England in the near future because she hates it here! The way I see it...no place is perfect...lots wrong here..but she makes me insane with her Pro-Britain philosophy! Everything is wonderful there and so perfect in her mind!
I'm going to read her your comments...just to 'rattle her chains'! Hahahaha....:Pinkbounc

Dont worry about details Jan - we all love details! The more the better LOL!

Sorry to read about your bumpy start to your holiday but relieved to read that it gets better!

Off to find part two!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter