WDW AP Cancellations - Dis is at it again!!

DisneyDar

Disney Old Timer
Disney is so unbelievably inept in this department! My husband and I both have Platinum Annual Passes to Disney. Due to Covid/moving out of State, we followed the email link to cancel both passes as soon as the email came out to do so. Lo and behold, they still took out our annual pass monthly payments today, totaling $135.52, AFTER we cancelled! This follows the recent boondoggle that was corrected where they took out and returned four months of annual pass payments, all at once. I tried four times to get ahold of this department after I sent the request to be sure it was followed through on. The message said "Your hold time is 35 minutes". Two hours later, still on hold. Four times! Today, I tried again, but they're closed on weekends. Two weeks ago, I emailed Guest Services; no response. The link to follow appears to be lip service. Yes, I know, Covid, parks closed, etc. But this is people's funds that they are holding, and to me this is bordering on fraud. Thoughts on how to accomplish having my funds returned asap aside from disputing charges with my bank, which I will do Monday?

Disney is so unbelievably inept in this department! My husband and I both have Platinum Annual Passes to Disney. Due to Covid/moving out of State, we followed the email link to cancel both passes as soon as the email came out to do so. Lo and behold, they still took out our annual pass monthly payments today, totaling $135.52, AFTER we cancelled! This follows the recent boondoggle that was corrected where they took out and returned four months of annual pass payments, all at once. I tried four times to get ahold of this department after I sent the request to be sure it was followed through on. The message said "Your hold time is 35 minutes". Two hours later, still on hold. Four times! Today, I tried again, but they're closed on weekends. Two weeks ago, I emailed Guest Services; no response. The link to follow appears to be lip service. Yes, I know, Covid, parks closed, etc. But this is people's funds that they are holding, and to me this is bordering on fraud. Thoughts on how to accomplish having my funds returned asap aside from disputing charges with my bank, which I will do Monday?
Try the Florida Attorney General. If not get your credit card company involved. You shouldn't have to wait. Covid 19 is everyone's excuse to hold off returning money.

Dispute with the bank now, the sooner you dispute the sooner you’ll get your money back.

Contact Disney Monday when they’re open.

There is literally no other way to get your money back aside from your bank or Disney. Don’t waste your time with FL AG or BBB or anyone else. That’s just a time suck and you’d be better off watching a movie, reading a book or doing whatever you like to do to calm down.

Dispute with the bank now, the sooner you dispute the sooner you’ll get your money back.

There is literally no other way to get your money back aside from your bank or Disney. Don’t waste your time with FL AG or BBB or anyone else. That’s just a time suck and you’d be better off watching a movie, reading a book or doing whatever you like to do to calm down.

Thanks for the thoughts. I have already tried to call them 4 times, can't get through amd minimum hold time is 2+ hours; doesn't work with a day job. Dispute it will be.

I really hope when this is all over with all these companies sitting on refunds get the hammer dropped on them. At a minimum, I'm guessing Visa/MC will tighten up their contracts and I'm sure many will face class actions and investigations.

Royal Caribbean sat on a $4,000 refund to me for 107 days, finally paid on July 1, the day after the quarter closed. I'm sure it really was just their system being "back up" and had nothing to do with manipulating their quarterly reports. (Every one I know waiting on an RCL payout was paid out in the first few days of July.)

Just an FYI regarding disputes. Once you initiate a dispute, it is against regulations for the company (Disney or whoever) to issue a refund directly to you for that transaction. It doesn’t sound like the OP has a lot of time to sit on hold waiting to speak with someone at Disney. Since in most cases you can file a dispute online, it would probably be more efficient to just do that and let the card issuer deal with Disney. I personally would probably try Disney one last time on Monday before deciding to dispute, but I am working from home and wouldn’t have an issue holding for a long period of time. I hope the OP gets a fast resolution to their issue.

Just an FYI regarding disputes. Once you initiate a dispute, it is against regulations for the company (Disney or whoever) to issue a refund directly to you for that transaction. It doesn’t sound like the OP has a lot of time to sit on hold waiting to speak with someone at Disney. Since in most cases you can file a dispute online, it would probably be more efficient to just do that and let the card issuer deal with Disney. I personally would probably try Disney one last time on Monday before deciding to dispute, but I am working from home and wouldn’t have an issue holding for a long period of time. I hope the OP gets a fast resolution to their issue.
I filed a dispute 2 months ago, the company I filed the dispute against eventually refunded me. Chase reversed the credit from the dispute, processed the refund and sent me a note. Absolutely NBD for me. If you have attempted to fix the situation once and it didn't take, file a dispute. Everyone's time is worth more than waiting around and waiting around and hoping the company gets back to you.

If a company screws up their agreement with the credit card processor that's 100% on them. Honestly, I hope Disney gets in trouble with their credit card and debit card processors. Maybe they'll finally give a darn that they have repeatedly taken money from people erroneously and they need to fix their process. Obviously they didn't get that memo back in July.

Disney is so unbelievably inept in this department! . . . Lo and behold, they still took out our annual pass monthly payments today, totaling $135.52, AFTER we cancelled! . . .

Cash-Is-King! And, as long as Disney has your cash, THEY are the kings.

I'd wait to see if you get automatically refunded, then I believe I would cancel that card and have them issue you a new one to avoid any further mess on Disney's end.

Perennial "all circuits are busy now" recording for the last few days when dialing the AP cancellation number: 407-939-7277. Understaffed? Overwhelmed? A bit of both? Deadline is this evening.

Reactions: cm8
Perennial "all circuits are busy now" recording for the last few days when dialing the AP cancellation number: 407-939-7277. Understaffed? Overwhelmed? A bit of both? Deadline is this evening.
UGH!! It’s still busy too and saying all circuits are busy 😒

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!