WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I got the email too. I'm anxious to see if we can modify online after hitting review and confirm button. Meaning I'd like to change the dates to August. Although I was initially waiting for AP discounts to book my August dates - ugh. I have 2 reservations, so I'll have to see which one this email pertains to. Off to click the links and read the details....

@vinotinto - Update, I just clicked the "Review and Confirm" button..... it is for a resort stay ending 7/5.

I'll let you figure that out. 8-)

so to me it looks like if you are staying at a non-dvc resort you will have to pay the difference to change to one of the open ones. I really hope this doesn’t happen to us in September when we are scheduled at Pop. I guess we will change to Universal if so because I can prob stay at an express pass included hotel for cheaper than a DVC resort. We can always Uber to the Disney Halloween party from universal.

Update.....

When I click on "Review & Confirm" it shows the confirmation number and details of my reservation (which as a reminder has a check-out date of 7/5). My options include:

I’m still planning on coming
  • Many Disney Resort benefits and amenities may be temporarily unavailable. Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground will be open during your travel dates but other Disney Resort hotels will remain closed.
  • If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won’t be open during your travel dates, we can help modify your Disney Resort hotel reservation. And if you have a room and theme park ticket package, we can help modify that too.
  • Once you select "Continue", we will validate your selection and provide next steps.

I’m planning on modifying my reservation

• If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won’t be open during your travel dates, we can help modify your Disney Resort hotel reservation. And if you have a room and theme park ticket package, we can help modify that, too. Note, due to system updates, online modifications are currently unavailable.
  • After choosing this option, we will validate your selection then provide next steps.

I’m planning on cancelling my reservation

• Please note, additional action will be required to cancel your reservation online.
  • After choosing this option we will validate your selection then provide next steps.

I see that they are moving you at no additional cost if you don’t want to change dates. That is a good thing to see. I have to say this is one of the most interesting things I have seen evolve at Disney. (Prob after the change to FP+). Since I have a potential backup plan to change to the dark side if necessary I don’t have too much stress. I am enjoying watching this whole thing evolve.

I got one for our CBR one night stay on June 23 but I have not gotten one for our one night stay July 4 at Yacht Club.

Yes, I did thanks.
Can anyone tell me what happens if I click Continue at the bottom of the page with “I still plan to attend” clicked. Does that lock me into something or just let me see what options I can change to since CBR is closed?

Yes, I did thanks.
Can anyone tell me what happens if I click Continue at the bottom of the page with “I still plan to attend” clicked. Does that lock me into something or just let me see what options I can change to since CBR is closed?

It locks you into a choice and says you’ll be contacted.

Don’t ask how I know.

I assumed from the text it would lead to another menu, but it doesn’t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter