WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I heard the crowds at Universal were pretty light. I wonder if Disney will have a similar experience

24M62VGYFBFTTEE4X4BHJ7FS4Q.jpg

I think I read a report on the Resorts Forum that someone was able to move it this afternoon.
You should be able to keep your 35% discount if you modify your dates if you originally had the Summer Recovery Free Dining offer.

Phew, thanks! I was nervous because before the announcements they weren’t letting anyone modify free dining packages and was worried it’d be the same with the 35%. In addition to changing dates I would also like to change resort from CBR to a crescent lake or MK area resort if we can given skyliner may be closed—would be nice to have boats or walking as an option instead if buses—but I could see why they might not want to give us 35% off a more expensive resort.

I know we keep hearing that folks are getting refunds on their dining plans, and some are getting an additional 35% off while others are not.

I have APs for DH and I, but they have not been activated, since they were bought in early spring in anticipation for youngest DSs HS graduation trip in June which was cancelled (by us) and we moved it to December.

So, we also purchased 7-day park hoppers for our 2 "adult" boys to be used for this trip.

I haven't seen where anyone has gotten a refund for their park hoppers or have I missed something??

I'm *fingers crossing* that they haven't started refunding the park hopper parts because they're trying to figure out how to get them to work with still making park reservations. :rolleyes1

I'm also wondering out loud how IF the rumors about them keeping the MNSSHP party affects having tickets to that party mean that you can make reservation for say Epcot that morning but bc the party takes a special ticket that you can then "hop" to MK that night OR if that means you are "stuck" at MK for the whole day??

and my last wondering out loud is about this statement on the Disney page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/

Does that mean that since we're DVC and have a DVC reservation that *perhaps* I could add a dining plan, IF they open them up??? I mean, IS there such a thing as a "Disney dining plan that is NOT included in a package"??? What would that be exactly?

Thanks for humoring my ramblings..

Just sitting here patiently waiting for Disney to announce their next move....and tying to keep the obsessive planner in me under control... :crazy2: :crazy2:

I know we keep hearing that folks are getting refunds on their dining plans, and some are getting an additional 35% off while others are not.

I have APs for DH and I, but they have not been activated, since they were bought in early spring in anticipation for youngest DSs HS graduation trip in June which was cancelled (by us) and we moved it to December.

So, we also purchased 7-day park hoppers for our 2 "adult" boys to be used for this trip.

I haven't seen where anyone has gotten a refund for their park hoppers or have I missed something??

I'm *fingers crossing* that they haven't started refunding the park hopper parts because they're trying to figure out how to get them to work with still making park reservations. :rolleyes1

I'm also wondering out loud how IF the rumors about them keeping the MNSSHP party affects having tickets to that party mean that you can make reservation for say Epcot that morning but bc the party takes a special ticket that you can then "hop" to MK that night OR if that means you are "stuck" at MK for the whole day??

and my last wondering out loud is about this statement on the Disney page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/

View attachment 499422

Does that mean that since we're DVC and have a DVC reservation that *perhaps* I could add a dining plan, IF they open them up??? I mean, IS there such a thing as a "Disney dining plan that is NOT included in a package"??? What would that be exactly?

Just sitting here patiently waiting for Disney to announce their next move....and tying to keep the obsessive planner in me under control... :crazy2: :crazy2:
merged you with the existing thread

The dining plan has only ever been available with a package, and it is no longer offered.

The rest of your questions are very much “wait and see.” With a December trip, I expect a LOT of changes between now and then. What happens this summer may no longer be true for Dec.

So our August (and Dec) trips are both DVC and literally just days before they shut down dining plans, I was going to buy a Deluxe Dining Plan to add on to our August trip but would that have changed my "points only reservation" into a "package"??

View attachment 499422

Like others have said, no official word on park hopper refunds. There have been rumors that people were told it would happen, but I haven't heard of anyone actually getting a refund. Disney has not announced that they will or won't allow park hopping. Also, I have an AP voucher, but my husband and son have park hoppers from Undercover Tourist. If they cancel park hopping, I don't know if we will get a refund from Disney or UT. So where you got your tickets could make a difference for park hopper refunds. This is all TBD though. No announcements yet.

So our August (and Dec) trips are both DVC and literally just days before they shut down dining plans, I was going to buy a Deluxe Dining Plan to add on to our August trip but would that have changed my "points only reservation" into a "package"??
No not a regular package. It was allowed to add a dining plan with a DVC points booking. If you had added it, it would have been canceled. The dining plan is no longer available for anyone.

Sharing an e-mail I just received:

Subject: Action Required before returning to the magic.

Returning to a World of Magic

Though some of our experiences have changed, the magic never fades. It never wavers. And it’s still waiting for you to come and experience it. That’s why we are excited about your upcoming stay at a Disney Resort hotel.

But to help you confirm if now is still the right time for your visit, please review the following operational updates and click the REVIEW AND CONFIRM button at the bottom of this eMail to confirm, modify or cancel your upcoming visit.

Here are a few of the changes:

HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES

While visiting Walt Disney World Resort, all Guests ages 2 and older—along with all Cast Members—will be required to wear face coverings. To learn more about this and other measures we have put in place, visit here.

THEME PARKS & EXPERIENCES

Our Theme Parks and Water Parks will still be closed during your travel dates. However, Disney Springs is currently in a phased re-opening with many retail and dining locations ready to welcome you. For more information on locations open at Disney Springs, please visit here.

RESORTS

Many Disney Resort benefits and amenities may be temporarily unavailable. Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground will be open during your travel dates but other Disney Resort hotels will remain closed. Check here for the latest details.

If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won’t be open during your travel dates, we can help modify your Disney Resort hotel reservation. And if you have a room and theme park ticket package, we can help modify that too. You can choose to modify your plans when you click the REVIEW AND CONFIRM button below.

DINING

During your stay, dining locations and experiences may be limited to manage capacity and foster physical distancing. To learn more about available dining options, visit here.

TRANSPORTATION

Resort transportation around property will be available in limited capacity to allow for physical distancing. Also, if you are arriving via Orlando International Airport, you may still take advantage of Disney’s Magical Express Service. Details here.

We know a stay here during this time will be different. But the world needs magic now more than ever. And we can’t wait to have you here with us. Hope to see you real soon!

Let us help you determine if now is the right time for your visit. Learn more about your options and how to take action by clicking the button below.

Response requested by June 12, 2020.

Though some of our experiences have changed, the magic never fades. It never wavers. And it’s still waiting for you to come and experience it. That’s why we are excited about your upcoming stay at a Disney Resort hotel.

But to help you confirm if now is still the right time for your visit, please review the following operational updates and click the REVIEW AND CONFIRM button at the bottom of this eMail to confirm, modify or cancel your upcoming visit.

While visiting Walt Disney World Resort, all Guests ages 2 and older—along with all Cast Members—will be required to wear face coverings. To learn more about this and other measures we have put in place, visit here.

Our Theme Parks and Water Parks will still be closed during your travel dates. However, Disney Springs is currently in a phased re-opening with many retail and dining locations ready to welcome you. For more information on locations open at Disney Springs, please visit here.

RESORTS

Many Disney Resort benefits and amenities may be temporarily unavailable. Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground will be open during your travel dates but other Disney Resort hotels will remain closed. Check here for the latest details.

If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won’t be open during your travel dates, we can help modify your Disney Resort hotel reservation. And if you have a room and theme park ticket package, we can help modify that too. You can choose to modify your plans when you click the REVIEW AND CONFIRM button below.

DINING

During your stay, dining locations and experiences may be limited to manage capacity and foster physical distancing. To learn more about available dining options, visit here.

TRANSPORTATION

Resort transportation around property will be available in limited capacity to allow for physical distancing. Also, if you are arriving via Orlando International Airport, you may still take advantage of Disney’s Magical Express Service. Details here.

We know a stay here during this time will be different. But the world needs magic now more than ever. And we can’t wait to have you here with us. Hope to see you real soon!

Let us help you determine if now is the right time for your visit. Learn more about your options and how to take action by clicking the button below.

Is this for one of your June or early July stays?

RESORTS

DINING

TRANSPORTATION

I got the same email for my June 24-27 ASMo free dining recovery package.

Crazy! I'm excited to finally see some news

I'm not crazy about no in-room babysitting. I guess it's for the best.

I bet some people will bail now that Stormalong bay is closed.

I'm fine with the cleaning schedule.

Of course, no telling if we will still get to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!