WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

It locks you into a choice and says you’ll be contacted.

Don’t ask how I know.

I assumed from the text it would lead to another menu, but it doesn’t.
I had July 1-5 and got to the page and haven't clicked on the choice. Do you know if we still have a 5 day cancellation window if what they tell us isn't appealing or are we truly stuck?

I had July 1-5 and got to the page and haven't clicked on the choice. Do you know if we still have a 5 day cancellation window if what they tell us isn't appealing or are we truly stuck?

Do you have a package or room only reservation?

Question--We have a package-- and our trip starts July 19th---So our balance is due soon. If we pay our balance, and we find out in a few weeks that --for example we won't have access to any of the parks, so we want to cancel---will we get a full refund---? I'm trying to understand if the refund policy will apply to us. Our reservation was never adjusted or moved. This has been our original reservation from the beginning.

Question--We have a package-- and our trip starts July 19th---So our balance is due soon. If we pay our balance, and we find out in a few weeks that --for example we won't have access to any of the parks, so we want to cancel---will we get a full refund---? I'm trying to understand if the refund policy will apply to us. Our reservation was never adjusted or moved. This has been our original reservation from the beginning.

From this tweet:
"Disney now says it is waiving change/cancellation fees up to the date of check-in through Oct. 3. Previously the wording said "reservations with arrivals through the closure period."

It's on Disney's site somewhere, but now I can't find it.
Edit, it's embedded in the tweet I guess, when I clicked it from Twitter, it was a copy/paste image but the direct Disney link is there.

Here it is on Disney's website https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/#modifications-cancellations-refunds

Someone just posted in the resorts reopening forum a TA communication its worth a read
Was just on with a Disney rep and they said pools will have limited capacity so At any particular time if there is over a specific amount of Guests already in the pool you may be asked to use a different pool or to come back at a later time. This is a huge issue for us

Got the email asking to confirm my preopening stay. Click the confirm and review button and it goes to a error page

yeah, I want to come stay with you when there is nothing to do lol

Oh lord, going to be insanity to try to get a Topolino's reservations when they make them available now that it's the only character dining spot in WDW, and only signature dinner outside of Disney Springs (I think? Seems to be looking at the hotel lists).

Stormalong bay closure is a shocker. BC/YC was our second choice if we are allowed to modify resorts. That closure will probably now make it harder to book other resorts with nice pools... ugh

I can for sure live with every-other-day housekeeping. Glad they did not do away with it altogether during a resort stay--clean fluffy towels are a hotel perk I can't live without on a summer WDW trip.

To clarify, modifications are only being permitted now for pre-park-opening stays, right? I am on pins and needles waiting to modify my August rezzie as soon as I am able to *bites fingernails*.

Oh lord, going to be insanity to try to get a Topolino's reservations when they make them available now that it's the only character dining spot in WDW, and only signature dinner outside of Disney Springs (I think? Seems to be looking at the hotel lists).

Stormalong bay closure is a shocker. BC/YC was our second choice if we are allowed to modify resorts. That closure will probably now make it harder to book other resorts with nice pools... ugh

I can for sure live with every-other-day housekeeping. Glad they did not do away with it altogether during a resort stay--clean fluffy towels are a hotel perk I can't live without on a summer WDW trip.

To clarify, modifications are only being permitted now for pre-park-opening stays, right? I am on pins and needles waiting to modify my August rezzie as soon as I am able to *bites fingernails*.

Yes, right now they sent out the emails through July 4th check in. Those will trips June 22nd to July 4th get to either change dates to a DVC or Ft Wilderness, and pay additional charge if applicable.

Or, keep dates, and then Disney will move you for free, but their choice where, not yours, Or, of course, cancel.

Once they announce more resorts open, I assume that if they continue to give people the option to move for free with no date changes, it will be the same,,Disney choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!