Raeven

DIS Veteran
We're back from our 1st trip to California and ready to review some food!

We’ll cover it all: The delicious, the awful, and everything in between. We review food from both an allergy and a non allergy perspective since Josh is gluten free and I'm not.

If you want to follow along on my TR it's here:

I’ll Do You One Better: Why Is Gamora?” (WDW Vets Visit Cali, April/May 2019)

Introductions:

IMG_3205.jpeg

My name is Raeven, and here's a picture of me hanging out with my bff Dale at Storyteller's Cafe. I'm 26 years old, and I'm the planner, photographer, and DTR writer for our trips.

Favorite WDW Restaurants: Boma, Homecomin', Shula's
Favorite Universal Orlando Restaurants: Bice, Toothsome, Mythos
Favorite Disneyland Restaurants: Storyteller's Cafe, Carnation Cafe, Steakhouse 55

My food likes include desserts, breakfast foods, burgers, Italian food, tex mex, steak, and all kinds of french fry dishes (especially poutine). I’m not a fan of BBQ, and I don’t eat seafood. This trip my goal was to try the best of Disneyland dining and several places in San Diego that looked interesting.

IMG_2991.jpeg

My trip partner is my boyfriend, Josh. He’s 33, and is gluten free due to an allergy. His food likes include steak, BBQ, burgers, and whatever interesting GF choices he can find. He's not picky at all, but he's is not crazy about dessert (which I think is crazy) :rotfl: or veggies on burgers.

Favorite WDW Restaurants: Yak and Yeti, Shula's, Sanaa
Favorite Universal Orlando Restaurants: Bice, The Palm, Toothsome
Favorite Disneyland Restaurants: Storyteller's Cafe & Carnation Cafe

I know this board is traditionally for WDW food reviews, but I've seen a few DL reviews here too so I hope it's okay to post these here. Our last 2 trips haven't been entirely WDW based, but when I asked after our last trip many people said they still wanted to hear dining reviews from our other trips too; so I wanted to do one for our California trip.

This trip we dined around San Diego for a few days, but after that dined almost exclusively at Disneyland; and all these places were entirely new to us! At the end I also plan to do a comparison between WDW and DL dining and maybe Anaheim/Orlando dining too.

IMG_3972.jpeg

As usual some food plans changed between the PTR and the trip, especially because a flight issue cut about a day off our trip (tune into the TR for that story). This DTR will have a food festival, gluten free food, character meals, giant food, highly recommended Disneyland snacks, a west coast continuation of our search for the best burger, and more :hyper:.

9537F3C6-C5E2-4409-94AA-D339B53374DA.jpeg

We ate at:

Last edited:

Totally following along. After multiple WDW I feel like I've gotten our likes and dislikes pretty well set but a potential DL trip early next year has me feeling completely out of my element.

We have had layovers in Denver a couple times and DS still talks about the meal we had there almost 3 years ago. LOL

So excited to read about your California dining stops! :thumbsup2

He's not picky at all, but he's is not crazy about dessert (which I think is crazy) :rotfl:
I completely agree... how does one not like dessert?!?! :rotfl: Although I'm with him regarding the vegetables on burgers :laughing:

Totally following along. After multiple WDW I feel like I've gotten our likes and dislikes pretty well set but a potential DL trip early next year has me feeling completely out of my element.

Thanks for following :wave2: I felt that way when planning for Cali too!

We have had layovers in Denver a couple times and DS still talks about the meal we had there almost 3 years ago. LOL

Lol what I got was definitely not that exciting :rotfl:

Following along. Can’t wait to read more.

Thanks for following! :wave:

Joining in! Heading to Disneyland for the first time in November so definitely looking for food tips!

Ooo that sounds fun! I'd love to go back around Halloween or Christmas.
Following along here too! You have some great food reviews! popcorn::

Aw thank you!

So glad your doing a dinning report on DL. Looking forward to all of the reviews.

Thanks for following! One of the reasons I really wanted to write a DL one was that I didn't see very many DL DTRs on here when planning, the other is because I just like writing about food :laughing:

So excited to read about your California dining stops! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

I completely agree... how does one not like dessert?!?! :rotfl: Although I'm with him regarding the vegetables on burgers :laughing:

I don't know it's so weird :confused3 The veggies on burgers is easier to understand usually I go without the tomato and on occasion the lettuce because they put half a head of lettuce in there sometimes :rotfl:

Joining in on the fun!

Thanks for following along :wave2:

No chance I'm missing this! We are thinking of doing the land next year so you are totally my advance party :-)

Hi Raeven! Can't wait to read all about your California dining! Some day we may make it out to Disneyland!

No chance I'm missing this! We are thinking of doing the land next year so you are totally my advance party :-)

Ooo that'll be so much fun!

Looking forward to your report! I really liked DL dining!

Thanks for following! Me too! There were so many things I've wanted to try forever there.

Hi Raeven! Can't wait to read all about your California dining! Some day we may make it out to Disneyland!

Thanks for following along! :wave:

Joining in, love food reviews from anywhere and everywhere!!

Same :rotfl: thanks for following!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!