Delete Thread

I love that! And I love the necklace. Great picture of the two of you... as always :goodvibes

Aw thank you!

You sure about that? ;) :laughing:

Not after looking at that picture :rotfl:

Looking forward to it! I'd be curious to hear about the theming and ambiance between the two - does one generally have better theming throughout its restaurants? Or generally better ambiance? How did the crowds compare between the two? And any difference in expense? (probably not?)

Ooo good ones!

Love your best burger quest!! We are huge burger fans. Our fav in LA was the Burger Lounge near Santa Monica Pier. Also fried pickles... yum.

Ooo yum, Burger Lounge was actually one we cut from our list I think there’s one in San Diego I was looking at. We’ll have to go there if we go back sometime!

Goofy looks adorable, as do all the other characters but this is the 2nd mediocre review I've seen of Goofy's Kitchen.
Good to know.

Yeah, I read mostly mediocre reviews too before I went. I thought the food selection looked the most varied and unique though so I picked it based on that, but the food was disappointing. I’m glad we added Storyteller’s in at the last minute though because that one had good food and cute characters.

I love corndogs so I was a big fan of Disneyland's version but WDW doesn't wow me.

Yeah, I’ve heard the ones at WDW aren’t that great. I’ve only had the corndog nuggets there.

I had picked Storyteller's Cafe for our DCA day because you can walk right into the Grand Californian from the park. I loved how the hotel was basically in the park. It kind of felt like it was just an extension of that section of the park which was cool. I liked how they blended together, and the hotel was beautiful.

5Xc9htQl.jpg
I also loved how Grizzly River Run felt like part of the area. I would have loved to stayed at Grand California but it was waaaayyy to pricey!

Corn Arepas
seared Corn Cakes topped with Pulled Pork, Guacamole, Cilantro, and Red Onion

7ivQFrkl.jpg
This looks amazing to me. Has Josh had the Arepas at Skipper Canteen?

So one of my "must do" restaurants for Disneyland was Cafe Orleans. I knew I wanted to try the pomme frites and beignets for sure, and I love the theming in New Orleans square.
I wish we had done this when we were there.

yum

DECtnG7l.jpg

It was cheesy but not a super creamy kind of cheese, like it says in the description it was a cheesey sauce. It was delicious though, and I wished I could've eaten more of it.
sauce says extra creamy to me, for sure.

I also loved how Grizzly River Run felt like part of the area. I would have loved to stayed at Grand California but it was waaaayyy to pricey!

Agreed, it looks so cool, but it's sooo expensive!

This looks amazing to me. Has Josh had the Arepas at Skipper Canteen?

No, we've never been! But that's what the description reminded me of.

sauce says extra creamy to me, for sure.

It wasn't like a thick creamy sauce, but it was very cheesy and delicious!

I've really enjoyed following along with this, even if I haven't been a very good commenter! Your comparisons between WDW and DL are super interesting and helpful! I'm looking forward to reading your wrap-up to get another view of the highs and the lows from this trip.

Awesome report Raeven!!! Especially love the comparison at the end. You've got my so excited for Disneyland next year Its like you've done the scouting trip for us. I'll just remember to steer clear of pickles!

Enjoyed the dining reviews and comparisons. It sounds like a fun trip with a good variety of parks and other attractions!

I've really enjoyed following along with this, even if I haven't been a very good commenter! Your comparisons between WDW and DL are super interesting and helpful! I'm looking forward to reading your wrap-up to get another view of the highs and the lows from this trip.

Awesome report Raeven!!! Especially love the comparison at the end. You've got my so excited for Disneyland next year Its like you've done the scouting trip for us. I'll just remember to steer clear of pickles!

Enjoyed the dining reviews and comparisons. It sounds like a fun trip with a good variety of parks and other attractions!

Thank you!

Finally caught up- just in time for you to be done!

Thanks for the reports. I especially appreciated the wrap-up and the comparison of WDW/DL. We're planning a Disneyland trip next fall and it's so overwhelming since it's all new!

Finally caught up- just in time for you to be done!

Thanks for the reports. I especially appreciated the wrap-up and the comparison of WDW/DL. We're planning a Disneyland trip next fall and it's so overwhelming since it's all new!

Aw thanks for reading! It was overwhelming looking at all the new stuff. Especially in other areas too. I felt like I had a decent idea of what to do in DL, but felt a little lost when I started looking at San Diego and LA even though that involves less overall planning. If you have any more questions let me know and I’ll try to answer them the best I can!

Great report! We are also WDW vets and made our first DL visit a few weeks after you. We shared many of your sentiments.

I felt kind of silly taking a Lyft just to go to a fast food restaurant that was a few miles away, but honestly I don't think we're the only ones to have done that. The place was PACKED even at 9pm and the drive thru was wrapped around the area.

We visited In-n-Out in LA and had the exact same experience! The inside line was wrapped around the restaurant and I had to stalk people for a table. I wasn't expecting this because I thought it was just a fixture in California, but apparently its just as popular with locals as it is with tourists!

We also were a little underwhelmed by the QS at DL, but we are also not QS people. And because we felt there were fewer TS options than WDW, we struggled to decide where to eat or where to get snacks at times. We enjoyed Cafe Orleans the most - that was outstanding for us!

Was Black Tap in Downtown Disney open when you were there? As a fellow burger and dessert lover, this was a must-do for me. I thought it was a tad overhyped, but still very good and was glad I tried it! Shakes were better here than at Toothsome, but Toothsome's food would win for me (for comparison).

Great report! We are also WDW vets and made our first DL visit a few weeks after you. We shared many of your sentiments.

Thank you!

We visited In-n-Out in LA and had the exact same experience! The inside line was wrapped around the restaurant and I had to stalk people for a table. I wasn't expecting this because I thought it was just a fixture in California, but apparently its just as popular with locals as it is with tourists!

I don’t get it at all every one we saw was like that :confused3 Even the popular fast food places we have locally don't ever get like that. Especially because we didn’t think it was anything more than basic fast food I couldn’t understand why it seemed so popular with everyone who lives in Cali.

We also were a little underwhelmed by the QS at DL, but we are also not QS people. And because we felt there were fewer TS options than WDW, we struggled to decide where to eat or where to get snacks at times. We enjoyed Cafe Orleans the most - that was outstanding for us!

Yeah we aren’t either. I had a pretty good idea of where I wanted to eat, but we were sometimes limited by our tickets (non hoppers so couldn’t really try all we wanted in DCA), and some of the things planned in Downtown Disney we skipped because we didn’t want to leave the park when we had just got there.

Was Black Tap in Downtown Disney open when you were there? As a fellow burger and dessert lover, this was a must-do for me. I thought it was a tad overhyped, but still very good and was glad I tried it! Shakes were better here than at Toothsome, but Toothsome's food would win for me (for comparison).

It had just started soft opening when we went, and it was something I wanted to try but we didn’t want to wait in the line, and we already had our meals planned, but I wish we got to try it. Definitely next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter