WDW Housing and Rent

BethieBoo18

Earning My Ears
Hey, I have a question or two for WDW DCP alum. So, I didn't realize that the rent prices are taken out of your check each week. Do you still have enough to get groceries and occasionally get meals in the park? I'm just worried that I won't make enough, should I get accepted. Also, is Vista Way a good place? Or is it a party complex?

Hey, I have a question or two for WDW DCP alum. So, I didn't realize that the rent prices are taken out of your check each week. Do you still have enough to get groceries and occasionally get meals in the park?

There is no yes/no answer to this, as it comes down to how good you are at budgeting and how many hours you are getting at your job. I'd say I averaged in anywhere from $2-300 on an average week after rent. You then have to factor in any bills, vehicle costs, etc. that you might have.

I recommend going down with at least $1,000 in savings (if you can) to help cover costs, especially at the start.

Also, is Vista Way a good place? Or is it a party complex?

I lived in Vista for both programs. It's perfectly fine for what it is, I never noticed a party vibe.

I never had an issue with not being able to afford rent. I move in next week for the international CRP and i'm a bit worried if I get a 1 bed, 2 person as I feel with that it could be difficult since they're so expensive! But before I barely even noticed rent come out my account. You just have to be sensible and not go crazy buying merch (which I know can be difficult if you're like me haha).

As for Vista, there are more parties there than some complexes (such as Patterson). But it's not like it used to be years ago. Every complex has it's benefits. I know a lot of people who put Vista as their first choice - it's next to walgreens, dollar tree and plenty of food places. I personally prefer the other 3 due to them being closer to the outlets and publix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter