WDW Marathon Weekend - Half Marathon

Dan C

Earning My Ears
So I'm a few weeks late to the party it seems. My cousins just informed me that they are running in the half, and it piqued my interest. When I went to register, it has been sold out. I went looking through the charities, and it seems most of them are a pretty hefty amount to raise, and you still need to pony up the registration fee. Does anyone have any experience in any of the charities, preferably the ones on the lower end of the donation spectrum, as my fund raising pool would probably be pretty small. Thanks

Raw Threads Club looks like they still have 3 bibs for the half. You would have to join the club which I believe is $125 and then would be able to register for the half. You get some other goodies as well, although I'm not sure what they are since I'm not a member. @courtneybeth could you help out with your expertise?

I actually already reached out to @Dan C on PM and have shared the details.

In short for anyone else who is curious.
- pay $125. Get $25 back as a gift card, a shirt, and monthly sales via private FB group. Sales include: 30-40% off selected items, first go at flash sales, and gift card accrual for purchases made during the holidays.
- get access to sold out races. The half is $209 and includes active fees
- can invite up to two real life friends or family members to run with you on a race weekend. (Ie, I signed up for Disneyland double dare and gave my two passes to my husband and my friend samantha). You cannot offer them for a fee (i.e., saying you'll give access for an extra fee) or to people you don't really know. They have a way of checking.

I've gone to raw threads for all my race reg now. Cost is within $5-10 of actual race price - sometimes cheaper for less popular races and more expensive for races like princess but you don't have to go charity if it sells out. I can register on my schedule. Races are often available up to a few weeks before the event.

I hope that clarifies. I really should be an ambassor at this point :P

For the past 2-3 years they've fractured goofy registrations in late sept/early October and reopened half registration

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!