WDW Rise of the Resistance Scooter WARNING -- *No Spoilers*

Sadgrad

Earning My Ears
** No Spoilers **
TL;DR -- At the point where they take your scooter\ECV, say YES to the wheelchair. Trust me.

For WDW's Ride of The Resistance, at the point where the cast member takes your scooter\ECV and asks if you can "walk down a short hallway," say you cannot and take the offered wheelchair!

First off, you have to wait quite a few minutes to even leave the room you're standing in to get to that short hallway that is definitely not short and is also slightly sloped and narrow. Also if the ride were to break down while you're in that hallway, because of its design it's VERY difficult to get a cast member's attention if you needed a wheelchair brought to you for any extended wait. Even without any breakdowns we were in that hallway WAY too long for both my parents. At least 20 minutes and the slope, though mild, just made it so much worse.

And then at the bottom of the hall there's another 8 - 15 minutes of standing and a little walking during the experience.

I was with my two elderly parents (they'd be ticked off if they knew I called them that 😄) who were both in scooters and had no problems at any other rides in the 4 parks with standing or walking a bit because all the other ride descriptions given by the cast members were accurate. This one was not.

Unfortunately, as a result of standing so long during Rise my dad's injury was inflamed and he was in too much pain to continue for the day. Fortunately, it was early evening and we had done most everything we had planned on doing in Hollywood Studios. However, if we were lucky enough to have had an earlier Boarding Group and this happened in the morning our day would have ended pretty sadly.

The ride is absolutely as amazing as everyone says it is but the memory of our first experience will always be slightly tainted by the pain both my parents were in due to an inaccurate description given by a cast member.

And, yes, at the end when you get your scooters back, I did explain what happened to that Disney cast member so they were aware of the situation.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm really sensitive to slight slopes, moreso than steep ones and it throws my equilibrium out of whack. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

That’s super weird! I was on the ride today and was only standing for 10 minutes tops before actually on the ride. I guess it was running faster today.

That’s super weird! I was on the ride today and was only standing for 10 minutes tops before actually on the ride. I guess it was running faster today.
Oh that's good to know. That means when the cast member told us just a few minutes, it truly can be just a few minutes. I just thought she was maybe accidentally wrong about the extended wait time. She just wouldn't have known about the additional time. I'm not quite as upset about this now. I truly thought they were giving us misinformation and that was where I was upset especially since everywhere else in the parks was so right on with standing and waiting times. I feel a bit better about our experience now and hope it's more of the exception than the rule.

Rode at Disneyland and my Mom's wheelchair was taken just before we entered the interrogation room. She was fine with the couple minutes that she had to stand.

Rode at Disneyland and my Mom's wheelchair was taken just before we entered the interrogation room. She was fine with the couple minutes that she had to stand.

Same with me at Disneyland. I rode the scooter up until the interrogation room and it was waiting for me at the exit. I am surprised they don't do this at WDW.

This is all very good information to know!! It is hard for me to stand long, but slopes are a definite deal breaker. People without disabilities don’t recognize some things as even being an issue- it’s a slope, not stairs, so anyone can do it, right!? Wrong. Oh so wrong!

Unfortunately, as a result of standing so long during Rise my dad's injury was inflamed and he was in too much pain to continue for the day. Fortunately, it was early evening and we had done most everything we had planned on doing in Hollywood Studios. However, if we were lucky enough to have had an earlier Boarding Group and this happened in the morning our day would have ended pretty sadly.

The ride is absolutely as amazing as everyone says it is but the memory of our first experience will always be slightly tainted by the pain both my parents were in due to an inaccurate description given by a cast member.

And, yes, at the end when you get your scooters back, I did explain what happened to that Disney cast member so they were aware of the situation.
I’m so sorry they both ended up in pain!! I’m glad they were able to enjoy the rest of the day beforehand ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!