• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW to Universal?

bananiem

It's like Annie Bananie only it's just Bananie M.<
On our last trip in Oct. 2000 we just did WDW parks and used their transportation. We are planning a trip for this December and DH would like to go to Universal/IOA. What do you do for transportation? Do you have to rent a car or is their another way?
Thanks!

We use Tiffany TownCar to go from CR to USF/IOA in the past. For our July trip, we're using them again form MCO to CR/BCV and two days RT to USF/IOA. Never had any problems using them.

Pardon my ignorance, but where do you catch a shuttle? Do they actually come on Disney property? And if I may be so tacky as to ask, could you give me a ball park figure on how much the taxis and towncar services charge for this? When we went before I got a coupon off the 'net for roundtrip to and from the airport for around $100 so I'm assuming it would be less than that.:confused:

Hi there,

I have always rented a car in Orlando for my trips, but from what I have gathered from other posters, you call Mears shuttle service the day before to scheduled an appt pickup.

They will come to most hotels in the Orlando area.

I think their website is mears.com, and it's about l2 pp rt.

Don't know what taxis and towncars cost. My guesstimate is around $45. rt.

It's a good l0 miles to Universal from dt disney.

Herc.

I had called mears to see how to make an appt to be picked up, and they told me I could call about 2 weeks before my trip to make the arrangements. they would pick us up at the hotel and then about an hour and a half prior to us wanting to leave the park we should call them to make arrangements for pick up. i belive they said the cost was $24 or $26. The web site is actually
www.mearstransportation.com

We used Yourride for transportation from All Star Music to Universal - it was $50.00 round trip (plus tip) for 8 of us in a big van. Worked out great!!!!! Thank you Rabbitt !!!!

I just got an email reply from the Yellow Cab Company (owned by Mears) and they quoted me a fare from Old Key West to Sea World $31 and OKW to US/IOA $37......each way. I thought that was somewhat pricey. We really don't want to deal with a rental car so we may use Tiffany. Hope this helps you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter