Daniella Pannone

OurPrideRock
Our first post here, and looking for any advice and tips you all may have to offer!

We are visiting WDW for the 3rd time together this May, but the first time with a child of our own! Our little baby Thea will be joining us for her first trip and will be 3 and a half months old when we fly. We are also travelling with another family who are bringing their 4 year old.

We fly direct with Virgin Atlantic Premium Class it was about £600pp cheaper than economy when we booked! We have also requested a skycot on the flight, but won't know if we are getting one until the day of the flight.

We are staying at All-star-music (we always do) for two weeks and have booked the free dining and then upgrading from just the free breakfast to free quick service.

As I said, we would really appreciate any and all advice you guys may have for taking an infant to the Disney World, and will give a full report of how we managed when we get back 😁.

Incase this affects the advice you would give, she is formula / bottle fed.

Well my advice is good luck.

I do not really get why you would take a infant to WDW. We wait till our kids were about 5.

my advice if you do this is to switch off parents often, take many quiet moments , and short days at the parks.

sunscreen and plenty of fluids.

We'll not lie, it's obviously a trip for us not for her.

We had been planning the trip for some time and had it booked before she was in the picture and we've decided to keep going.

Thanks for the advice, and luck 😂

Last edited:
You'll be fine, and parents with little ones just get on with it. At the end of the day where would you rather spend 2 weeks of your time? At home or DW?

At that age I think they are much easier than toddlers 😂

A lot of people say they wouldn't bother taking a baby/toddler to DW until they're older but in that case why do anything for a baby if they cant remember it (birthday parties, day trips etc)

You'll be fine, and parents with little ones just get on with it. At the end of the day where would you rather spend 2 weeks of your time? At home or DW?

At that age I think they are much easier than toddlers 😂

A lot of people say they wouldn't bother taking a baby/toddler to DW until they're older but in that case why do anything for a baby if they cant remember it (birthday parties, day trips etc)

Thankyou so much! and agreed much rather spend it in DW 😂
That is exactly what we are hoping, that she will be easier to manage, hopefully just eat, sleep, giggle, repeat.

Good point, as we said before its definetley more a holiday for us that her, and she's only cost us £150 to add to the entirety of the holiday, so financially she's not costing us much to take her.

Well my advice is good luck.

I do not really get why you would take a infant to WDW. We wait till our kids were about 5.

my advice if you do this is to switch off parents often, take many quiet moments , and short days at the parks.

sunscreen and plenty of fluids.

there is not a lot to get

Disney is for any age

Thankyou so much! and agreed much rather spend it in DW 😂
That is exactly what we are hoping, that she will be easier to manage, hopefully just eat, sleep, giggle, repeat.

Good point, as we said before its definetley more a holiday for us that her, and she's only cost us £150 to add to the entirety of the holiday, so financially she's not costing us much to take her.

your not alone we will be going with a 10 month old next year cos we miss it so much.
how you planning your days. We need tips too 😂😂

Although we didn't ever take our children to WDW as babies, we did travel with them and found it to be the easiest time to travel with them. Much easier than when they were toddlers! They both fed and slept as usual and were easy to take out and about as they could sleep in their buggy regardless of where we were, the time of the day or change in clocks. DD was three months old the first time we took her abroad and she loved smiling at everyone and all the different things and people to see. I always made sure I had loads of sun screen (Ultrasun is amazing) and had them well covered as well. Lots of fluids to keep them hydrated too. I also tried to have them sucking on take off and landing (breast fed so perhaps easier) to minimise the possibility of sore ears with cabin pressure changes.

You'll be having a fantastic time and will be super relaxed. All feeds through to your wee one who will be in his/her element. Enjoy!

Mrs TT

Have a great time! I loved traveling with mine when they were that age.
Can sleep anywhere.
Make sure you're aware of baby care locations and how rider switch works.
I would recommend something like a boba air sling. It takes up hardly any space under the pram and is light and thin to carry her when you need to. Will make a big difference to queues (and snacks) when she's sleeping. Luckily wdw has lots of places to leave the pushchair.

Take it easy and seek out shady spots for her to lay flat on a blanket and laugh at the trees (whilst you have more snacks ;-) )

your not alone we will be going with a 10 month old next year cos we miss it so much.
how you planning your days. We need tips too 😂😂

Haha glad its not just us 😂,
So far the plans are looking like 1 park a day, disney springs quite alot of evenings, with everything spread out. We're going to try for active mornings and then see where the day takes us from there! If our little one or the 4 year old we're going with crashes so be it, if they can keep going in the afternoon great! We'll find something to do in the park we are in 😂

Hope you guys have a fab time! 😁

Although we didn't ever take our children to WDW as babies, we did travel with them and found it to be the easiest time to travel with them. Much easier than when they were toddlers! They both fed and slept as usual and were easy to take out and about as they could sleep in their buggy regardless of where we were, the time of the day or change in clocks. DD was three months old the first time we took her abroad and she loved smiling at everyone and all the different things and people to see. I always made sure I had loads of sun screen (Ultrasun is amazing) and had them well covered as well. Lots of fluids to keep them hydrated too. I also tried to have them sucking on take off and landing (breast fed so perhaps easier) to minimise the possibility of sore ears with cabin pressure changes.

You'll be having a fantastic time and will be super relaxed. All feeds through to your wee one who will be in his/her element. Enjoy!

Mrs TT

That's what we've been hearing alot of "It'll be easier than toddlers" 😂 and we're hoping what you say is true, they'll eat and then sleep in their buggy!
Ah that sounds amazing to experiance 😍 Thea will be 3 and a bit months old, and just yesterday she started laughing so we are super excited for that.

Ah thankyou! We knew we'd have to sun screen them but thatyou so much for the reccomendation, and speaking of fluids, did you ever top them up with water at all or just keep to milk?

Sucking for take off and landing is a fantastic idea that we hadn't thouhgt of! Thankyou! though you are right, it may be easier to do with a breast fed 😂

Thankyou! we really can't wait and are super excited, especially with everyones positivity towards our trip, it really is helping us relax about it! 😊

Have a great time! I loved traveling with mine when they were that age.
Can sleep anywhere.
Make sure you're aware of baby care locations and how rider switch works.
I would recommend something like a boba air sling. It takes up hardly any space under the pram and is light and thin to carry her when you need to. Will make a big difference to queues (and snacks) when she's sleeping. Luckily wdw has lots of places to leave the pushchair.

Take it easy and seek out shady spots for her to lay flat on a blanket and laugh at the trees (whilst you have more snacks ;-) )

Thankyou so much! We're really looking forward to it!

We've started researching the baby care locations but will be sure to remember where they are before we go!
We've got a Tula we were thinking of bringing, so hopefully it'll be good for the queues.

Did you feel quite safe to just park your pushchair and leave it place?

Gotta say that does sound an amazing time! 😊

Haha glad its not just us 😂,
So far the plans are looking like 1 park a day, disney springs quite alot of evenings, with everything spread out. We're going to try for active mornings and then see where the day takes us from there! If our little one or the 4 year old we're going with crashes so be it, if they can keep going in the afternoon great! We'll find something to do in the park we are in 😂

Hope you guys have a fab time! 😁

That was really our plan too

you hoping the baby sleeps in the stroller on the nights at Disney springs?

what are you guys doing if you want to do a thrill ride. We were thinking of paying for the in room baby sitting a couple of nights so we get to do some thrill rides together.

And a few rider swaps. But will the rides still be as good doing it alone is what I can’t decide that’s why wee were thinking of baby sitting sometimes

Thankyou so much! We're really looking forward to it!

We've started researching the baby care locations but will be sure to remember where they are before we go!
We've got a Tula we were thinking of bringing, so hopefully it'll be good for the queues.

Did you feel quite safe to just park your pushchair and leave it place?

Gotta say that does sound an amazing time! 😊
With regards to your pushchair I always kept our phones and etc on us but I am a huge worrier:rolleyes: I haven't heard any reports of stuff being taken.

Also I would try and make your pushchair stand out from all the others. We used to struggle to find ours in amongst the others but then we put some pink ribbons on it which made it easier :thumbsup2

........did you ever top them up with water at all or just keep to milk?

Mine were rascals and if I was about preferred the home brew to water. :laughing: I always kept a bottle of boiled water handy though and offered them that if their fontanelle was down and I felt they were needing some additional hydration.

Mrs TT

That was really our plan too

you hoping the baby sleeps in the stroller on the nights at Disney springs?

what are you guys doing if you want to do a thrill ride. We were thinking of paying for the in room baby sitting a couple of nights so we get to do some thrill rides together.

And a few rider swaps. But will the rides still be as good doing it alone is what I can’t decide that’s why wee were thinking of baby sitting sometimes

Yup! Definitely hoping so 😂

So we are actually super fortunate to be going with another family, a mum dad and little girl who will be 4.
So it means that we can use rider swap, they can go on first and then we can go on, and the way rider swap works the little girl will be able to get on everything twice in a row!

We weren't aware of the baby sitting services actaully!

With regards to your pushchair I always kept our phones and etc on us but I am a huge worrier:rolleyes: I haven't heard any reports of stuff being taken.

Also I would try and make your pushchair stand out from all the others. We used to struggle to find ours in amongst the others but then we put some pink ribbons on it which made it easier :thumbsup2

Yes, we'd keep things such as that in a bag on us.

hahah thanks for the advice! 😂 Will need to look into some stand out decorations now!

Mine were rascals and if I was about preferred the home brew to water. :laughing: I always kept a bottle of boiled water handy though and offered them that if their fontanelle was down and I felt they were needing some additional hydration.

Mrs TT

hahaha, 😂
ah cool thanks for sharing with us 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter