WDW's 50th Celebration…Who's going??

Awe crud. How busy do you guys think 2022 will be because of this?

It all depends on when they end the celebration.

I am thinking we will hear something about celebration dates at D23.

I am guessing there won’t be much impact for the 50th celebration, at least not the later part of 2022...

I can't wait. We did Disneyland's 50th and had a blast. We plan on going to Magic Kingdoms also. My hubby also turns 50 that year. So we have some trips planned to go during the 50th celebration. Never thought about going Oct 1. Might have to think about that.

We just got back from our trip and I'm already trying to plan the next one! 2021 is so far out but if I go next year 2020, I don't know if I'll get back for 2021. So I may skip a year.
My friend wants to do a weekend trip to just Epcot for F&W...maybe that will tide me over until 2021...LOL

We just got back from our trip and I'm already trying to plan the next one! 2021 is so far out but if I go next year 2020, I don't know if I'll get back for 2021. So I may skip a year.
My friend wants to do a weekend trip to just Epcot for F&W...maybe that will tide me over until 2021...LOL
The way Disney has been running celebrations and events it would not surprise me to see there be a pre-birthday celebration from Jan-Oct 2021 and then the birthday celebration from Oct 2021 through to December of 2022. Milk it for all it's worth.

I turn 50 in 2021 and hope, hope, hope we can swing a long weekend (just me and the hubs) sometime during the celebration. Because 50!!!!
My husband and I turn 50 in 2021 too! We are also hoping to get a trip in that year!!

Originally we were probably going to go again in summer 2022 but we might now move our trip up to summer 2021...we will see if it is going to be going on then.

I suspect the official celebration will not start until October 2021
No lady wants to be called older than she is ;)

[/QUOTE]Does anyone know what DL did for the 60th? Were all the celebration events after July 17, 2015??[/QUOTE]

We were there Spring Break 2016 and the park was still decorated for the 60th and they were running a 60th Anniversary edition of WOC at DCA and 60th Anniversary fireworks at DL. The characters were also still wearing their special sparkly outfits.

It would be awesome if they did another free month on the APs for the 50th like they did for the 45th.

We bought our APs and activated them the week of Thanksgiving 2016 so they expire on Christmas day every year. Offering the 13 month promotion again would push our renewal date to the end of January and with the currently allotted 30-day after expiration window to renew, I would be able to renew our passes within a week of my yearly bonus payout at work.

Of course all that is based on the fact they keep renewal rules the same as now.

I think I’m the only person who liked the cake castle lol

Not the only one - my parents went that year with my brother's band trip and my mom really liked it and still talks about how cool it was :)

They celebrate their 50th anniversary in 2021 so hoping for a trip for WDW's 50th as well that year with them!

Have there been any new updates on when the celebrations will start for the 50th Anniversary? We are looking at a trip in June 2021 so my daughter doesn't have to miss school for this trip and kind of hoping some of the new 50th celebration stuff will start that summer. Anyone know of any updates? This is my first post too love this Disboard.

Have there been any new updates on when the celebrations will start for the 50th Anniversary? We are looking at a trip in June 2021 so my daughter doesn't have to miss school for this trip and kind of hoping some of the new 50th celebration stuff will start that summer. Anyone know of any updates? This is my first post too love this Disboard.

Nothing official yet. I suspect we won't hear anything official until the middle of 2020, and guessing the celebration will start the summer of 2021. The DL 60th celebration started in May with July being the actual 60th birthday.

Of course, this is only a guess!

Oh, and :welcome: to the DISboards!

We are planning the same...staying at the Contemporary, so we can just walk back to the hotel at the end of the night.

We will be booking room only the day it becomes available, which I saw posted that you can book room only 499 days ahead, so that would be in May, next year.

When can you book a package, any earlier?

Since we go at least once every year, I can almost positively say we will be there near or on that month. We love F&W and were there Oct. this year instead of our usual Sept. Planning to go? Since we don't plan anything (I don't even know when, what or if I'm having supper tonight) I'm going to say we aren't planning. Will we go? Most likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!