We are all booked... come on in and tell me how I did...:)

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
As some of you might have read, this is our first trip to Europe. I can not tell you how excited we are to be going. After much discussion we decided on Paris and DLP... We are celebrating our 15 year anniversary in the city or lights and love. Ooh La la...

So far here our plans...

We will be flying from Orlando to JFK then on to CDG.. We went with premium economy, and are hoping to get a offer to upgrade to business... please keep your fingers crossed for us and some extra pixie dust... or any tips on getting a bump up at the gate... we are Flying Delta/ Air France

On the first part of our trip we will spend 5 night in Paris... We decided on the Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel, we did upgrade to a king room, which is a very important feature and a necessity for us, as DH is tall 6'4" and has had back surgery plus he is a bed hog, I have an issue with my neck and shoulder and so sleeping comfortably is a must for us both... so that we can get up and go the next day.

We will move to DLP for 3 nights staying at Newport Bay Club, in a Compass Club lake view room... Which I will say was a last minute change.. we were still debating between Newport Bay and Sequoia Lodge, in standard rooms, but the bed situation with double beds made me nervous. It states 1 large double bed or 2 double beds... When I made the call

So I called WDW and asked to be transferred to DLP, I had made a couple of earlier calls in last weeks as a dry run and to get info...which does vary some what....also if you don't get through or the call disconnects, or you get a CM that speaks French only, keep trying... I was very specific when making my request. So I requested to please be transferred to DLP to make a room reservation, and I need someone that speaks English...as my French is " tres peu" (very little). I got a lovely CM who was so helpful and really just lovely... She was "magnifique"... after talking with her, she offered me to book through the UK, which had a offer for 25% off the room rate and free half board... I said I was interested, so when she looked it up she said, Wow they have just added in the compass club room with a lake view.. which I thought there is no way that's in my budget... after she did some converting from British pounds to dollars... which I did as well... It was only 200.00 dollars US more, sold... I said book it S'il vous plait... I did use my Amex card, as there are no fees for this type of international charge...

Soooo

We are staying in a Compass club room with Lake view, king bed, 4 day PH tickets, access to the Compass Club which serve's a hot American breakfast, and tea time w/ snacks and drinks, plus another meal in the parks or hotel of our choosing, and 1 extra FP per person per day... She did say in the evenings that the Compass Club offers desserts and snacks, also she stated that there are drinks available all day the Compass Club room? but I can not find anything on this... Anyone have any info on this?

Then we will be using the Disney Magical Shuttle to get back to CDG for our flight home...

Now to get a plan of sorts in place for Paris site's and DLP dinning reservations...

Any thoughts or suggestions are always much appreciated.

Merci :thanks:

No desserts in the evening, only till about 6 o'clock, she might have mend the tea, but yes, you can get drinks the whole day in the compass club, it's a really nice place. If we stay club level we always go back for the tea and snacks, it's a nice way to relax during the day

When we were going over all the perks, she went over the fact is was an "American Style Hot breakfast" and too take a look on line that there were lots of videos. Then went on to talk about Tea time and that there were sweet and some savory options from around 4:00 to 6:00.. then she said there are dessert available at night, along with all day you can pop in and grab bottled water, cokes, and juice, and some other hot beverages... this really doesn't matter to me if there are dessert in the evening, as we will want to be in the parks in the evening for fireworks and such... and stopping off somewhere to grab a adult beverage before calling it a night.

Are you comfortable sharing your dates ? We are also going this June and will be in lakeside club rooms........

I will also be there in May, I think the 14th-16th. We are expats living in NL and now call DLP our home park. Although we keep going back to WDW for the complete experience with great CM interaction.

I will also be there in May, I think the 14th-16th. We are expats living in NL and now call DLP our home park. Although we keep going back to WDW for the complete experience with great CM interaction.

Could you give me an idea on what the weather will be like at the end of April and 1st week of May?

Could you give me an idea on what the weather will be like at the end of April and 1st week of May?

Anything from cold and rainy to warm and sunny. Wheather is really unpredictable in Paris most of the year. Be ready for everything and wear layers so you can adapt to sudden changes (not uncommon)

If we stay club level we always go back for the tea and snacks, it's a nice way to relax during the day

I would reccommend to do this too. DLP hasn't have many rides, you don't have to run from ride to ride all day: relax, appreciate the many little details that make DLP so special and enjoy an afternoon break.

Restaurants reservations don't open until 60 days before and it's not a rush like in WDW. But definitely book them a few weeks in advance, or you'll be very limited in choice of time or place.

Anything from cold and rainy to warm and sunny. Wheather is really unpredictable in Paris most of the year. Be ready for everything and wear layers so you can adapt to sudden changes (not uncommon)

I would reccommend to do this too. DLP hasn't have many rides, you don't have to run from ride to ride all day: relax, appreciate the many little details that make DLP so special and enjoy an afternoon break.

Restaurants reservations don't open until 60 days before and it's not a rush like in WDW. But definitely book them a few weeks in advance, or you'll be very limited in choice of time or place.

Merci for the info... DH and I will more than likely be quite tired once we get to DLP after 5 nights running all over Paris, so we are planning a slower pace and really soaking up what DLP has to offer.

We are planning on jeans and pants, for our trip, we both have a rain jacket( Columbia and very lightweight) they are going in the carry on, I was planning on bring a another jacket but a bit heavier than the rain jackets...for each of us... Do you think that we will need something heavier?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!